Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peacemf

BBC's Luther

79 posts in this topic

short preview for season 2!

Excited. But, seriously, you guys need to learn the art of making seasons of respectable length.

Excited. But, seriously, you guys need to learn the art of making seasons of respectable length.

Quality over Quantity...I think 6 episodes fits it well or it stretches out to be very mediocre

It's not about learning how to do it. :p For most UK shows there are only a handful, not a whole team like you get for American shows. Plus there's less emphasis on ratings over here so the writers don't need to push out so many storylines and episodes to please the network... they can concentrate more on quality than quantity, as mentioned above.

Quality over Quantity...I think 6 episodes fits it well or it stretches out to be very mediocre

The Wire, Rome, Dexter, Californication, etc. are some of the best TV programs ever made and they all managed to be longer than six episodes a season.

The Wire, Rome, Dexter, Californication, etc. are some of the best TV programs ever made and they all managed to be longer than six episodes a season.

yeah but we just dont have the budget these american networks have so they get given 6 and I think it works well and to be fair wasn't that like 13 episodes a season which is only double and some of the episodes of Dexter last season were awful.

yeah but we just dont have the budget these american networks have so they get given 6 and I think it works well and to be fair wasn't that like 13 episodes a season which is only double and some of the episodes of Dexter last season were awful.

Rome was the one of the most expensive TV programs ever made and BBC put up half the budget.

Rome was the one of the most expensive TV programs ever made and BBC put up half the budget.

thats when BBC had money :p and not a recession...but its ok if its half put up by another network just like Torchwood is this season...Starz put up most money so BBC didn't have to pay alot

epic first episode! :D

welcome back john luther!

did it start airing Rappy?

Yeah, the first episode was last night. I recorded it, probably won't get a chance to watch it until the weekend... :(

And let's not have the same discussion about series length in the UK compared to the US. For whatever reasons, it's just like that.

did it start airing Rappy?

yeah last night :D

858801237t.jpg431706563t.jpg482473115t.jpg

lawl at Sketch from Skins!

OMG! I totally forgot. Off to grab the latest episode. Hopefully they continued right from where S1 ended, instead of pulling off some stupid **** like jumping forward in time and then doing flashbacks.

its a year or so after

lol at Luther, Alice and the apple. Wonder what those two are cooking up. :devil:

Season 2 is only 4 episodes.

That is WAY too short.

Season 2 is only 4 episodes.

That is WAY too short.

yeah but this I feel is down to Idris Elba's popularity!

he's filming so much at the moment!

It sucks that there are only 4 episodes this season. :(

great episode, Alice is so damn hot when being mysterious!

wow that was awesome!

last one next week :pinch:

Alice is only as sexy as I find her because she's a sociopath. If she was sane I wouldn't want to **** her three or four times in a night then twice that in a morning. But that's just me.

Alice is only as sexy as I find her because she's a sociopath. If she was sane I wouldn't want to **** her three or four times in a night then twice that in a morning. But that's just me.

Good to know i'm not the only one.

Just don't forget to lock her in the bathroom for the rest of the night...