Avatar was my plan to stop piracy

Okay, to be honest, you can basically base every movie off of another movie(s).

If you think that, then you haven't seen a lot of movies, or your knowledge of cinema is lacking. By reading your comment, I am suspecting you haven't seen anything outside of Hollywood's realm.

Why go to a cinema knowing that my CRT TV has better resolution and the sound doesn't have to be loud to hear it?.

Say WHAT????

ditto!

I mean, sorry but there's absolutely nothing original about this film. This story is a regurgitated version of Pocahontas at best.

mediahttp9gagcomphotdab.jpg

I always get a chuckle out of that! So true. Although Floating Fat Man disagrees with me about it, the David Lynch version of Dune is a close match as well.

Personally, I think they'd "lose" less to piracy if they released to DVD etc quicker than they currently do. I can't STAND going to the cinema to see a movie. Uncomfortable, too damned loud, massively overpriced, can't pause it for a pee, and you're surround by noisy <bleep>holes who won't shut the hell up.

I've always felt they should release the DVD at the same time they release the movie. When I go and see a good movie I would go buy it immediately if it were out. Months later, who knows, it might not interest me as much.