Meet Firefox 4.0.1

FF were the first to have tabs, tabs on the top is an option it can be changed if anyone watch the dev video, but I have been using Firefox since 3 and have been impressed and happy since, Google just wants a piece of the pie. I love Google as a homepage but the browser just does not cut it for me. But IE started it all, with the key to the internet and now its in the dust. But it will regain its thrown with IE9. :shifty:

#PersonalToolbar .bookmark-item {
  margin-left: 5px !important;
}

This should do it.

Thanks. I had to change it to toolbarbutton.bookmark-item for it not to affect the items inside of RSS feeds and drop down folders in my toolbar.

Really, what kind of bugs are you experiencing?

I'm developing themes for it and using it as my main browser and it seems to be working fine here.

Most annoying one is having to double click into the reply post message box, 1st click looks like the cursor is waiting for typing, but halfway through the sentence you realise it is not typing and it requires another click (happens on laptop and desktop)

Freezing - I get tabs non responsive, and when I try to shut down FF it freezes and I need to click the dropdown box and choose exit, or use task manager

Aero - suddenly turns black / grey / basic and is no longer transparent

Most annoying one is having to double click into the reply post message box, 1st click looks like the cursor is waiting for typing, but halfway through the sentence you realise it is not typing and it requires another click (happens on laptop and desktop)

Freezing - I get tabs non responsive, and when I try to shut down FF it freezes and I need to click the dropdown box and choose exit, or use task manager

Aero - suddenly turns black / grey / basic and is no longer transparent

All of those issues here, the replying issue is the most annoying one though, happens to me every time!

Yeah at small font sizes it simply looks worse than what we currently have. It does look better with large font sizes though.

I don't like DirectWrite at all in Firefox.

I've grown used to it in Steam, but in Firefox it looks as though some letter are blurry, some are crisp, and some are in-between.

Yea, it does look nice at a decent size, but it's just so crumbly and horrid in small sizes. Perhaps MS will improve this. I generally much prefer the OS X font render.

All of those issues here, the replying issue is the most annoying one though, happens to me every time!

Yea very annoying, Im downloading the latest nightly build, see if anything has been fixed yet

Yep - the double click post issue is fixed in the latest nightly build :)

I installed the beta but i still get the old theme.... Can someone tell me why?post-54931-12786389708561.jpg

Because your old settings had the menu bar enabled?

Yea very annoying, Im downloading the latest nightly build, see if anything has been fixed yet

Yep - the double click post issue is fixed in the latest nightly build :)

you sure about that Phenom? Still does it here, did you restart minefield twice before trying? I think Direct write doesn't start working until second restart right now.

Anyone managed to disable the addon compatibility check on the latest nightly build yet ?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/15003/

I installed the beta but i still get the old theme.... Can someone tell me why?post-54931-12786389708561.jpg

Hide menu bar :)

How can you get stylish on the latest minefield 4.0b2 build? I got the Dev build updated today... It installed and shows the icon. But I can't use any of the menu options to add styles or anything.

http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/STORE/stylish-0.5.9.10070201-Fx4.0.xpi

Don't really care as much about interface, but I do care about,

1. Retained Layers

2. Fixing newly introduced and old D2D Issues

3. moz fv method+tracing JIT

still uses way to much ram for a browser, i mean 100meg to display pretty much nothing wtf?

You should be expecting crashes, memory leaks, high memory usage, rendering errors and GUI bugs.

still uses way to much ram for a browser, i mean 100meg to display pretty much nothing wtf?

have u ever run chrome 5?Opera 10.5+? Probably no

Don't really care as much about interface, but I do care about,

1. Retained Layers

2. Fixing newly introduced and old D2D Issues

3. moz fv method+tracing JIT <- Me too :D

True , but GUI matters too , one would like a Lamborghini than f1

I don't know what system you have but if you have a newer system why care about 100mb? oO

I only run at 3GB because I cba to do everything anew for 64bit Win7 but my Firefox runs all the time with 600mb since I have around 30-40 tabs always open and I can still play games very fine.... :whistle:

I tried to match the mockup:

Normal:

99450754.png

Maximized:

67476954.png

Original Mockup:

48701288.png

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#appmenu-button-container{
margin: 0 0 4px 6px !important;
}

#appmenu-button{
padding: 2px 10px 2px 9px !important;
border-style: solid !important;
border-width: 0px 2px 2px 2px !important;
-moz-border-right-colors: rgba(255,255,255,0.6) #612905 !important;
-moz-border-bottom-colors: rgba(255,255,255,0.6) #612905 !important;
-moz-border-left-colors: rgba(255,255,255,0.6) #612905 !important;
-moz-border-radius: 0 0 5px 5px !important;
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#f6b450,#e67c10,#db6b11) !important;
background-clip: padding-box !important;
text-shadow: 0px 0px 2px black !important;
}

#appmenu-button[open="true"]{
-moz-border-radius: 0px !important;
}

If it's there doing nothing, it might as well be put to good use. Otherwise all these performance enhancements they put in are pointless.

AOM History and Future

Nice article ,,, also see how they are aiming to make AOM look like in FF4

blog_post_list_view.png

Don't ask me where are caption buttons and "new tab button"

Hopefully there will be a slim list option hidden somewhere in the menu there. Scrolling through a list of anything more than 10 add-ons in a list that size would be difficult and annoying...