Best Vector Tracing software

Question

8 answers to this question

And turns out it isn't that great at what I want it to do.

I used VectorMagic's free trial for like 5 minutes and I like that one, it traces simply with a single click and has some pre-set settings. Inkscape seems to be more of a tool to design in vector graphics in than just a tracer.

The only bad thing is that VectorMagic is pretty bad when it comes to manipulating the image after vectoring it (cropping and cutting off bits you don't want, etc).

I think I may have to just save images and play around with them in another program.

I used VectorMagic's free trial for like 5 minutes and I like that one, it traces simply with a single click and has some pre-set settings. Inkscape seems to be more of a tool to design in vector graphics in than just a tracer.

The only bad thing is that VectorMagic is pretty bad when it comes to manipulating the image after vectoring it (cropping and cutting off bits you don't want, etc).

I think I may have to just save images and play around with them in another program.

Vector Magic is pretty much the best for tracing. too bad they started charging even if you can do most things for free.

As for editing, it's just a tracing app, for editing the vector after you trace it, THEN you use inkscape.

Inkscape is able to trace too. Just import the image to be traced, select it and go to Path/Trace Bitmap. You will find an easy interface with very few and simple options.

You can take a look here for more details: http://www.inkscape.org/doc/tracing/tutorial-tracing.html