Meet Firefox 4.0.1

I don't think they've landed. Well, at least not on my Minefield. Go to Bug 570279 and scroll down to Attachments. Click the very first link and you'll see the picture that he posted above.

it's curious because the bug title said "connecting curve" and they made them squared. :/

BTW, they look pretty good

I don't think they've landed. Well, at least not on my Minefield. Go to Bug 570279 and scroll down to Attachments. Click the very first link and you'll see the picture that he posted above.

Does not really look much different than what is in beta 12, except slightly sharper corners of the tab corners instead of rounded.

Also, is there a keyboard combination for bookmark bar? In chrome, it is Ctrl+Shift+B, but this combo opens up the main bookmarks manager. It would be nice to have the option to easily toggle the bar to maximize viewing space while surfing.

Yeah, I think I prefer the squarer tabs.

But, things will change in the future, and we'll probably end up with curvy tabs again (the OS X version has them, but only on the selected tab)

Square edges certainly seem cleaner and easier on the eye.

One feature that I have been confused about is the Tab Candy/Panorama feature. I know for sure that they have added it into earlier beta builds based on some of the change logs. But I just cannot seem to find how to turn it on or any trace of it in beta 12. Did they decide to delay the feature or am I just missing something?

Edit: Nvm. Seems like it was deep hidden in the toolbar layout settings where I manually had to add the "tab groups" button the the toolbar.

Edit 2: Now the question is what is the keyboard shortcut for quick toggling the tab groups into view? I tried both Ctrl+E and Ctrl+Space, but they don't do anything.

The squarer tabs have one more advantage to their visual appeal , they obey Fitts law even more efficiently , earlier the new tab had like 6px away from the border , now that its' squared , it will do a better job , love it :D

I guess today's nightly would be delicious to eyes :D

I am wondering , we have only 87 soft blockers left , we COULD have gotten few of them landed :/

Does not really look much different than what is in beta 12, except slightly sharper corners of the tab corners instead of rounded.

Also, is there a keyboard combination for bookmark bar? In chrome, it is Ctrl+Shift+B, but this combo opens up the main bookmarks manager. It would be nice to have the option to easily toggle the bar to maximize viewing space while surfing.

I don't think there's a shortcut for that, but you can use a Stylish script (or put it on userChrome.css, although I have'nt tried it there) to make it autohide (will only appear when you hover on the address bar).

Square edges certainly seem cleaner and easier on the eye.

One feature that I have been confused about is the Tab Candy/Panorama feature. I know for sure that they have added it into earlier beta builds based on some of the change logs. But I just cannot seem to find how to turn it on or any trace of it in beta 12. Did they decide to delay the feature or am I just missing something?

Edit: Nvm. Seems like it was deep hidden in the toolbar layout settings where I manually had to add the "tab groups" button the the toolbar.

Edit 2: Now the question is what is the keyboard shortcut for quick toggling the tab groups into view? I tried both Ctrl+E and Ctrl+Space, but they don't do anything.

CTRL+SHIFT+E

I don't think there's a shortcut for that, but you can use a Stylish script (or put it on userChrome.css, although I have'nt tried it there) to make it autohide (will only appear when you hover on the address bar).

CTRL+SHIFT+E

Thanks. I will check the other stylish scripts thread on the forum to see if anyone has coded for it.

I think I can get used to these new tabs :) anyway we are at 0 blockers and this mornings triage will determine if we see any more pop up and if none do than RC builds really soon (possibly today!)

Is there any date set for the RC? Like an estimate... and RC means no more UI changes, right?

RC should mean no more changes, period. So I would say very unlikely. The only stuff likely to come after an RC are late discoveries of major bugs.

Date would be: once they've double checked for anything left: soon.

Can someone please post a screen with the new square tabs but with the window maximized? Some say tabs are now taller. I like how slim tabs are in beta 12 and wouldn't like them to go fat. Also, this change is supposed to be included in RC, right?

the taller tabs might be going away someone filed a bug..

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=638437

with this code

.tabbrowser-tab, .tabs-newtab-button {
   -moz-border-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/tabbrowser/tab.png") 4 3 2 3 / 4px 3px 2px 3px repeat stretch !important;
 }

you can make them smaller

• Like 3

new hard blocker was added

critical crash [@ DrawPlugin ]

*sigh* Starting to look like no RC tomorrow. Monday still looks promising.

Just wondering, does Minefield finally have autoupdate like chrome or do you still have to manually download the latest build from the trunk each time?