im pretty happy on how this game has evolved from a year ago.

Yeah Kaz said on release that it was work in progress and it has certainly progressed well.

when are they going to fix the mirrored GT logos on the stealth cars. when iam using them in the bspec races the logo is

reversed when the camera is showing the right hand side of the car. not a huge problem but it does not look right.

I just picked this up from Wally World for $19.83. I figure I can't go wrong at that price. Or can I?

Nope, it's a damn fun game - if you're into racing :p

Just be prepared for a BIG patch (1GB+) on startup.

when are they going to fix the mirrored GT logos on the stealth cars. when iam using them in the bspec races the logo is

reversed when the camera is showing the right hand side of the car. not a huge problem but it does not look right.

This is not a bug. It's the same for RM'd cars too. There are two reasons for this; first, it means you only have to texture-wrap one half of the car and mirror it (saves time), and second, they don't have to worry about squeezing the logo into two different silouhettes (saves time).

Bothered me for a while too, to be fair, but you get used to it. Just remember to shoot the car from it's good side in photo mode :rofl:

I was planning on selling my Playstation Eye as it's been useless so far, but want to know if it's worth keeping for this game. I saw some YouTube footage and wasn't overly impressed and just wanted to know what the consensus is on it.

I was planning on selling my Playstation Eye as it's been useless so far, but want to know if it's worth keeping for this game. I saw some YouTube footage and wasn't overly impressed and just wanted to know what the consensus is on it.

game is worth it but eye isn't...in the cockpit view you can set right analouge stick to look around in vehicles which is the only use for it i believe

I imagine the eye would really come into it's own using the cockpit view in a multi-screen setup, but other than that I can't see how it could add much to the experience. Actually, I would probably find it distracting.

Anyone here checked out the new seasonal events? There's two B-Spec races up, and they're big-money ones; 2,000,000 credits for winning, and a Level 23 car for winning both races. :o

La Sarthe is worth 3 million, so that's around 5 million for about an hour's racing. Combine that with a potential 200% login bonus, and suddenly this game is blown wide open as cash is not an issue now. But even with level 40 drivers it's still a tough race, certainly as hard if not harder than any of the B-Spec career races.

I'm liking the new format of the Seasonals. Bonus cars are very welcome, and removing some of the old races was a good call. It sounds like a strange thing to say, but there was simply too many of them before.

La Sarthe is worth 3 million, so that's around 5 million for about an hour's racing. Combine that with a potential 200% login bonus, and suddenly this game is blown wide open as cash is not an issue now. But even with level 40 drivers it's still a tough race, certainly as hard if not harder than any of the B-Spec career races.

I'm liking the new format of the Seasonals. Bonus cars are very welcome, and removing some of the old races was a good call. It sounds like a strange thing to say, but there was simply too many of them before.

Yeah, they're defiintely hard races. It took me about 10 attempts to finally get gold on the Spa race, because the AI is still ridiculously dim-witted and cowardly, never going for real overtakes.

I also only realised late last night that you can have two drivers in each race, so I might try that today and see how I get on. :p Anothing annoying hindrance is the AI is way too keen to pit, and I usually end up missing that little "P" symbol light up. Once I was actually concentrating on it, the Spa race was a walkover. Kept my driver out for an extra two laps while everyone else pitted, the tracked was drying out well then, so brought him in, put him on hard tires, he was out just ahead of the pack, and coasted to victory. :)

Yeah, they're defiintely hard races. It took me about 10 attempts to finally get gold on the Spa race, because the AI is still ridiculously dim-witted and cowardly, never going for real overtakes.

I also only realised late last night that you can have two drivers in each race, so I might try that today and see how I get on. :p Anothing annoying hindrance is the AI is way too keen to pit, and I usually end up missing that little "P" symbol light up. Once I was actually concentrating on it, the Spa race was a walkover. Kept my driver out for an extra two laps while everyone else pitted, the tracked was drying out well then, so brought him in, put him on hard tires, he was out just ahead of the pack, and coasted to victory. :)

for the La Sarthe race, I used the Chapperal 2J with a level 37 driver on Sport Soft tires. I was able to finish 1st without pitting for tires/swapping drivers. Give it a try, that car will dominate the race.

