official rpg pokemon game freak

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#16 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 09 April 2010 - 15:21

Yeah, the tv show & games are released in generations, which is set chronologically & with time inbetween. They introduce new breeds of Pokémon with each generation.

Generation 1: Red, green (blue) & yellow.
Generation 2: Gold, silver & crystal
Generation 3: Ruby, sapphire & emerald
Generation 4: Diamond, pearl & platinum

White & black obviously the start of a new generation (5).

#17 Minifig

Minifig

Kun Det Bedste Er Godt Nok!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 16:05

I think you're right Munky.

#18 Angel Blue01

Angel Blue01

Neowinian/Star Wars freak

Posted 09 April 2010 - 16:12

I really loved the Pokémon games when I was younger and I know I would still love them, but I'd find it really hard to play them nowadays because I'm out of the loop as to the names of Pokémon and just everything about Pokémon nowadays. I remember the first 150 and some from the Gold and Silver games, so I guess I'd feel lost if I picked up one of the newer games :/

Watching the TV show around the same time as playing the games really did help. Do they still have a TV show which includes all of the latest Pokémon, lining up with the Pokémon contained in the games?

That's pretty much my experience as well.

#19 Minifig

Minifig

Kun Det Bedste Er Godt Nok!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 16:50

I really loved the Pokémon games when I was younger and I know I would still love them, but I'd find it really hard to play them nowadays because I'm out of the loop as to the names of Pokémon and just everything about Pokémon nowadays. I remember the first 150 and some from the Gold and Silver games, so I guess I'd feel lost if I picked up one of the newer games :/

I hadn't picked up a game since yellow or red, and I bought HeartGold amigo, and it's like riding a bike, you never forget.. HeartGold / SoulSilver is AMAZING.

And it contains all the previous pokemon in the games before it.

#20 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• Phone: Samsung

Posted 09 April 2010 - 16:53

last one I played was Red so its come a long way since then!

#21 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:03

That's pretty much my experience as well.

The core gameplay hasn't changed. It's still the same catch + battle + evolve.

They introduced things like breeding pokemon & how you can play with friends, but afaik you don't actually need to do any of that to finish the game. I never did when I played Yellow.

#22 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:06

I just hope it receives a good facelift for once. Yeah yeah don't break what doesn't need fixing, but Pokemon has been stale as hell for me for about the last 3000 iterations.

#23 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:19

Nah I think the whole fan base is really beginning to feel like that, even in the reviews this time around they have been far less forgiving.

It's only made worse when they go back & release these games. It's a different matter when you actually remake a game & release it on new hardware. There's not much to differ between Blue/Red and FireRed etc.

#24 Sky Black

Sky Black

>.<

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:31

I was disapointed that they stopped transfering pokemon (between generation 1/2 and 3+) however god me a free GBA from my bro and decided to try out Emerald/Fire Red...don't own a DS but I keep getting tempted to aquire Platinum and Heart Gold for old times sake...only downside is if I get the DSi-XL i'll not have the gba cart interface. Getting a DS Lite (If I'm getting a DS of any kind its gotta be black...im obsessed) seems redundant as i'll miss out on some of the updated ds features and connectivity. Pokemon Black/White...well obviously black...are tempting me more so now >.< especialy as they'll be DS based not DS-3D.

#25 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:34

Wait they are making a separate version for Black and White people?

#26 vip

vip

Neowin's Winnaer!!!1!!1

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:36

FFFFF, i'm still on platinum :l

#27 hotdog963al

hotdog963al

Meow

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:39

*Changes underwear*

Everyone always complains when games change, think Final Fantasy, everyone overlooks how every Pokémon game that comes out remains true, I don't feel ashamed to say I prefer the later ones because they are the same at heart! :)

#28 OP murkurie

murkurie

Neowinian

Posted 09 April 2010 - 17:46

Wait they are making a separate version for Black and White people?

I wondering how long it would take for a comment like this. Most likely they will change the name to Light and Dark for World Wide release. There was some megaman game that had black and white in the name and it was changed to white and blue for every where except japan

#29 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 09 April 2010 - 18:01

I hope they don't, you gotta draw a line with censorship & just tell people to stfu when they try making mountains out of mole hills.

Nobody batted an eye lid at Red or Yellow which you could easily turn into a racial insult.

#30 vetCorris

Corris

Hobnob King

Posted 09 April 2010 - 18:20

Awesome cool.
I would love for a world wide release for once.

I personally will be picking up the black one when it arrives, atleast just going on the two colours.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!