[Win7] Jumplist Extender - Add jumplists to any program! (RELEASE 0.4)

Excuse me for the quadruple post: If anyone has tried to overwrite an existing jump list with their own custom one, can you please tell me the app you were customizing, and whether or not your custom jump list worked? It would help greatly so I can determine how to lock jump lists. Some programs behave way differently, here.

Known failed cases:

* Google Chrome 4.1 (does 12.0 have a jump list?)

* foobar2000 with Win7 Shell Integration

* Windows Live Mail 10?

* Opera 11

Known working cases:

* IE9

* Firefox 4

* Windows Live Mail 11

Hi,

I installed and tested the v0.3-B with no problem whatsoever (Win7 x64), the thing is... I tend to ALSO use the recent file history already featured in the jump lists. As I see, it is a known issue of your program : do you think it will be possible to combine both aspects (like part tasks and shortcuts, part recent history) in a future release, or is it not possible at all ?

(To retrieve my history, I simply unpinned and pinned again the programs, and the lists reappeared)

Thanks anyway, and good work ! It's a great utility script.

---

Ooops, I've just seen that you no longer work on this... Too bad !

Jumplist Extender v0.4 is released!

Download v0.4 (1.6 MB)

Version 0.4 is a MINOR BUG FIX release.

FIXED:

• Command line tasks and EXE shortcuts were being executed with the wrong working directory.
  • Jumplist Packs could not be imported because the "AppData\...\Icons\Imported" folder was missing.

ADDED:

• Keystrokes can now be sent to minimized/background windows without activating them.

KNOWN ISSUES:

@toweleeie: Yes, it's possible to combine custom jump lists and recent histories -- I just haven't implemented them. Look forward to a release in the future! Also, you can delete the jump lists under the "Open a previous jump list" window in order to get your recent history back.

• 3 weeks later...

DigiMarco! This is a fantastic idea!

Is there any way it could be used to fix the Windows 7 Explorer Frequent/Recent bug outlined here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/e38c2625-e676-49aa-9231-35b6ea78888f

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproui/thread/e150e007-c875-46b9-915f-43d69529734f

Basically once you disable history and reenable, Explorer forgets it is supposed to be Frequent and will only show Recent from then on. The articles describe the API required to switch between Frequent and Recent as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...