Meet Firefox 4.0.1

ColorfulTabs works .. but you need to go to the developers web-site and get the updated version from there ..

ColorfulTabs

I'm talking about for the RC. It does not work for the RC, but it does work for Beta 12. I'm using ChromaTabs with Beta 12, which I might actually like better. It doesn't work with the RC either.

I'm talking about for the RC. It does not work for the RC, but it does work for Beta 12. I'm using ChromaTabs with Beta 12, which I might actually like better. It doesn't work with the RC either.

It does work with the RC .. I'm using it now! .. this is the version from the developers web-page I'm using , not the version available from the Firefox add-on pages ..

Im loving the FF4 builds, but is it really faster ? really ?

I reinstalled FF3.6.14 the other day and it made FF4 seem slow, same extensions etc..

It does work with the RC .. I'm using it now! .. this is the version from the developers web-page I'm using , not the version available from the Firefox add-on pages ..

I know. I was using the same beta version, and it wasn't working for me. The beta version is 4.8.1.2, and the official version is 4.8.0.5

To make extensions work with RC, go to about:config, make a new boolean called 'extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0' and set it to false.

That fixed it. Thanks a lot!! I'm still getting the annoying flickering when moving around in the Bookmarks Menu. Is anyone else getting it? Maybe it's my theme, or an extension such as TabGroups Manager causing it.

I think I fixed my bookmarks flickering issue. It's because of the great extension RSS Ticker 4.1. Anyone know of a good RSS extension similar to it?

RC1 build1 is now out:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/4.0rc1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 4.0 RC 1.exe

I installed the unsigned one on my laptop... any need to install this one, then?

RC1 build1 is now out:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/4.0rc1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 4.0 RC 1.exe

nightly and candidater are "key" words

i said build 1 NOT final czullo, the final RC build will need to be tested for several days, we won't get that until next week, it will probably be the build i linked but testing of it needs to happen to decide that.

i said build 1 NOT final czullo, the final RC build will need to be tested for several days, we won't get that until next week, it will probably be the build i linked but testing of it needs to happen to decide that.

This is also where they check compatibility with the Top 100 addons, so those already worrying about that, hopefully it'll be resolved by the time the actual RC drops.

I installed the unsigned one on my laptop... any need to install this one, then?

Nope. Only if there's a build2/3/..., or another RC.

my guess it is blocked because they don't want the ftp server going down because it is not ment for hundreds of people to download from. i wont be surprised if we see another build of RC1 show up anyway. might as well wait for it to be "officially" released.

my guess it is blocked because they don't want the ftp server going down because it is not ment for hundreds of people to download from. i wont be surprised if we see another build of RC1 show up anyway. might as well wait for it to be "officially" released.

This is exactly why it's blocked. Never link to their FTP! Use HTTP instead.

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/4.0rc1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 4.0 RC 1.exe