Meet Firefox 4.0.1

That is totally awesome!

Care to share how did you do this? I dont use firefox but might as well start using i if I can have a ui like this.

i second this motion, please share your stylish code or the hacked file if you did it that way

i second this motion, please share your stylish code or the hacked file if you did it that way

I believe that's actually a new theme he's working on called Minimal.

That is totally awesome!

Care to share how did you do this? I dont use firefox but might as well start using i if I can have a ui like this.

Thanks a lot! The theme is extremely close to it's first release, so I highly recommend you follow me on Tumblr (I noticed you have one as well) to stay up to date on our progress. It's a new system I'm using to keep our fans up to date on our theme development and concepts.

Thanks! We plan on releasing it soon, and I would also recommend you give my Tumblr page a visit every so often to stay updated on our progress.

I believe that's actually a new theme he's working on called Minimal.

You hit the nail on the head. (Y)

I didn't know you fellow Neowinians were interested in this theme. I'll be sure to make a thread here when the theme reaches Beta stage. :)

@BoneyardBrew,

Very nice and I have bookmarked your site to 'keep up on the progress' of your 'Minimal theme' for this new and exciting FF 4.xx build...I see that you have member SoapyHamHocks working with you on 'cleanup and theme integration'...

Great....I know that it will eventually be a very popular theme, and wish you both success on achieving this goal..

As those of us that have been around since the 'Phoenix' build dates keeping up a GUI_theme with the ever changing code changes and build progressions_regressions can be a challenging experience!

i love firefox4,cheers!

Oh my god, someone, call an ambulance, the 80's died in this man's poor browser.

So, since I'm sure my request is buried by now...

Does anybody have a stylish script to shrink the gap between the bookmarks toolbar and the address bar?

Ok, after a lot of 'trial_error' attempts with various codes within my userChrome.css file, I came up with this: Official FF4.0beta1installed

ff40beta1ss.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

For those of our collective membership, who have run into the ever present re-appearing of the 'Send Feedback' button after each browser restart, two options are available to make it not present:

Posted Mon 12th Jul 2010 8:01pm

supernova_00 wrote:I'm not sure if this was covered since I missed most of the last two weeks threads but how the heck do I get rid of the feedback button? I hide it via the customize panel but it comes back after a restart.

In Stylish:

Code: Select all

#feedback-menu-button {

display:none !important;

}

Posted Mon 12th Jul 2010 8:08pm

supernova_00 wrote:I'm not sure if this was covered since I missed most of the last two weeks threads but how the heck do I get rid of the feedback button? I hide it via the customize panel but it comes back after a restart.

using official beta build ?

if so, it's add-ons, delete it.

Found a bug if you move the tabs in titlebar popup windows end up getting screwed up.

What code would I need to mod to tell stylish to push the address bar down (Using padding or whatever) only for pop up windows?

2jbjmzm.png

also Appmenu button if you change the color of it you MUST also change the color in #appmenu-button[open=true] or it does not behave like default set color:

#appmenu-button[open="true"]{
    background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(40,95,178,1), rgba(78,147,229,1)) !important;
}

Example color I used was the blue one Darrian just posted. As you can see you just enter the same color values as #appmenu-button. Very simple fix.

I have the same problem. According to this thread:

http://forum.userstyles.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=20801

The problem is fixed in the latest nightlies. However, I did not experience that at all. In addition, this user claims the dropdown goes away on latest nightlies, but in my experience, it is still there as of 7-13-2010 (maybe they removed it only to restore it later). Here is my userchrome.css:

#appmenu-button-container {
position: fixed !important;
}

#appmenu-button {
display: none;
}

#main-window[sizemode="normal"] > #navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="true"] #TabsToolbar{
margin-right: 85px !important;
margin-left: 0px !important;
padding-top: 15px !important;
}

#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] > #navigator-toolbox[tabsontop="true"] #TabsToolbar{
margin-right: 85px !important;
margin-left: 0px !important;
padding-top: 0px !important;
}

This works fine except in popup windows (presumably when no tabs are present).

How do you adjust when there is no tab section?

i know everyone is trying to get their tabs on top look working for them but i am wondering if its possible to put the buttons on top next to the app button. i have made a mockup of the look that i am after. i am just wanting to know if this is possible through stylish and if it is can someone point me in the direction of some code. thanks

post-48365-12790597694624.png

@BoneyardBrew,

Very nice and I have bookmarked your site to 'keep up on the progress' of your 'Minimal theme' for this new and exciting FF 4.xx build...I see that you have member SoapyHamHocks working with you on 'cleanup and theme integration'...

Great....I know that it will eventually be a very popular theme, and wish you both success on achieving this goal..

As those of us that have been around since the 'Phoenix' build dates keeping up a GUI_theme with the ever changing code changes and build progressions_regressions can be a challenging experience!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

SoapyHamHocks usually does almost 100% of the coding, but I've been trying to get my feet wet in that territory. I've been designing the first few rough builds myself in CSS to see how far I can get without having to ask for help, and so far it's gone pretty well.

I think it's also great that I know the language well enough to be able to lighten the load on Soapy instead of leaving him bombarded with all of the coding for himself. :)

Thanks again for the post!

lol...as I find myself playing around with these dam .css codes, and I have finally gone back to only a 'Aero looking status bar'...tweak while keeping the rest of the GUI default...

The tabs are much cleaner then anything that I could achieve with codes, and really do not mind the 'gap' between the Firefox-App button and my Min, Max, Close buttons, as long as I have Aero and a nice looking wall that compliments the overall GUI....

Definately looking forward to FF4.0b2 + builds...

ff40b1glassstatusbar.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I started using this version of Firefox last week (stock version, no modifications/customization) and I am really liking it so far.

next time you try to make me vomit, tell me 5 minutes before so i can grab a bag.

When you have halitosis this problem, definitely wants to vomit. so,you should cleans your teeth and smelly mouth.

post-293488-12790985574691.png