StickyNotes for Windows - Beta 9.3

Screenshot of upcoming the StickyNotes Beta:

866581056.png

This includes the Options UI (Which is likely to change).

Just to let you know this isn't the final UI.

It's only been three hours, you know :/

I'd try it if it was portable.

I could send you the files (It wouldn't install anything - it just isn't a single .EXE)

I don't think I'm alone - would you mind posting the files as a zip for everyone? If I'm not mistaken, you just need to take the bin\Release folder instead of publishing the app.

When I first install and launch the program, it gives me an error. I attached the details to a text file.

I can click Continue, but the first thing I notice is right-clicking does nothing. If I click + to create a new sticky, then that one works fine and I can close the old one.

error.txt

I don't think I'm alone - would you mind posting the files as a zip for everyone? If I'm not mistaken, you just need to take the bin\Release folder instead of publishing the app.

Will do :)

Yay! Thanks! :)

Great replacement to the built-in Windows one.

The "Font" menu item doesn't work - is this expected behavior?

It's impossible to style text with two different styles (e.g. bold & underlines). Is that possible to implement? (using WPF that'd take seconds, but I have no idea about the WinForms richtextbox)

Yay! Thanks! :)

Great replacement to the built-in Windows one.

The "Font" menu item doesn't work - is this expected behavior?

It's impossible to style text with two different styles (e.g. bold & underlines). Is that possible to implement? (using WPF that'd take seconds, but I have no idea about the WinForms richtextbox)

Fixed - thanks for reporting!

Looks good man.

Under Customer Colors there is an empty value, clicking that brings up an error.

Clicking "Font" under the more menu does nothing, also there is nothing displaying in the options.

If the Options are open, and you select to open options again, it stretches out your note form then re-opens the options, not a big issue, but maybe could have the app know if options are open or not.

Looks good man.

1. Under Customer Colors there is an empty value, clicking that brings up an error.

2. Clicking "Font" under the more menu does nothing, also there is nothing displaying in the options.

3. If the Options are open, and you select to open options again, it stretches out your note form then re-opens the options, not a big issue, but maybe could have the app know if options are open or not.

1. That shouldn't be visible unless you've selected a custom colour already.

2. Fixed & there are no options at the current moment.

3. Fixed.

StickyNotes Beta 2.5: Download

This is portable - I think i'll make all the betas portable and then the final installable and portable.

NEW

You can now change the font of the title and the text.

Bug fixes

Speed improvements

Moved a few options around

So what do you guys think of StickyNotes? How and where do you use it? What do you want added to StickyNotes?

The submenus are a bit too deep. IMHO the example to follow is Word 2010's context menu: Small, efficient and good-looking

329id.png

I don't know if that's possible to implement though (I know a way, but using WPF, not WinForms)

By the way, the Color menu belongs to the border's context menu and not the textbox's (IMHO)

I know that's nitpicking, but there's a little blue left on the left and right sides of the stickynote border when changing colors:

CROiT.png

But don't get me wrong - it is a great replacement to the Windows sticky notes.

PS: I think you just broke the multi-post record. :whistle:

The submenus are a bit too deep. IMHO the example to follow is Word 2010's context menu: Small, efficient and good-looking

329id.png

I don't know if that's possible to implement though (I know a way, but using WPF, not WinForms)

By the way, the Color menu belongs to the border's context menu and not the textbox's (IMHO)

I know that's nitpicking, but there's a little blue left on the left and right sides of the stickynote border when changing colors:

CROiT.png

But don't get me wrong - it is a great replacement to the Windows sticky notes.

PS: I think you just broke the multi-post record. :whistle:

TECHNICALLY he could just use a panel and pop all the options into it, and make the panel appear/hide. As simple as

show the panel

pnlMenu.visible = true

pnlMenu.Top = 0

textBox1.Top += 20

textBox1.Height -=20

hide the panel

pnlMenu.visible = false

textBox1.Top = 0

textBox1.Height += 20

OR

Just have that panel appear beside the mouse on a click, and then hide after focus is given back to the text box.

All my programming skill really is with winForms. Jan, I know you tend to ignore/avoid posts of people offering help... but we are trying to help you make your program even more awesome than it already is.

You have a solid program and noone is trying to take the from you. So if there is something you are unsure of, or something you can't figure out.. there are people willing to help you.

From what I see most bugs are hammered out. I personally have no use for the program as a daily thing (Pen and Paper still works for me), but I will help you in whatever way I can for finding bugs, offering code help/suggestions, whatever.

I've been thinking of adding something like what Office 2010 has, the blue bits on the side is just a bug - I may fix it soon as it's not as serious as other things.

I try to read all replies and I'll definitely need help in the future (1.0+) - so hopefully you'll still be here then. Hopefully I can think of a killer feature to make you move from the tree killer pen and paper :rofl: