Gundam Discussion Thread

NICE! I spy a Virtue poster in your bg right? :laugh: You should panel line your Gundams.. makes them look much better imo.

I'm afraid that I'll ruin them :p I'll first have to buy a copy of one of the Gundam's that I already have, and try to panel line that one.

And yes, it's a cut-out of the Gunpla box :p I had 2 boxes anyway so I thought that I might as well use one on my walls :p I'll probably do the same to the other boxes at some point.

I'm afraid that I'll ruin them :p I'll first have to buy a copy of one of the Gundam's that I already have, and try to panel line that one.

And yes, it's a cut-out of the Gunpla box :p I had 2 boxes anyway so I thought that I might as well use one on my walls :p I'll probably do the same to the other boxes at some point.

it's not that hard lol. I just use one of those markers to do mine. Well I've only done one.. the HG 1/100 Exia.

^I could possibly try it out on my Nadleeh as I got that one twice already :p If I fail, I can hide it behind Virtue's plating XD

It might not be hard, but there are also other factors playing behind the scene; like being too much of a perfectionist :rofl: If I see only a tiny bit of a flaw in 1 line, I'm already bummed out and it would never leave my mind when I look at the model :p

Like the panel lines on the left arm in this shot:

RX78-2VerEd008.jpg

I'd be tortured if I looked at it if it would be mine, LOL! I know, it's lame and it annoys the heck out of me :p

Though, the more I look at that suit, the more I want to have a Gunpla version of it :p RG 1/60 would be preferred :woot:

In other news, there's going to be a MG 1/100 Epyon based off of the Epyon that can be seen in the new Gundam Ace Wing manga, a MG 1/100 Gundam 00 Raiser, RG Aile Strike and a HG Dressen from UC (unfortunately not a MG as it's an awesome suit.)

I'll be getting the Epyon and the Gundam 00 Raiser for sure :D The latter even has the GN Condenser as seen in A wakening of the Trailblazer. I'm probably going set it up with those once I get my hands on it :p

Images of the mouldings can be found here: Tomopop.

@ Capricorn : well I don't mean to that extent of panel lining. You can just do a little and it looks good. But yeah, MG 00 Gundam Raiser? I think I'll need to get that! It's the one I"ve been waiting for that's not HG. But what's Epyon when you don't have the EW Wing Zero Custom?! That is probably the most well known Gundam next to the RX-78. Comeon, a Gundam with Angel Wings. :laugh: probaby the 'Grandpa'/Elder to the Freedom and Aile Strike.

@ njlouch : It really depends on what you like. I can't decide that for you. But if you are a beginner, you can always go for any HG (High Grade) 1/100. They are bound cheaper than MG (Master Grades) and are fairly easy to build. Of course it won't be as advanced as MG but you get the jist of building a gundam. There are differences though between HG and MG. Mostly is about the skeleton. In a MG kit, you actually build out the skeleton and you know how the gundam articulates and then you can put the other armor on. (This also goes for the new 'Real Grade' (but it's a 1/144 and it's simply a smaller version of an MG kit). So far there are 2 released kits for the RG. The RX-78-2 and the MS-06S Zaku II.)

You see, IF I do panel lines, I'd do all the lines that need panel lining, lol :p

@njlouch: What Razorwing said :p

My god.. I just went insane when I removed the plastic from 00 Qan[T]'s press-on decal. The Celestial Being logo looks FRIKKING awesome on the shield :woot:

My god.. I just went insane when I removed the plastic from 00 Qan[T]'s press-on decal. The Celestial Being logo looks FRIKKING awesome on the shield :woot:

get some pics! :laugh:

This MG Deathscythe looks amazing! Really looking forward to getting the EW Deathscythe!

02.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

*edit since those imgs didn't work, here is the link http://zgmfxg.web.fc2.com/MG/WING/DEATHSCYTHE/1/DEATHSCYTHE_1.html

Once I'm done I will :p Also, I'm going have to order a 2nd 00 Qan[T] as something from his chest just broke off :/

Then MG Deathscythe looks really awesome :D Don't count on an EW version though :p They are however releasing Shenlong ver. Ka.