As for the Spa race, I used the Yellowhat GT500 car (forgot the full name) on Racing Intermediate tires. I was able to finish 1st as well without pitting. Your driver will try to automatically request to pit, so you'll need to enter into the command menu, and choose 'Pit Request Cancel' for every lap when its raining.

has any one got a spair tvr cerbera speed 12 i want to try some of those drifting seasonals but only have sucky cars for drifting.

pm me if you do and il reply my psn ID.

Thanks.

for the La Sarthe race, I used the Chapperal 2J with a level 37 driver on Sport Soft tires. I was able to finish 1st without pitting for tires/swapping drivers. Give it a try, that car will dominate the race.

Yeah, I borrowed a 2J from someone over on GTPlanet, and managed to finally win the race. Also managed to win it with the Audi R8 '05 PlayStation Team Oreca (which BTW is currently in the Online Car Dealership if you want to have a go with it). After so many attempts, it's obvious that the most important part of that race isn't so much the car (there's quite a few you can win the race with), it's paying constant attention to the B-Spec Bobs. Which is a shame, as I've been used to just starting the race, putting the controller down and letting them get on with it. Then again, most of the races, I was allowed to put them in the Red Bull X2010/X2011. :p

From GAF, pretty awesome

I had a little fun with Photomode tonight. I took the pictures from Kaz's 24hr race and did my best to reproduce them in-game.

Early morning qualification session (used 50% cloudy weather at 9 AM)

DFdd0.jpg

Race day, 9 PM

jU6rI.jpg

Finish line, 4 PM

32PHX.jpg

lol

OplVpl.jpg

Seems to be a brightness bug when playing in 3D making driving in my preferred view almost impossible due to the brightness 2 views seem to have the brightness as if staring in the sun and all washed out the other 2 seem fine. Also in the brighter views if I check the rear view then the brightness drops to normal levels again.

post-110545-0-08977100-1326109379_thumb.

post-110545-0-56838200-1326109383_thumb.

post-110545-0-33959600-1326109388_thumb.

post-110545-0-51279200-1326109394_thumb.

Seems to be a brightness bug when playing in 3D making driving in my preferred view almost impossible due to the brightness 2 views seem to have the brightness as if staring in the sun and all washed out the other 2 seem fine. Also in the brighter views if I check the rear view then the brightness drops to normal levels again.

Seems it's a common bug when having used photo mode and applying filters that they sometimes get stuck.

^ Wow, that's insane. The racing tires must greatly help there. Ever tried going for the "GT-R Official Record" trophy? Lap less than 7:29.03 in an '07 GT-R on Sports Hard tires. It is extremely difficult. :pinch:

^ Wow, that's insane. The racing tires must greatly help there. Ever tried going for the "GT-R Official Record" trophy? Lap less than 7:29.03 in an '07 GT-R on Sports Hard tires. It is extremely difficult. :pinch:

I beat the time by ten seconds then realised you aren't allowed to change the tyres. Think I'm about 3 seconds off the pace. Currently doing the 4hr Mazda race in the DLC Touring model with the roll cage. The game looks awesome in the cockpit view in 3D with the shadows rolling over the interior.

I've had the game for a couple of days now (borrowing it from my boss...) but I'm already getting bored. The online seems really dead. I'm in the Pro A-spec currently and just keep doing the circle speedway track for easy $19,000 lol. $19,000 every 3 minutes or so! Not bad. I guess it'd be more fun with friends but all anyone does is play MW3 or Battlefield.

Also I'm a horribe driver who's used to games like Burnout. Soft racing tires help a bunch though.

I've had the game for a couple of days now (borrowing it from my boss...) but I'm already getting bored. The online seems really dead. I'm in the Pro A-spec currently and just keep doing the circle speedway track for easy $19,000 lol. $19,000 every 3 minutes or so! Not bad. I guess it'd be more fun with friends but all anyone does is play MW3 or Battlefield.

Also I'm a horribe driver who's used to games like Burnout. Soft racing tires help a bunch though.

Well I guess it is a case of horses for courses then. I got a PS3 and GT5 for Christmas and I am loving it.

I do have a question about the Skid Recovery Force. Currently working my way through the Pro Series. Some cars I drive much better with it off (Ford GT) as you can correct for the back end sliding with a bit of power and reverse lock. However other cars (XANAVI NISMO GT-R) I just can't keep control of the back end. I've tried handling it with throttle control but the slightest twitch and it goes. I can't recover from anything.

Anyone got any tips? Mulling it over on the way in I was wondering if putting the TCS up (I'm not sure what it is on at the moment) and SRF off would help or am I just trading one crutch for another?