Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Scrolling that way works fine for me. I didn't have to enable any options or anything, either.

Have you tried safe mode or a clean profile?

Just tried safe mode and it's the same. I'll try a clean profile soon. Something that just occurred to me is that I updated my Razer mouse drivers a little while ago, wonder if that has something to do with it.

If you mean scrolling with middle mouse button pressed, that is an option and i think by default it is enabled.It is in options->Advanced->General and there should be an option called Automatic scrolling or something like that(it is the 4th option from top to bottom.i use localized version and I'm not sure how the option is called in English).

If you mean scrolling with middle mouse button pressed, that is an option and i think by default it is enabled.It is in options->Advanced->General and there should be an option called Automatic scrolling or something like that(it is the 4th option from top to bottom.i use localized version and I'm not sure how the option is called in English).

There you go

Options.png

Thank you! I had been wondering why this didn't work in Firefox for ages! It seems strange that it was disabled by default. I figured the majority of people would find it to be a useful feature :s.

I have about 15 add-ons, which include, Google toolbar, Adblock Plus, WOT, ForecastFox, ReloadEvery, Stylish, Flashgot, & a few add-ons from Mozilla Labs.

It goes up to 200,000k of memory after about 10 minutes of use in one tab.

Yeah, I suspect the addons are not helping (ReloadEvery for example).

attachment.cgi?id=503337

Coming soon.

From what is that improvement coming? Also, that's not a very good screenshot - it seems to be resized [edit: ah, that's the forums doing that, viewing the screenshot on its own looks much better]? (And tbh on my PC it already looks like the 'after' shot in b9).

I'm using the latest nightly too, but fonts are not that clear for me. Do I have to install that hotfix from MS?

If you mean the recent update via Windows Update, I believe that should have some effect - especially on dark bgs. However, I suspect the change referred to above is different, and in Firefox.

why doesnt this update show up when i check for updates in firefox 4b8

pre10 is a nightly build (trunk build) and is *ahead* of b9 (which is out now and can be delta-updated from beta-8, as I just did; Minefield is a separate, and x64-only, install). "Just did" was five minutes ago (1211PM EST 1/15/2011).

It's not in nightly yet. It's going to land today if everything goes well.

I'm looking forward to that. :D

weird problem, on my prototype design a button gets this grey background when i hover on its parent but don't touch the button...

normal:

d6d913ca.PNG

hover on parent without touching button:

4e5bd309.PNG

edit: hmm, seems to be fixed in the latest nightly.

Firefox for me is now the fastest browser, and just feels right. =) Loving how Minefield is turning out. Seems quite a bit smoother then Beta 9 for w/e reason. Tab animations seem to run new flawless compared to beta 9.

Can't wait for Firefox to finally have the UI changes to downloads and preferences as well in Firefox 4.x

Please tell me this fixes the font-weight bug.

Well, when looking at the interface, the Minefield button and such, I cannot tell anymore whether or not D2D is enabled. Before, the text was less defined and thus I could see that I was using D2D...