Meet Firefox 4.0.1

That's a complete shot in the dark as I haven't this beta installed but maybe try: extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b2 or something along that.

extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b

Thanks i`ll give that a go, problem was it didnt check the addons, it was the actual addons themselves that said no compatible, but `ill try :)

Naa... things like speeddial arent working still

and now I lost the aero and am stuck with 3.6.6 theme

extensions.checkCompatibility.4.0b

I haven't been able to get that to work for any of the b2pre builds. Guess I'm sticking with beta 1 for a while.

I haven't been able to get that to work for any of the b2pre builds. Guess I'm sticking with beta 1 for a while.

Works fine here.

Ha! Well, if that's what my issue is then it's broken all of my extensions except for adblock, so either way I guess I'll be waiting a while.

Ha! Well, if that's what my issue is then it's broken all of my extensions except for adblock, so either way I guess I'll be waiting a while.

because of XPCOM landing in the trunk

The more and more I think about it, the more I like the new design. I just wonder what I'm going to do with the toolbar buttons that some of my addons create... Does anyone know what the plan is for these?

Where can I see my current version number on the Minefield releases? I can't seem to find an about button.

Press Alt and the classic menu bar shows up. Help -> About Minefield.

can anyone tell me why i have 2 new tab buttons ? there is one immediately after my last open tab and also one fixed to the right hand side of the tab bar (see screenshot)

also does anyone else find it annoying that when you double click on the tab bar it restores the window to non maximized and vice versa, because i used to double click on the tab bar to open a new tab but now i can not i hope they change that back to its old behavior.

also is it possible to remove the little close [x] that's on the far right of the tab bar because it is useless when i press it it doesn't close the open tab anyway i have to use the close [x] that's visible on the tab itself to close the tab, maybe a stylish script or a userchrome.css mod. please let me know if its possible thanks.

post-48365-12783175996886.jpg

can anyone tell me why i have 2 new tab buttons ? there is one immediately after my last open tab and also one fixed to the right hand side of the tab bar (see screenshot)

Restore to default config (Menu button>Toolbar Layout>Reset)

also does anyone else find it annoying that when you double click on the tab bar it restores the window to non maximized and vice versa, because i used to double click on the tab bar to open a new tab but now i can not i hope they change that back to its old behavior.

Its a known bug

also is it possible to remove the little close [x] that's on the far right of the tab bar because it is useless when i press it it doesn't close the open tab anyway i have to use the close [x] that's visible on the tab itself to close the tab, maybe a stylish script or a userchrome.css mod. please let me know if its possible thanks.

To remove that cross button , go to about:config and set

browser.tabs.closeButtons

to 1

App tabs have landed in the hourlies. Working pretty well, though they don't remain app tabbed over a restart :(.

post-303978-12783607735278.jpg

I've got Facebook running as an App tab there. They work exactly like normal tabs, but without the title text and always stay on the left of the tabbar.

Hmm, where can I get these hourlies again?

And how do I put the tabs in the titlebar as the person above me?

I think the tabs are like that automatically for 4.0. You can achieve the same with 3.67 however by using Strata40.

Windows hourlies can be found here

Tabs in the title bar involves using the addon Stylish or adding it to userChrome.css.

The code I use can be found here (It moves the tabs to the very top and changes the Firefox text on the menu (or was it 'Minefield', I forget) to the Firefox logo). There's a lot of different variations on the code floating around. A few people have posted theirs throughout the thread which you might find more suitable.

Is it better to use the hourlies, or should I stick with the nightlies?

depends on what you want, the nightlies tend to be more stable since they're all the refined code from all the hourlies of the day

Because curiosity gets the better of me I've gone back to using the hourly builds. I've gotten Omnibar, Adblock Plus , Downthemall! and Fastdial working fine, but I still desperately need a working version of Stylish. It seems people are using Stylish on 4.0b2pre, so.... what Stylish build are you guys using and where are you getting it?

depends on what you want, the nightlies tend to be more stable since they're all the refined code from all the hourlies of the day

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just stick with the nightlies for now then. What are the chances that the App Tabs end up in tomorrow's nightly?

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just stick with the nightlies for now then. What are the chances that the App Tabs end up in tomorrow's nightly?

pretty high, they compile the nightly at the end of the day from all they did with the hourlies,

so yeah, if it's in an hourly you will most likely see it in the next nightly

though it's kinda ironic how they call them nightlies but they always seem to be compiled and uploaded around 12:30 or so in the morning

:)