Gundam Discussion Thread

@Razorwing: Saying that Gundam Unicorn has nothing compared to 00 QAN[T] is somewhat wrong if you ask me. You do know that it's set in UC right? The story got written years ago so comparuing suits out of both Universes is somewhat wrong. Anno Domini in Gundam 00 is just more advanced.

If you'd put both universes into 1, then you'd first have Universal Century which ended and then turned into Anno Domini (Just for figure of speech tech. wise). Therefore Anno Domini is way more advanced IMO. You just can't compare both universes.

Also, Gundam Unicorn reacts on the pilot. We haven't seen Gundam Unicorn's full potential at all since they're building it all up for the last 2 episodes. You must also remember that they weren't able to spend as much time on Gundam Unicorn as they could with Gundam Exia and Gundam 00 QAN[T]. Remember where those 2 suits are based off of? That's right, 0 Gundam. What did 0 Gundam have? That's right, exactly the same as the RX-78-2 plus a GN Drive. In Gundam 00 they're years further with technology. Another example is the use of phones in their ships. There's just no way in comparing Universal Century with Anno Domini if you ask me :p

Same goes for comparing Cosmic Era with Universal Century. They're way further into colonisation and are way more advanced. Heck, they've even used nuclear powered mobile suits before they made Freedom Gundam and Justice Gundam. They've never done this in Universal Century.

All this makes Universal Century that much more appealing for me. The rawness of it and just how powerful the suits are.

That last Gunpla looks pretty rad :D

No I was comparing 00 Raiser and 00 Qan[T]. If they were going to fight each other, 00 Qan[T]will come out on top. I was comparing how weak (weapons wise) the original Unicorn (not counting Full Armored) is compared to the other lead mobile suits.I mean at least the RX78-2 had the Hammer ontop of the bazooka, 2 beam sabers and beam rifle. It seems to me that the other suits are very agile while the Unicorn is just like a tank.

That might also be because the RX-78-2 was a prototype for a mass production mobile suit. So he had all the weapons he needed in a battle. Gundam Unicorn isn't exactly made for war but made to be a key. Kinda like Stargazer Gundam had no weapons either.

It's true that Gundam Unicorn doesn't have that many weapons though he can use the ones from the Federations and Zeon which is shown in episode 4. It does show how strong it is even without the need of weapons. Look at episode 5 where he just smashes all of the other mobile suits with his hands. Gundam Unicorn is very agile as well though, look at the 1st episode where Banagher sees a glimps of Gundam Unicorn while it's being tested.

Though yeah, the other lead Gundam were well prepared with equipment for war.

^Naah, the intention for Gundam Unicorn was to be the key for the Laplace box. Hence why it has all the coordinations. Besides, they never told how far they where with developing Gundam Unicorn so they might've been still making weapons. Perhaps that's also the reason why he's still going to get the Full Armor and doesn't already have it.

Yeap, I need that Lego version as well along side the RX-78-1 Lego version, haha :p

Changed title of thread per request. :yes:

Thank You Barnes! lol.

@ Jam well they never told because the guy who developed it (Banagher's father?) is Dead. lol. Doesn't make sense when the creator of the Gundam is dead and you can make improvements.

^Lmao! XD

@Barney: Thanks! (Y) :D

@Razorwing: How does it not make sense? Amuro's father designed the RX-78-2. Yet after he had a mental breakdown the Federation was still able to improve the Gundam.

Banagher's father designed it much like Amuro's father designed the RX-78-2. It was first part of the U.C. Project of the E.F.S.F.'s reorganization plan. E.F.S.F. designed it to get rid of the Zeonism in the Earth Sphere, that's why the NT-D system is installed. Than the Vist Foundation took control of the project and made it into a key for Laplace's Box by putting in a system that senses the pilots character and what the suit is being used for.

Besides mental breakdowns. Why is that most of main Gundam characters have to be so scared? If I found a Gundam, I'd go sick! :p

And anime is definitely another way of saying "Beating around the bush" when it comes to these guys explaining things!

^What do you mean with the last bit? :p

The main characters are all young and don't want to be fighting in wars. They're afraid of being killed and what not. I guess that in reality it would be the same as shooting a gun in a game and in real life. 2 completely different things :p

They're also like that so that the viewer can see that the protagonist isn't just a person fighting in a mobile suit. But that it's a person with feelings who's trying to protect the people dear to him/her and whatnot.

I honestly would destroy a whole enemy territory without hesitation if Gundams exist. I honestly would be excited, although at the same time, it'd get to me, but piloting a Gundam is my life long dream! :p

But you have a point, even for me, I haven't been to war, don't know what death is like first hand, and not sure if I'd actually pull the trigger.

I just wish that some of these characters would just say things straight up. I mean, in Victory Gundam, this kid could of just told him that the guy who's connected to the militaire's leader is his father, but noooo, he gets turned down and on to the next seen.

They should create alternate realities like YouTube interactions or Mass Effect. lol

Haha, I'd love to pilot a Gundam as well but going to that extend I wouldn't :p Now, if Gundam would be used for other things like working in space or rescue missions I'd be all for it. Specially if they'd be used for work in space.

I guess that such things makes the viewer think about what the person might be going through. It's a huge impact fighting in a war all of a sudden I'm sure.

