Gundam Discussion Thread

I much rather have the Sinanju Stein, which is the actual prototype of the Sinanju. Though that looks damn awesome as well!

no clue. Haven't really followed the re-released Seed. I just watched the final episode of AGE. It felt really rushed imo. I really hope there is a second season.

Whenever the creators of Gundam releases a season finale. They should make them hour specials.

kinda like the 00 movie, that could have been an entire season in itself

@Razorwing: How can there be a second season? I hope not to be honest. I read that others found it rushed as well but it was to be expected IMO.

I hope that they're going to work on either a new series with less childish characters and more details in everything or work on Gundam: The Origin. If you compare old Gundam series to Gundam AGE you'll see that they dumped everything down which is a shame to be honest. I hope that the next series will be a bit more mature like the UC series.

I hope that they're going to work on either a new series with less childish characters and more details in everything or work on Gundam: The Origin. If you compare old Gundam series to Gundam AGE you'll see that they dumped everything down which is a shame to be honest. I hope that the next series will be a bit more mature like the UC series.

I think 00's one of the few that were really on point. What they really need to do is bring out an English version of ZZ Gundam. :)

What do you mean with on point? ZZ is an alright series but don't expect it to be of the same quality as Zeta Gundam. Which might as well be the reason why there's not an English version of it. The Japanese version is great on it's own anyways.

The story, the acting, so much about 00 was amazing to me. 00 has a lot of action built in unlike Seed where the same attack was repeated on video.

True, though the 1st season was probably still the best though the art and whatnot in the 2nd season was way better than in the 1st season. Nothing beats Zeta Gundam in my book though :p It's a proper Gundam series with great character development, great/strong characters, great art, great animation, great fights. And the most important of all; a great story.

True, though the 1st season was probably still the best though the art and whatnot in the 2nd season was way better than in the 1st season. Nothing beats Zeta Gundam in my book though :p It's a proper Gundam series with great character development, great/strong characters, great art, great animation, great fights. And the most important of all; a great story.

I definitely feel you there. :D I plan on watching Zeta all over again. I'm in love with the intro song. :)

^The whole OST is pretty awesome. If you want to rewatch it, and haven't seen it, you might want to rewatch it be watching "A New Translation". It has a alternative ending which made fans more happy about the series. There are also other things that they've altered and added. And the new scenes that they've added are gorgeous and I really hope it's the style that they'll be using for Gundam: The Origin. It's kind of the same style as Gundam Unicorn, but not exactly the same. It still has that "Zeta" feel to it.

"A New Translation" also comes with new OP and ED songs which all fit the titles of the 3 movies.

I heard about the alternation since I watched Zeta on the Anime channel. I didn't actually know about the movies unless mentioned in the list of Gundam series on Wiki. Actually, I think i did, but it was a side story to the first Gundam Series before the Titans existed. Yea! I think that's it!

^What? "A New Translation" is just a retelling of the original Zeta series which are split up into 3 movies. It has nothing to do with the first series. I also have no idea what list and what sidestory you are talking about :p

The original series have been condenced into 3 movies as well in which they altered a few things. Tomino made the Gundam RX-78-2 look less like a super robot like he inteded to do with the original series. Hayato was also given a new different kind of Guntank in the Jaburo base. There have also been other alterations.

lol my goodness, I might have to try to connect my own dots more often, I know I'm sounding confusing. I realized I was basing this based on before Zeta actually. :p