Neowin's official Team Fortress 2 server

I laptop's been out of commision for about 8 months now but I'll finally be getting the motherboard I need. As soon as that's done, count me in :devil:

Damn. Just tried the server. 140 ping. That's a bit too high for me. :(

I thought anything under 200ms was a good connection? I've never had problems with a ping that high.

I thought anything under 200ms was a good connection? I've never had problems with a ping that high.

Maybe on dialup....heck, a good ping on dialup was typically around 150ms or so. If you have a high-speed connection, even 100ms becomes a bit excessive.

I changed from a WRT-160N to a WRT54GL with Tomato firmware and dropped my average ping about 20ms, a 10th of what you thought was a good connection. :p

No worky?

i can ping the address fine...

It was installing the second update of today when you tried to add it. It's up now.

I'm liking this whole Amplifier thing, it's a great addition defensively but you have to be careful when people come in with Ubers.

pings don't matter much anymore since most games use udp instead of tcp which tends to only affect the one with the high ping and not everyone on the server

Man, I can't play on this server (well I can), my ping is well over 250 and it's killing me. Usually I get between 5-30, most of them Australian servers. So yea, I guess I won't be playing with you guys. Timezones are also a slight issue.

I'll add this server to my favorites right now.

I look forward to playing with all of you soon. smile.gif

Aha so you're The Doctor. Good to know for next time I kill you, lol. :p

I had fun too, but the server needs more European players. Can't stay up every night. :laugh:

Aha so you're The Doctor. Good to know for next time I kill you, lol. :p

Yep :laugh:

gigapixels just isn't mysterious enough :p