Lol, I honestly hope that those things never make it to anime/series/films/and whatnot, haha :p

Oh. My. God.

Do you remember those 2 Gunpla under wraps which were from Gundam Wing? Take a look at this!

aL8kW.jpg

Source: Gundam Ace (July Issue) - Preview Images

The Gundam in this picture is a Gundam (apparently Gundam Prometheus) from "New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop" and it's made by Instructor W.

Instructor W

Formerly the Gundam pilot Quatre Raberba Winner. Along with Doktor T, developed the new mobile suits Snow White, Warlock, Prometheus, and Scheherazade.Formerly the Gundam pilot Quatre Raberba Winner. Along with Doktor T, developed the new mobile suits Snow White, Warlock, Prometheus, and Scheherazade.

Source: New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop (Gundam Wiki)

It's from a new manga that started in 2010 and it's ongoing. Oh man, how did this go under my radar?! Hopefully this will turn into a new OVA as well!! :D The glimps we're getting to see of the Gundam definitely looks awesome. Hopefully it's one of those Gundam which they on display under wraps as a teaser :D

There's loads more new things on Gundam Guy's blog so I'd advice you guys to check it out. Razorwing will probably post a few of them! Some proper custom builds have been posted.

^ I told you it's gonna be a new Gundam Wing Series. lol. I want it to be an Anime instead of Manga. :p

Btw, how did I miss this?

71.jpg

Looks AMAZING. Saving the best for last I guess.

^True that. Too bad you didn't look it up otherwise we'd already have known about it, haha.

It looks alright. I've read somewhere that it's a Vagan Gundam along with this other one:

72.jpg

Can't believe you didn't post these though:

144gearazulugt9.jpg

Source: HGUC AMS-129 Geara Zulu [Guard Type] - Custom Build

IMGP9026.jpg

Another awesome mobile suit fron Universal Century. The guy did an awesome paint job, adding details and whatnot. They make 1/144 builds look like MG or even PG builds.

Source: MG 1/100 RMS-108 Marasai - Painted Build by NAOKI

image14.jpg

Loving the weathering effect on this one. It looks really great.

Source: HGUC RX-93 Hi-Nu Gundam - Custom Build

Pretty nice custom builds to be honest. Though the blue which he used is a bit too saturated.

11486.jpg

Source: HGUC MSN-06S Sinanju - Painted Build

Normally I'm not a fan of shiny paint on Gunpla but that guy did an awesome job with the Sinanju.

Edit: I might as well add this RC model to the list

gundam-century-for-starcraft-mod2-665x559.jpg

Source: RC 1/100 Nightingale By Hide1234

Regulation Center makes some pretty great models. These are the type of models you have to paint yourself. Take a look on their website for some other great looking models, like the Freedom Gundam (v2.0): Regulation Center

Ew, not liking the colours of that one at all. They ruined that Marasai for sure :/

It's a different take. I kinda like it.

Btw : just saw the latest episode of AGE. Can't wait ill next week for the

Darkhound

Anybody have an idea of what Origin is about? Are they bring back the series in a different way? Or is it just listed as manga?

It's an adaptation of the "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin" manga. It's somewhat a different story than the first series but with the same characters. Though the manga "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin" is an adaptation of the series, haha.

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (Kidou Senshi Gundam The Origin, ???????? The Origin) is a manga written and illustrated by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, published in Gundam Ace between 2002 and 2011 and is the second, broader manga adaptation of the original Mobile Suit Gundam TV series, which follows the same storyline, but with different details.
The plot of the manga follows somewhat closely the plot of the original series. It is the year Universal Century 0079, and the eighth month of the vicious One Year War between the Earth Federation and a breakaway nation of space colonists, the Principality of Zeon. The story follows the crew of the ship White Base, as they fight to ferry the experimental RX-78-02 Gundam mobile suit to the Federation base at Jaburo.

Source: Gundam Wiki

Hopefully it'll be a series and each chapter will be an episode. I'm also hoping that they'll make it the same way they've made Gundam Unicorn. Same sounds for beam rifles and whatnot and a proper OST. The original series had a nice OST but it's dated of course. Gundam Unicorn is a great example of how a new anime set in Universal Century should be made right now years after the original series.

I was guessing that'd it be like either a documentation, different perspective, or just containing broader details to the story line. I really like it when Gundam goes through bigger details.

I'd be very fond of seeing MSG at the same quality as Unicorn. I still wish the style of Lt.Quattro existed throughout all 3 seasons, he's the most bad ass of Char.

It's probably going to be a more serious indepth series. I don't want to read the manga though as I don't want to spoil the upcoming anime of it. I'm sure that it wont be a documentation since they've never done that :p Imagine seeing the RX-78-2 in the style of Gundam Unicorn and the White Base as well. I'm going to be in awe when I see it.

Also, you must know the reason why Char had a somewhat different personality throughout his covers. He's been the same each time only his motives where different. Though yeah, I like his Quattro Bajeena personality the best as well. I saw some of that personality in Full Frontal in the 5th episode of Gundam Unicorn.

lol I still think the Arcangel from Seed is the most bad ass version of the White Base! :D

Makes me wish I could go back in the 70s wearing that style while rollerskating.

Haha, I'd much rather have the Argama or the Ra Cailum :D