mcafee virusscan enterprise

Thanks again U2. I'm downloading that now.

Just an fyi in case anyone else runs into this. We didn't have the svchost file in the dllcache on any of the machines we have fixed using your posted method so I had to copy one off from someplace else. I didn't think about it before hand but I had used the file off an install disk which continues to give you problems with network connections after reboot. If you use an svchost.exe file from a machine that already has SP3 on it and works then you can avoid the small headache that I caused for myself by not doing that initially.

I hope your recovery from this goes smoothly.

Thanks again,

Lou

am surprised a lot of companies are still using mcafee. We used it but ran into all sorts orf problems. we switched to eset and have had a much easier time with it then mcafee.

Had this problem at work today. We went to each PC. Logged on as admin and used shutdown -a command to stop it from rebooting. Had a thumb drive with the 5957 sdat.exe on there. Copied it to the C:\ drive and ran it from command line with /f to force it to install. Restarted and it worked. :)

Some PC's needed svchost.exe copied back as well. We just copied that from another SP3 computer.

Personally I hate McAfee and would rather switch, but I don't get to make that decision. :(

I'll check this when I get home....hopefully it hasnt broken my dev machine!

GE