Once I'm done I will :p Also, I'm going have to order a 2nd 00 Qan[T] as something from his chest just broke off :/

hmmm.. can I have the rest of the kit? If you just want the chest? What exactly broke off?

A keypart of the chest:

capture.png

This has taught me to actually use a different way of doing these decals. I've thought about doing it this new way ever since I started doing Gunpla modelling but never actually used it. From now on I'm going to do these press-on decals the second I have to put a piece onto the MS which actually needs a press-on decal. This way I do not need to remove such small parts plus I can do everything in 1 run.

A keypart of the chest:

capture.png

This has taught me to actually use a different way of doing these decals. I've thought about doing it this new way ever since I started doing Gunpla modelling but never actually used it. From now on I'm going to do these press-on decals the second I have to put a piece onto the MS which actually needs a press-on decal. This way I do not need to remove such small parts plus I can do everything in 1 run.

Interesting lol. Why did you need to take that part off? Is it because of the sticker in the chest piece?

Well, there's a CB logo which needs to place on that white part, which is actually a press-on decal. The actual chest piece with the GN drive in it, has a decal as well. But the booklet actually tells you to apply it while you're putting the pieces together, which is understandable for that decal as it's placed behind a green piece of plastic.

Well, there's a CB logo which needs to place on that white part, which is actually a press-on decal. The actual chest piece with the GN drive in it, has a decal as well. But the booklet actually tells you to apply it while you're putting the pieces together, which is understandable for that decal as it's placed behind a green piece of plastic.

ah I see! So I"m looking at some Reviews. Apparently in Quantam mode, the center piece does not move out. That kinda sucks.

Yeah, I discovered that last week too when I saw the Quantum Mode in a screenshot. It would've been hard anyways as there's no room for those yellow pointy things in the current skeleton :p

Also, the action-base that comes with 00 Qan[T] is actually only for it's weapon. Was hoping to set it up like this:

capture.png

It's possible with the other action bases I got, thought that would make me have to use either Force Impulse's or Gundam RX-78-2's action base.

also another warning for you, the shield bits are really fragile so be careful taking them off from the reviews I"ve seen. How is the balancing issues? Always slanting to the left? :laugh:

I'm going to leave the shield bits attached to the shield as I discovered that they were weak while working with them :p And yeah, it's indeed leaning to the left. But I had already expected that when I bought it.

Thinking about using RX-78-2's action base and putting him next to RX-79[G]. Should I do it? :ninja:

I'm going to leave the shield bits attached to the shield as I discovered that they were weak while working with them :p And yeah, it's indeed leaning to the left. But I had already expected that when I bought it.

Thinking about using RX-78-2's action base and putting him next to RX-79[G]. Should I do it? :ninja:

Well you can always change them up. I don't see why not ;)

But I like RX-78-2's current pose :p Oh well, I'll put him in his signature pose once he's off of the actionbase :p

Edit: While taking him off, I totally forgot that RX-78-2 actually has toes :rofl: And I guess I'll put his corefighter in place while taking him off of the actionbase as well :p

Edit 2: Can't believe the actionbase actually doesn't fit :/

But I like RX-78-2's current pose :p Oh well, I'll put him in his signature pose once he's off of the actionbase :p

Edit: While taking him off, I totally forgot that RX-78-2 actually has toes :rofl: And I guess I'll put his corefighter in place while taking him off of the actionbase as well :p

Edit 2: Can't believe the actionbase actually doesn't fit :/

the QanT doesn't fit the action base?

Nope, his crotch is too thick :rofl: :/

I'll pose him with his GN Sword out.

:laugh: you sure you are using the right attach-thingy?

Presenting ....

Impulse Destiny Custom HG 1/100 :D

959086101.JPG

894537925.JPG

846736277.JPG

Well this is my only Panel lined gundam.. the Exia. It really looks good :D

409266941.JPG

809048311.JPG