Gundam Discussion Thread

You're asking what now? :p The whole series is set in Universal Century. Why ask yourself which characters are from that timeline when they actually live in it.

You're asking what now? :p The whole series is set in Universal Century. Why ask yourself which characters are from that timeline when they actually live in it.

lol no! What I mean is how many characters from the movie are actually from the shows, MSG, Zeta, and ZZ! And I hear that there was a clone easter egg of Angelo Sauper. :p

Lol, alright. Well there's several from the series. Full Frontal is (sort of) a clone of Char though even. Odd that Angelo Sauper has one though because there's no info about it. I guess we'll see :p

Lol, alright. Well there's several from the series. Full Frontal is (sort of) a clone of Char though even. Odd that Angelo Sauper has one though because there's no info about it. I guess we'll see :p

Plot twist: The Quattro comes to defeat Frontal. :p

Apparently the rumor of the easter egg was in ZZ! :D

tumblr_max3lnJTKm1r0qp2ao1_500.jpg

When you watch Episode 6, we might have to re-discuss the whole clone issue about Char. Something bugs me. But hey, I suppose Cyber Newtypes do gain memories of the original. :p

^Which song? :p

They changed stuff in the anime adaption so it's bound to be different. Though he's still some sort of clone because Char Aznable died in Char's Counterattack. That also means Quattro is not able to appear as a plot twist because Char is Quattro.

And I'm sure that's just a coincidence. The only similarity is his hear. It would be odd of Angelo had a clone because Full Frontal found him in the city of Globe in Side 3. There's not really any reason for there to be a clone of Angelo because he's not that significant only that he's Frontal's right hand. So I'm sure it's just some rumor though up by some fans :p

The latest episode of Gundam Unicorn was, in one word, AMAZING! That's all I'm going to say without giving away any spoiler.

The latest episode of Gundam Unicorn was, in one word, AMAZING! That's all I'm going to say without giving away any spoiler.

Man, that ending...What a tease. I wanted more. Really not enough Unicorn battles in the episode though. Love how the design of the 'main boosters' of Gundams represents 'Wings of Light' now.

Speaking of Wings of Light, have you guys seen the Real Grade Destiny? It looks pretty nice actually. I already have the Extreme Blast mode.. so I might not really want to get it.

Well, that's because they needed a lot of story in this one and they needed a setup for the next episode. We've been through this before though, you want more fights and then I reply with that Gundam is as much about the fights as it is about the stories. There was no real reason for a fight with the Unicorn Gundam in this episode though.

And what do you mean with those boosters? The boosters are only there on the Unicorn Gundam and Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee to be able to travel through space much faster. Sinanju has them as well. It's something completely else than what you see on the Destiny Gundam. On the Destiny Gundam the boosters are on the wing to make it look like an angel or something like that. It's on the wings for aesthetic reasons. The boosters on the Unicorn Gundam etc aren't there for aesthetic reasons, they're just there for it's function.

And yeah, that one does look pretty nice :)

I guess you could compare the light from the psycho frame, like what happened with the "Axis Shock" in "Char's Counterattack" could be compared with "Wings of Light" from Destiny Gundam. The boosters really are just boosters and all Mobile Suits used them in UC if they needed to travel through space really fast. The "Axis Shock" on the other hand, happens when the souls of passed away souls gather via the psycho-frame and converts into kinetic energy (as said by Full Frontal). It happened with the RX-93 Nu Gundam and will happen again with Unicorn Gundam in episode 7.

Razorwing, didn't you want the MG 1/100 version of the Gundam AGE-2 Double Bullet? It's going to be released soon apparently: GG INFINITE: MARCH SALE ITEMS! [updated 3/21/2013]. They're taking pre-orders right now. I bet they decided to make it because of the new anime that's going to be released.

111.jpg

222.jpg

I never liked the AGE-3 and other Gundams with Core Fighters, plus the AGE FX and it's burst mode. But of course, this is for the younger generation. AGE-2 all the way.

I like the original AGE-2 better when it's transformers.

Yeah, but Gundam mode is the best looking :D

As far as transformables, it will always be either the Hyaku Shikis and Allelujah's Gundams that are the best to rock Fighter modes. ;)

The Hyaku Shiki doesn't transform though. I bet you're talking about Delta Gundam which actually does transform. The story goes that the Delta Gundam's transformation was too taxing it it's frame, so they developed it into Hyaku Shiki. I love Zeta Gundam's transformed mode the best.

@Razorwing: Well, they the made the Armed Armor DE (that new shield both Banshee and Unicorn have) only for the anime so they might've thought about "Wings of Light" while designing it. The Armed Armor DE wasn't in the manga so originally there's nothing like "Wings of Light" in UC. It's a nice touch for sure though. Imagine Unicorn Gundam's Psycho frame radiating with the Armed Armor DE the way it did in episode 5, or perhaps more like how Amuro's RX-93 Nu Gundam's Psycho frame radiated light at the end of Episode 7. Could be pretty awesome and I bet that will actually happen :p

The Hyaku Shiki doesn't transform though. I bet you're talking about Delta Gundam which actually does transform. The story goes that the Delta Gundam's transformation was too taxing it it's frame, so they developed it into Hyaku Shiki. I love Zeta Gundam's transformed mode the best.

@Razorwing: Well, they the made the Armed Armor DE (that new shield both Banshee and Unicorn have) only for the anime so they might've thought about "Wings of Light" while designing it. The Armed Armor DE wasn't in the manga so originally there's nothing like "Wings of Light" in UC. It's a nice touch for sure though. Imagine Unicorn Gundam's Psycho frame radiating with the Armed Armor DE the way it did in episode 5, or perhaps more like how Amuro's RX-93 Nu Gundam's Psycho frame radiated light at the end of Episode 7. Could be pretty awesome and I bet that will actually happen :p

Yes, that's the name! :p Of course, I'm looking toward the Delta destroyed by the Banshee, and then there's the mass production models as seen at the ship of the General Revil's.

It wasn't Delta Gundam that was being destroyed by Banshee, that was Delta Plus which isn't a Gundam. Delta Gundam never made it into the series and only existed in Gundam Zeta for the story. It has never seen action besides being in a game.

My God, but it sexually looks like a Gundam. :/ Although the model number bumped to A1, I've been looking for structural differences in what causes the ability/inability to transform in these delta experiments.