Meet Firefox 4.0.1

Better be more than just security fixes, the idea of that alone is incredibly weak.

Yes, it's just bug fixes. Why are they going to put new features into a 0.0.x release when there's a major release coming in a couple of months?

Yes, it's just bug fixes. Why are they going to put new features into a 0.0.x release when there's a major release coming in a couple of months?

I'm not used to waiting "months" for fairly meaty updates as I used to use Chrome.

And i don't see any big changes in Chrome version after version.Almost no change in the UI,lacking many options and customizations and almost no new options and ways to customize it,hell it still doesn't have an open option when you download a document file or an archive.For me Chrome is just a backbone of a browser.It may have been enough in the past, but now its not all about the speed.And other browsers are just as fast as Chrome.I'm wiling to sacrifice some milliseconds for a more feature full and user friendly UI browser that makes my daily tasks easy and fast.That is my personal opinion.

And i don't see any big changes in Chrome version after version.Almost no change in the UI,lacking many options and customizations and almost no new options and ways to customize it,hell it still doesn't have an open option when you download a document file or an archive.For me Chrome is just a backbone of a browser.It may have been enough in the past, but now its not all about the speed.And other browsers are just as fast as Chrome.I'm wiling to sacrifice some milliseconds for a more feature full and user friendly UI browser that makes my daily tasks easy and fast.That is my personal opinion.

Chrome's pathetic ui customization is what is worst about it. I can't even do something so incredibly simple as adding a bookmarks menu button to the toolbar. I have to enable the whole freakin bookmarks toolbar. Simplicity is nice, but lacking any shred of basic customization is pretty lame. Same with ie9. My dad updated to it and about had an aneurism when he found the bookmarks menu moved to the right and he couldn't move it to the left :laugh:

Where is that? It really depends on the font being used.

It won't help since they're unrelated, that extension messes with the anti-aliasing settings (hence the name), kerning is driven by CSS and the shaping engine (Most likely HarfBuzz)

Indeed, i managed to fix the issue.

about:config in the adress bar > gfx.font_rendering.harfbuzz.level > set in to 0 (the default configuration was set to "2") and then restart firefox.

It fixed my kerning issue.

I got fed up of how slow Firefox 4 is for me and switched to Chrome. As there is no equivalent of DownThemAll for Chrome, I still dip a toe into the Firefox pool, but it's icy cold to me.

I got fed up of how slow Firefox 4 is for me and switched to Chrome. As there is no equivalent of DownThemAll for Chrome, I still dip a toe into the Firefox pool, but it's icy cold to me.

I have to agree... I tried it and kept using Chrome... just didn't feel right.

I felt the same thing, but the other way around. I gave chrome a shot (by shot, meaning months of exclusively using chrome, and still trying it out now), but I keep coming back on firefox (even before fx4). It's blazing fast, but just doesn't feel right.

My fish are dead....

Using this test http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/FishBowl/Default.html on Firefox4, on Intel E5200 + Geforce 9600GT, 7 Ultimate with 3GB RAM, I got these results :laugh:

So long as it doesn't affect the websites that I frequently visit, I don't care about the fishes. If it does have a problem on a particular website, then chrome/opera/ie9 is just a click away.

wow i've never seen a right aligned version of windows like that

Hebrew (Arabic as well btw) is written from right to left. Hence the right-aligned design for those two locales.

Firefox 4.0.1 Build 1 is out:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/4.0.1-candidates/build1/win32/en-US/Firefox Setup 4.0.1.exe

Final version is scheduled for 26th.

Firefox 4.0 has been somewhat successful you could say.

100000015.png

Source

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that 100,000,000 downloads != 100,000,000 full time users.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that 100,000,000 downloads != 100,000,000 full time users.

The fact that it has been downloaded 100+ millions times in a month is already incredible!

• 1 year later...

If you're trying to open it from the add-ons manager, I had the same issue. You have to use the status bar button or go to customize and temporarily add the stylish button to your toolbar.

Good job. Reviving a thread which is more than a year old. And a browser version that is 11 too far back.