Gundam Discussion Thread

Oops, I forgot to take the shots from RX-78-2 XD Made a reminder of it on my phone just now so I'll take them tomorrow. I like some bulky Gundam's but the Full Saber set is something that I do not like :p

1080p does some awesome things to Gundam 00 if you've previously seen it in 720p rips from TV with a big load of compression added to it. I'm currently rewatching the whole show in 1080p (a Blu-ray rip) and it looks better then I could've imagined. Also, I just started the 2nd season and saw the episode "Twin Drive". I believe I have found a new love for Gundam 00 that I was previously missing :p I now need it in 1/100 MG, LOL.

The only one i have is the Wing Gundam Zero Custom i got at a Convention for $170 it has 3K pieces and articulated fingers and everything I LOVE that model (site in my living room on a stand)

1080p does some awesome things to Gundam 00 if you've previously seen it in 720p rips from TV with a big load of compression added to it. I'm currently rewatching the whole show in 1080p (a Blu-ray rip) and it looks better then I could've imagined. Also, I just started the 2nd season and saw the episode "Twin Drive". I believe I have found a new love for Gundam 00 that I was previously missing :p I now need it in 1/100 MG, LOL.

Obviously it will look awesome! but honestly, the designs from 00 look really plain. I think I've said this before. Love the Seed and Seed Destiny Gundams. Especially Freedom/Strike Freedom and Destiny. Loving those wings :D

The only one i have is the Wing Gundam Zero Custom i got at a Convention for $170 it has 3K pieces and articulated fingers and everything I LOVE that model (site in my living room on a stand)

Cool man! take some pics of it to share!

^That's true. But they also try to break away from the typical Gundam designs we've seen in the past yet maintaining that design. If you know what I mean.

@littleneutrino: I bet that's the PG 1/60 version. And I'm with Razorwing, take some pics! :D

I am eagerly waiting any news regarding a new Gundam series. I wouldn't mind if they kept using the political side of war (as seen in Gundam Wing and Gundam 00) for a new series. I just hope they'r going to pick a great artists for the mechanical designs and come up with perhaps something new like they did with Gundam 00. I just hope that they wont make it too futuristic.

I keep double posting in this thread :pinch:

Here's my RX-78-2:

RX-78-2.png

Sorry for the crappy quality.. I took the shot with my phone. Also, I didn't want to ruin the way my RX-79[G] and RX-78-5 are currently being displayed so I didn't put those next to the RX-78-2 :p

man that is awesome! Now waiting on the other pics now! Can't wait to see your Qan[T] :D My Secret project is almost done.. need to dry from glue.. :D

Note though that the sticker in the shield isn't the correct one, unfortunately.. It got ruined while applying it :/ I sometimes hate those special decals which you have to place and then press on with an object.

My 00 Qan[T] is almost finished. All I need to do is put some decals on it and build it's action base. And then I'll have to pose it :p

How are you applying the rub-on decals? What I do is I cut it out and the use tape (ordinary tape) and stick it on the part. Then I just rub it on the part. Usually I take off the part before I put it on if possible. Looking forward to the Qan[T] :D. I'm really wanting to get the 0 Gundam now. It's a perfect partner beside the RG RX 78-2.

^That's why I want to have 0 Gundam in MG 1/100 quality :p

Yeah, I apply those decals the same way you do it. Though just that one time, it decided to move while I was rubbing it :( I was so bummed out that I couldn't use the correct decal on the shield, lol. Though I was glad it came with extra decals so that I could at the least place the E.F.S.F. logo on it :p

LOL. It's alright, I've sometimes bummed a few as well. Only the really small ones which are ridiculous to put on. But yeah... I found more 0 Gundam fun. This custom is amazing.

oga.jpg

ogb.jpg

ogcc.jpg

1231.jpg

12344.jpg

0+Gundam+Completed.jpg

og22.jpg

0g33.jpg

I really wonder where he got the decals.. cause I"m now interested. :woot:

My 00 Qan[T] has similar decals to those :p The custom one looks way better then the original tbh. I just wished they'd realized a MG 1/100 version :p

My 00 Qan[T] has similar decals to those :p The custom one looks way better then the original tbh. I just wished they'd realized a MG 1/100 version :p

Well that's why I posted it. Really convinced me to get it.. when it comes in stock. lol.

That looks awesome indeed :D Though for some reason those legs look a bit weird. It's due to all the panel lines :p Never seen a Gundam with that many panels on the legs. Oh well, it's a custom mod anyways :p

Also, don't expect the 0 Gundam Mod to get in stock :p

That looks awesome indeed :D Though for some reason those legs look a bit weird. It's due to all the panel lines :p Never seen a Gundam with that many panels on the legs. Oh well, it's a custom mod anyways :p

Also, don't expect the 0 Gundam Mod to get in stock :p

Well it's back ordered now at HLJ. and my local store doesn't have it. :pinch:

Good, good, was almost thinking you thought it was possible to buy mods :p 1/144 (besides the RG version of RX-78-2) isn't fun enough for me so I'm going pass :p

Good, good, was almost thinking you thought it was possible to buy mods :p 1/144 (besides the RG version of RX-78-2) isn't fun enough for me so I'm going pass :p

well it looks good to me, and even if it's not 1/100 MG quality, the articulation of it is really good from what I've seen (Y).

^But the hands are fixed XD Also, there ain't as many parts which is why there's no fun for me in 1/144 builds. I'm strictly sticking to 1/100 MG and up.

^But the hands are fixed XD Also, there ain't as many parts which is why there's no fun for me in 1/144 builds. I'm strictly sticking to 1/100 MG and up.

lol. Fair enough. You will definitely enjoy the RG Rx-78-2. (Y). btw, post more pics man!

^Lulz, thought about doing that just now and then read your post :rofl:

These were taken when I build Force Impulse Gundam:

DSC00041.jpg

And the famous scene recreated on my desk (somewhat):

DSC00029.jpg

...Well, RX-78-2 wasn't in that scene of course :p

And the Third Generation Celestial Being Gundams:

DSC00024.jpg

I found it funny how I decided to have Dynames shooting upwards instead of in front of him, like the rest :p Oh well, I found it an awesome pose. Might change Exia and Kyrios their pose as well. Got a nice one in mind for Exia so..

I also thought about getting another 1/100 HG Kyrios and an action base as I want to have it displayed both in Fighter mode and in Robot mode.

Also, Gundam 00 Qan[T] MG 1/100 can actually be changed into Quantum Burst Mode :D