Office 2003 to 2010? Reasons to upgrade?

Question

Hey guys, I still use Office 2003 because it's fast and light. I decided to avoid Office 2007, but I'm thinking Office 2010 might be something to use.

What would be some of the features/reasons for someone to use Office 2010 over Office 2003? I'm genuinely interested!

Thanks!

I agree with the majority - I have been using Office 2007 since the first "dogfood build" back on November 23rd, 2005 (Beta 1!). I love the improvements they are progressing.

Now I have the 2010 version - and it's much better. I love the fact that OneNote, Outlook, Publisher and Visio have the Ribbon UI now.

FYI, I have been using Office since 4.3 and 95 - I remember the changes they made with Office 97, 2000, XP/2002 and 2003.

They have definitely made the right progression .... sure, there are some (just in my opinion!) dumb moves they made like renaming FrontPage and Groove to SharePoint Designer and Workspace, but at least they didn't attempt to prevent the user from renaming the icons. And, don't get me started on Accounting - the dumbest move MS made is that it can't be made for personal financing (has to be FOR a company or business) .... I'm glad they did away with Accounting!

All in all though, the upgrade *to* 2010 from 2003 or 2007 (or older) is highly recommended.