Logon WorkShop

i noticed an option to enable/add?? a window in the 'other' tab. what does that do???

now, i found this from the windows 7 logon editing guide:

Add Window:

Replace Line 15 with this:

</div><div><element id="atom(Window)" background="resbmp(998,7,-1,0,0,1,1)" borderthickness="rect(left, top, right, bottom)" </div><div>padding="rect(left, top, right, bottom)" layout="borderlayout()"></div><div>

You will need to add bitmap(*.bmp) image named 998 to "Bitmap" resource group

Changing Sizing margins:

change left, top, right, bottom in borderthicknes

Change Position marines:

change left, top, right, bottom in padding but be aware that position margins is distance from sizing margins, you can also use negative values

Note:

You will need to add "rp" after each value, Sample:

borderthickness="rect(12rp, 12rp, 12rp, 44rp)" padding="rect(15rp, 16rp, 71rp, 71rp)"

i would like to know wether instead of a static background, one can add say, an animated image like a gif file to this window by making appropriate changes to the code????

if that is possible, then how about moving further and adding a tiny animation, something like an interactive flash video? i am ofcourse reffering to the frontmotion login app that is available for xp, but not available till noe for vista or seven... can something like that be done? here??? i think we dont have to change any credintial provider thing coz we r still keeping the old username/passwrd mode of login, but only changing what is shown on the logon screen, right??

and if such animation can be added, we also need to make sure that the screen can actually display the animation... are codecs needed to make a window display a flash animation? i dont know...its just an idea. if such a codec or some similar thing is needed, thn windows must be made to load it at boot time before the logon screen loads....

even though i'm not at all good at coding, i'ld still like to see a reply. thnx for logon workshop anyways. it already is a gr8 prog.

i noticed an option to enable/add?? a window in the 'other' tab. what does that do???

now, i found this from the windows 7 logon editing guide:

Add Window:

Replace Line 15 with this:

</div><div><element id="atom(Window)" background="resbmp(998,7,-1,0,0,1,1)" borderthickness="rect(left, top, right, bottom)" </div><div>padding="rect(left, top, right, bottom)" layout="borderlayout()"></div><div>

You will need to add bitmap(*.bmp) image named 998 to "Bitmap" resource group

Changing Sizing margins:

change left, top, right, bottom in borderthicknes

Change Position marines:

change left, top, right, bottom in padding but be aware that position margins is distance from sizing margins, you can also use negative values

Note:

You will need to add "rp" after each value, Sample:

borderthickness="rect(12rp, 12rp, 12rp, 44rp)" padding="rect(15rp, 16rp, 71rp, 71rp)"

i would like to know wether instead of a static background, one can add say, an animated image like a gif file to this window by making appropriate changes to the code????

if that is possible, then how about moving further and adding a tiny animation, something like an interactive flash video? i am ofcourse reffering to the frontmotion login app that is available for xp, but not available till noe for vista or seven... can something like that be done? here??? i think we dont have to change any credintial provider thing coz we r still keeping the old username/passwrd mode of login, but only changing what is shown on the logon screen, right??

and if such animation can be added, we also need to make sure that the screen can actually display the animation... are codecs needed to make a window display a flash animation? i dont know...its just an idea. if such a codec or some similar thing is needed, thn windows must be made to load it at boot time before the logon screen loads....

even though i'm not at all good at coding, i'ld still like to see a reply. thnx for logon workshop anyways. it already is a gr8 prog.

it is a user list background and no you cant add animated images like gif, flash, animated png and so on

Could you use this to add a clock?

no

it is a user list background and no you cant add animated images like gif, flash, animated png and so on

no

thnx for the reply. why i asked was coz i saw that the latest version of rohos logon had adden new elements into the welcome screen... and so i thought.... well... maybe sometime, someone may figure out a way to do this...

• 4 months later...