gundam

1997 replies to this topic

#1516 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

Shine bright like Iron Man.

• 2,679 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:30

Anyone know any updates about Origin and the Seed movie?

#1517 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 22 December 2012 - 18:07

In the March 2008 issue of Animage magazine, Chiaki Morosawa explained that a plot outline had been created but she had fallen ill due to cancer and required continuous treatment. The project has been placed on indefinite hiatus, with Morosawa asking that fans please continue to wait. So yeah, there's nothing new regarding that project.

Same thing goes for Origin, there's no news about it other than the things that have already been posted here.

Though there's been loads of news in the Gunpla world ever since this thread got quiet. Lots of MG 1/100 Gunpla is going to be released next year and many of those are UC Gunpla (A HUGE PLUS!). Among those Gunpla is even a MG 1/100 Sinanju Stein which I'd LOVE to get.

Though I'm first planning on getting all the UC Gundam from Amuro, Kamille and Banagher Link their time. I already have the RX-78-2 and the Zeta Gundam. The following ones will be the RX-178 Gundam Mk-II, RX-93 Nu Gundam Ver. Ka, Hiyaku Shiki, ZZ Gundam, Unicorn Gundam and a Rick Dias.

I wanted to have a shelve dedicated for only UC "Titan" (the ones that had lots of meaning in their respective series) Gunpla.

#1518 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• 15,500 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:46

Yeah how did your build go? For the Zeta? You've still have to post those pics! lol. I on the other hand.. just don't have anything to build. But if I was I was going to go build the MG AGE-2 Double Bullet.. whenever they are going to release it. I'm not giving my hopes up yet.

#1519 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:48

^The only picture I took while building it is the one that I showed. It turned out pretty awesome though but the decal on the chest is a bit messed up. I touched it too many times while trying to find a proper pose for the Gunpla, which made parts of the decal disappear onto my thumb :p It was pretty hard to find a proper pose for the Zeta Gundam. Though it's now standing next to my RX-78-2 as if they're seeing something horrific happening while having their beam sabers ready to go into battle.

I'll take a photo of it when there's more daylight in my room.

#1520 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• 15,500 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 00:23

Well Merry Christmas Guys!

Posted Image

Sinanju Stien looks pretty awesome
Posted Image

#1521 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:31

^True that! Can't wait to see it with panel lining though. I know it's a prototype unit so it's supposed to look pale like that. But panel lining would make it look even more awesome IMO.

#1522 OP Razorwing

Razorwing

Who You Gonna Call?

• 15,500 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 21:17

This thing looks awesome

Posted Image

http://gundamguy.blo...painted_26.html

Posted Image
Posted Image

#1523 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:03

And this is why this thread is reduntant: Only reposting stuff from the Gundam Guy blog and not actually discussing things.

#1524 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

• 2,679 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:18

I hope they illness is eased, they've done an amazing job and I wish they could continue producing so many ideas that I'd love to explore, especially in the U.C timeline, although Unicorn is doing amazing on that part.

Kinda want that PG 1/60 Gundam Astray LV, it's so gorgeous, only because of the color ways, forget LV itself. I honestly adore the Banshee than the Unicorn. I might work with building my own Gundams once I move out!

#1525 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:38

^The UC timeline is the one that I find the most interesting as well. If they make new stories set in UC than I hope they're not going to follow Gundam Thunderbolt's bloated weapons. They should also have the same character style and whatnot as the ones before Victory Gundam. Victory Gundam almost looks as if it's said in a different timeline unfortunately.

Though Tomino new project "G-Reko" is said to be set 1000 years in the future of UC Timeline.

#1526 Lamp0

Lamp0

Neowinian Senior

• 2,827 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 13:59

This is very bizarre to me.

#1527 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 19:20

Euhm, okay? Thanks for posting here? Moving on...

#1528 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

• 2,679 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:18

^The UC timeline is the one that I find the most interesting as well. If they make new stories set in UC than I hope they're not going to follow Gundam Thunderbolt's bloated weapons. They should also have the same character style and whatnot as the ones before Victory Gundam. Victory Gundam almost looks as if it's said in a different timeline unfortunately.

Though Tomino new project "G-Reko" is said to be set 1000 years in the future of UC Timeline.

I just hope they don't move on to a new Gundam where it'll be of 3 segments like Double Zeta. I prefer a little more Delta Gundam and 00. But that's just me, I prefer exotics mobile suits with futuristic features that have something to do with Quantum. But that's obviously 1/3 or 1/4 of Gundam's tradition.

#1529 Jeroen S.

Jeroen S.

Neowinian Vigilante

• 6,524 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:38

Delta Gundam hasn't been in any of the UC series though, only Delta Plus and Zeta Gundam, which is based off of the Delta Gundam. I rather have them making a series set after Gundam Unicorn because the mobile suits from that UC year are awesome. Though if they'd do that, then they might as well make an adoption of Crossbone Gundam which could actually be pretty awesome.

Also, don't even put Gundam 00 and anything from UC in the same sentence, haha :p Gundam 00's story was great until they added aliens. I mean, it worked great for the movie and I still like the movie a lot. But looking back at what Gundam really is, they never should've added aliens to the Gundam 00 story IMO.

#1530 Mr.XXIV

Mr.XXIV

• 2,679 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:42

Delta Gundam hasn't been in any of the UC series though, only Delta Plus and Zeta Gundam, which is based off of the Delta Gundam. I rather have them making a series set after Gundam Unicorn because the mobile suits from that UC year are awesome. Though if they'd do that, then they might as well make an adoption of Crossbone Gundam which could actually be pretty awesome.

Also, don't even put Gundam 00 and anything from UC in the same sentence, haha :p

I mean the Hyaku Shiki. :p

Oh come on, you know how gorgeous the 00 is. :D But yea, I do have to respect the way UC is, from the very first season, there's nothing that can really compare to that legacy. :)

Crossbone, Crossbone, I don't know why, but Gundam X pops up in my head when I have a feel of similar looks. The mass produced I mean. I know it's an alternate universe, but something hit me. :/