Xbox 360 showing E76 error

In the latest turn of events for my 360, it has decided to not turn on and instead show 1 red light and the E76 error onscreen. After looking around on the Internet, it seems to be some sort of ethernet issue- but it's not something I want to risk repairing myself. I've read the troubleshooter- disconnecting everything, no HDD, no LAN cable, all to no avail.

I don't know whether to send for repair- I'm still in warranty- or...what, really.

Thanks.

I doubt it's eithernet, I suggestion is that it's your "ethernet":laugh: card hardware issue. But option is to call support and send the suker in. You'll get someone else 360 but atleast you'll be able to play.

I'll fill out the online form I suppose then...

Hopefully I won't get another refurb- I've had nothing but trouble with this one.

EDIT: Ha, my Gamercard shows I've been offline for 1 hour :\

EDIT 2: Ah, playing Xbox.com, not on Xbox. My mistake.

Just completed it and it says that UPS will be down in 1-3 business days with a box...thing is though, I'm not gonna be in until 3 next week, and from Monday onwards the house will be empty, so does anyone know what they will do then?

You should be ok, when you get your refurb just take it to Gamestop and trade it in and get a new arcade. That's what I did :p Just keep your hdd and you good :D

I thought E74 was a graphics problem, and 1 red light was overheating issues.

I'm pretty sure the console will still boot up with an ethernet problem.

edit: Nevermind, E76.

Ok, I've registered for a repair but now everything's confusing me- no instructions have been set out for arranging a collection online, and I don't know whether to use UPS International or UPS EU Transborder- I'd say EU, but I don't know seeing as it's addressed to go to Germany.

I don't know what to print out either- I've got a UPS receipt and a shipping label (that I know needs printing). All in all it doesn't seem very well out together by MS, and I'm going to be left guessing, unless somone here can help me?

Ok, I've registered for a repair but now everything's confusing me- no instructions have been set out for arranging a collection online, and I don't know whether to use UPS International or UPS EU Transborder- I'd say EU, but I don't know seeing as it's addressed to go to Germany.

I don't know what to print out either- I've got a UPS receipt and a shipping label (that I know needs printing). All in all it doesn't seem very well out together by MS, and I'm going to be left guessing, unless somone here can help me?

First of all where do you live, choose the ups barcode with address closet to your location.

2. Print it and find a box to put the 360 in (they use to ship the box when you call them but now I don't know if they still do that, call the support and ask).

3. If you're not going to be in for 3 weeks I would recommend sending it afterwards since the return time is 2 to 3 weeks even earlier, If I were you I wouldn't take any chances since UPS doesn't come often to reschedule the drop off.

I've completed it now. Very annoying that MS provide no instructions at all, and I just hope that when UPS get here that he knows what's going on, because I know I don't...

And am I going to have to buy a box too?

Did you even read my post, I just went thru the 360 support website for red ring and I can say it couldn't be easier. You DO HAVE TO READ when you're filling everything out. It tells you if you want to print the shipping label (which shortens the time) or get it mailed (with box).