Photo

Windows 7 Taskbar Stick

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Briman0094

Briman0094

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2010 - 21:00

I love Windows 7 in every way possible except for the taskbar. Occasionally it will misbehave and not realize that the cursor leaves the bounds. I have attached a screen recording showing it misbehaving, you can see that it is clearly confused. Usually what I do to (temporarily) solve the problem is kill the "explorer.exe" process from Task Manager and restart it again, and it fixes it. Sometimes I will just go on with my work on my computer and it will fix itself after a while. Are there any patches (manual or automatic) or updates to fix this?

Attached Files

#2 +KibosJ

KibosJ

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)

Posted 07 May 2010 - 21:04

I used to get this bug all of the time too :/ Since reloading I have never had it since though. I never turn my laptop off either. 

#3 capr

capr

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 May 2010 - 21:41

unfortunately as great as the taskbar is, it is not without errors... that's only one error. sometimes it flickers and just sucks.

#4 Phenom II

Phenom II

Neowin Junkie

Posted 07 May 2010 - 21:49

Try adding a custom theme, I never experience this with custom themes, I cant say for the default one as I change it as soon as I can

#5 Buendia

Buendia

Neowinian

Posted 07 May 2010 - 21:50

Yes, I feel your pain :)

Just press and hold left shift and right-click on any of the programs' icon pinned to the task bar. That fixes it.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!