Meet Firefox 4.0.1

have u ever run chrome 5?Opera 10.5+? Probably no

I can definitely say that Firefox 3.6.6 leaks like a Halal tortuered cow in Mac OS X. I didn't check 4.0b1 -- it was too ugly so I reverted to pretty GrApple. Chrome, Opera and Safari are all far superior in terms of memory management (in OS X), to be honest. That said, Firefox on OS X is a completely different experience than on Windows. I wouldn't go anywhere close to FF[4] on Windows, but yet it's my browser of choice in OS X.

Makes me wonder what they have planned for us. I hope they make an effort to give it a Cocoa feel so I don't have to rely on someone updating themes... Wouldn't hurt to have the OOPP bug fixed either.

Well, which is the best script for making the button go into the tab bar?

And can anyone change the color of the button so it resembles Word 2010?

Blue button

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#appmenu-button-container{
margin: 0px 0px 4px 4px !important;
}

#appmenu-button{
padding: 3px 10px 3px 9px !important;
}

#appmenu-button dropmarker:before {
padding-right: 5px !important;
}

#appmenu-button{
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(40,95,178,1), rgba(78,147,229,1)) !important;
-moz-border-radius: 0px 0px 4px 4px !important;
border-top: 0px !important;
margin-top: 1px !important;
}

#appmenu-button:hover{
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(40,95,178,.9), rgba(78,147,229,.9)) !important;
}

Tabs in titlebar

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#appmenu-button-container{
position: fixed !important;
}

#navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="true"] #TabsToolbar{
padding-left: 95px !important;
}

#appmenu-button .button-text { display:none !important; }
#appmenu-button dropmarker:before { content: "Firefox" !important; }

#appmenu-button{
padding: 1px 10px 3px 9px !important;
height: 22px !important;
}
padding-left: 90px !important;
padding-top:3px !important;
}

Found a bug if you move the tabs in titlebar popup windows end up getting screwed up.

What code would I need to mod to tell stylish to push the address bar down (Using padding or whatever) only for pop up windows?

2jbjmzm.png

also Appmenu button if you change the color of it you MUST also change the color in #appmenu-button[open=true] or it does not behave like default set color:

#appmenu-button[open="true"]{
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(40,95,178,1), rgba(78,147,229,1)) !important;
}

Example color I used was the blue one Darrian just posted. As you can see you just enter the same color values as #appmenu-button. Very simple fix.

Thanks to Neowin.net and generous members who made this possible

dxad.png

Our Meet Firefox 4.0 thread got previewed in Ghacks site!

I feel happy :D

Thanks that works. DTA still doesn't work, not even the beta :( I saw someone post somewhere that there was a dev version of dta that was compatible but I can't find it at all.

And is there a stylish code to move the tab bar down? I am using the clearscreen sharp theme and the tab bar is inside my windows buttons:

post-159052-1278777258862.png

And is there a stylish code to move the tab bar down? I am using the clearscreen sharp theme and the tab bar is inside my windows buttons:

post-159052-1278777258862.png

padding-top:4px !important;
}

4px works for default aero

Thanks that works. DTA still doesn't work, not even the beta :( I saw someone post somewhere that there was a dev version of dta that was compatible but I can't find it at all.

http://code.downthem.../nightly/trunk/

Just thought I'd show off my current version of it (Decided to get it)

neowin40.png

How did you get the reload and home button next to the button?

How did you remove the bookmark icon from the adress bar?

How did you get the reload and home button next to the button?

How did you remove the "favorites" icon from the adress bar?

Reload and home, I moved then. Then used a couple of stylish code's to move the button to fit next to them.

As for the favourites icon?

Reload and home, I moved then. Then used a couple of stylish code's to move the button to fit next to them.

As for the favourites icon?

Bookmark icon. The one that opens a drop down menu. I want to remove it.

I can't move the buttons.

Bookmark icon. The one that opens a drop down menu. I want to remove it.

I can't move the buttons.

when you have the bookmarks toolbar on the button next to search moves down and acts as the other bookmarks folder in the toolbar

Removing the Bookmark menu is actually VERY simple as I found out.

First turn on the bookmark toolbar so the button menu vanishes. Then clear the toolbar of any bookmarks and simply move it next to the menubar which is hidden anyway thanks to the new Menu Button.

Darrian your blue button and tabs in title bar scripts work great however when I close Firefox and re-open it I have to disable then re-enable each script for it to work again. Any ideas why this is the case? It could be a problem with my Stylish version or something else.

Also, that new add-on manager looks great but it would be nice to make each add-on box a bit smaller.

Thanks

Don't really care as much about interface, but I do care about,

1. Retained Layers

2. Fixing newly introduced and old D2D Issues

3. moz fv method+tracing JIT

You should be expecting crashes, memory leaks, high memory usage, rendering errors and GUI bugs.

why? they have been there since firefox 3 you would think **** would be fixxed by now way to much ram is being used in every version of firefox

way to much ram is being used in every version of firefox

Firefox on average uses less memory than Chrome/IE/Safari/Opera. That might have changed though, the others might have caught up.

Of course you have to remember that measuring the worth of a browser by how much memory it takes up is silly. I'm on a 4GB system, Firefox could use 1GB of RAM and I'd still have nearly 3/4ths of my RAM unused.