Neowin's official Team Fortress 2 server

Haha, I haven't seen any familiar Neowin names on. Maybe they're all trying to be mysterious. :laugh:

Btw, those stats on system-restore don't seem right to me.

Aha so you're The Doctor. Good to know for next time I kill you, lol. :p

I had fun too, but the server needs more European players. Can't stay up every night. :laugh:

Let's play a round or two between today's football matches then. I'll be on the server.

• 2 weeks later...

The Neowin server now has the Golden Wrench enabled!

Important: If you would like to use the golden wrench you MUST place this file in your TF2 directory. http://system-restore.net/items_game.txt Place this file in tf\scripts\items. Typical locations for Windows users include: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\team fortress 2\tf\scripts\items and C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\team fortress 2\tf\scripts\items

Video coming soon.

No need to upload one.

I already am, and the video I am uploading was recorded on the Neowin server with actual people playing, not bots.

The Neowin server now has the Golden Wrench enabled!

Important: If you would like to use the golden wrench you MUST place this file in your TF2 directory. http://system-restor.../items_game.txt Place this file in tf\scripts\items. Typical locations for Windows users include: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\team fortress 2\tf\scripts\items and C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<your steam login>\team fortress 2\tf\scripts\items

Video coming soon.

Hmm... does one typically need to create a 'scripts' folder, it may just be that I'm on mac os

found the directory at: /user/salt/library/application support/steam/steam apps/<steam name>/team fortress 2/tf

it lists only the following sub folders:

bin

cache

cfg

DownloadLists

downloads

maps

materials

media

models

resource

sound

suggestions? I'm tempted to just create the folder myself.

I just bought tf2 today, and the first thing I did was join in on the Neowin server. I guess I did alright considering I never played the game before...

I played a few minutes today. But there were only 3 other people on. And they left pretty fast. Probably because I pwned them all. I kid of course.

I still think the server could use some more publicity/advertising. :)

Yeah Im gonna join in with all this TF2 fun.. thinking about setting up a server for European players as well.. good idea? Of course it will be dedicated 24 player or something.

A European server is possibly coming soon; however its fate is still being decided. Possible locations being considered are London or Amsterdam.

Also as an update, the Golden Wrench mod mentioned above has been removed. It created some problems with exploits and the issue of being disqualified for finding a legit gold wrench did come up. That is all I can comment on, but rest assured, if you did install the file, it does not disqualify you personally. Simply delete the txt file to remove the mod from your system.

Good fun on the server today!

Very much so. I keep having a low k/d ratio... but still! :p

Thanks to EmuZombie for providing the TF2 server. (Y)

And another update: Amplifier mod is temporally disabled until all hype from the engy update dies down.

Very much so. I keep having a low k/d ratio... but still! :p

Thanks to EmuZombie for providing the TF2 server. (Y)

Camp more. :p

Good job on disabling the amp for now. :)