Thanks to our team at Gamescom 2010 (and a new YouTube video uploaded by PlayStation Spain), we?ve got an early scoop on the contents of the latest Gran Turismo 5 demo on display -- confirming some of the game?s most exciting new features. GT5?s new karting mode is revealed, along with the debut of the Autodromo Nationale Monza circuit! Andreas of InsideSimRacing also noticed that skidmarks are visible on the tarmac (see video above, though it?s not from Andreas), and a non-functioning ?course maker? option was visible in the menus. He also wisely compiled a complete list of all the cars and tracks available:

Tracks

* Monza

* Piazza del Campo (Karting Only)

* San Galgano

* Nurburgring (Nordschleife & GP)

* Rome

* Madrid

* R246

* Indy Speedway

* Toscana

* La Sarthe (chicaned)

* TG Test Track

Cars

* Ferrari P4 Race ?67

* PDI Racing Kart 100

* XJ13 ?66

* MkIV Ford ?67

* Zonda R ?09

* IS-F concept ?08

* Impreza Sedan ?10

* Z4 M Coupe ?08

* TTS Coupe ?09

* 500F ?68

* 500 1.2 8v Lounge SS ?08

* Miura P400 Bertone Prototype

* C30 R-design

* C3 Convertible

* Enzo

* SRT10 ACR ?08

* ZR1 C6 ?09

* Ford GT ?06

* SLS AMG ?10

* Citroen GT

* 458 Italia ?09

* Gallardo LP 560-4

* SLR McLaren ?09 19″

* GT-R Spec V ?09

* R8 4.2 ?07

* M5 ?08

* Esprit V8 ?02

* 2010 Jeff Gordon Impala

* 2010 Dale Earnhardt ?

* Calsonic Impul GT-R ?08

* Castrol Tom?s Supra ?97

* Impreza WRC ?08

* SX4 WRC ?08

* C4 WRC ?08

* Ford Focus WRC 07 ?08

* XKR Coupe ?10

* 135i Coupe ?07

* Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera

GTPlanet

Has the tune-up shop been dropped? It wasn't in prologue, and I haven't seen it mentioned at all recently. I'll be disappointed if it has, it was fun in the original games, although granted it became unnecessary as you progressed to the top ranks. With all the new stuff they're trying to cram in it would surely make sense to keep it as well, but I haven't seen it listed as a feature anywhere.

:drool: at the details above! No more complaining about skid marks :p

The conference with Kaz is today, so expect a load of GT5 news/videos :D

Also

1znszmh.jpg

Oh dear, the best they could do was blue, lol.

Should have done some sort of dark metallic blue like coat with red details, so using both colors in the GT5 logo.

Vile!

Who would want that in their media setup on show? As said something subtle or a nice gun metal would have been more tasteful.

Nice to see the karting gameplay finally. Expecting some nice kart tracks to be created for that.

I think those that want the game already realise the sheer scale of what Polyphony have done, those that haven't paid too much attention to it only see the fact it's taken over 5 years to create.

One thing I hope is that one of the trophies is not for 100% completion..... this game seems to have so much to do, unless it guides me through stages I'm not even sure where I will start!

I just hope they stuck to the usual slow progression of Gran Turismo games. While I think the Forza series is great, I HATED how you were driving hyper-cars after an hour. Killed both games completely for me.

I want a game where money are sparse and you have to really drive and earn your money, earn your cars. I remember back in GT3 where I raced those Sunday Club races so many times to get a lowly Mustang,

massive upgrade over the starter car but it took me so many races to earn - Then it puts you ahead for a few tournaments until you hit another wall or you have to skills to beat your opponent, which I didn't :laugh:

So I had to use the raw muscle power of the car, usually buy a car a few notches above the race at hand.

Please PD, tell me you haven't hopped on the casual-wagon.

I just hope they stuck to the usual slow progression of Gran Turismo games. While I think the Forza series is great, I HATED how you were driving hyper-cars after an hour. Killed both games completely for me.

I want a game where money are sparse and you have to really drive and earn your money, earn your cars. I remember back in GT3 where I raced those Sunday Club races so many times to get a lowly Mustang,

massive upgrade over the starter car but it took me so many races to earn - Then it puts you ahead for a few tournaments until you hit another wall or you have to skills to beat your opponent, which I didn't :laugh:

So I had to use the raw muscle power of the car, usually buy a car a few notches above the race at hand.

Please PD, tell me you haven't hopped on the casual-wagon.

+1 I hated Forza's Progression too so I hope they keep the slow progression too.

Looking forward to GT5, preordered the Signature Edition today after going back and forward on the Collectors or Signature edition as I didn't know what one to choose. :)

Karting Gameplay, omg win! :woot:

http://www.gamersyde...g-16605_en.html

That's what PD have been doing for 5 years, adding a **** ton of features, haters be gone :happy:

Karts, epic fail. We wanted F1.

Skidmarks, epic win. It's about time. That is great news.

One thing I hope is that one of the trophies is not for 100% completion..... this game seems to have so much to do, unless it guides me through stages I'm not even sure where I will start!

Like in Forza 3, you could put in 100-200 hours to get all the acheevos. I don't have that kind of time.

F1 has already been confirmed for GT5.

1610r2t.jpg

Don't expect a whole compliment of F1 cars, as we've got an official F1 game coming next month, so obviously, they're not gonna put every single car in, otherwise most people would just ignore F1 2010 and buy GT5.

Skidmarks, epic win. It's about time. That is great news.

Like in Forza 3, you could put in 100-200 hours to get all the acheevos. I don't have that kind of time.

I think we will get some F1 stuff in there as they already have the models to use. Will just not be officially licenced I guess, same as before. They've done pretty well getting the WRC/NASCAR/SuperGT in there, was sure i had read something about Indycar too, jsut can't find confirmation of that.

Course maker unveiled

Following months of speculation, Polyphony's Kazunori Yamauch finally unveiled Gran Turismo 5's track editor, known officially as the course maker.

Rather than being a fully featured editor ? a feature that, Yamauchi confessed, was tinkered with but deemed too complex ? the course maker allows players to select certain set parameters to create a track. A theme can be selected, with the Belgian High Fens or Toscana two examples, and the individual track sectors are then defined.

Sectors are edited individually, with frequency of curves, sharpness of corners, degree of topography and banking angle are set with a series of sliders.

Yamauchi created one for the purpose of the demo, a 10km run through the Belgian High Fens. It was sparse but not without sparkle, with rolling hills and fields and the occasional environmental feature like a small village giving it the feeling of a long and winding country road.

Karts were also confirmed for Gran Turismo 5, and Yamauchi revealed that originally this was a feature intended for Gran Turismo 6 ? but after it leaked Polyphony decided to put it in this iteration.

We'll have full impressions of Gran Turismo 5 for you later today.

Original article @ IGN

Do we know if Karts are limited to certain tracks?

Would love to get some Kart racing with friends going on the nurburgring, lol.

No idea. I know there's at least one track that's only limited to karts.

I think we will get some F1 stuff in there as they already have the models to use. Will just not be officially licenced I guess, same as before. They've done pretty well getting the WRC/NASCAR/SuperGT in there, was sure i had read something about Indycar too, jsut can't find confirmation of that.

We got a single F1 car in GT5 Prologue, which we all know how you got to race that. They have confirmed WRC Series and NASCAR Series in the game. But they have not shown anything related to F1. I haven't seen a single video or game demo with any F1 series in it. We want more than just one or two F1 cars. And we surely want F1 way before Mario Kart.

Would really need to see a video or some pics of the course maker in action before deciding if it is actually going to be any use, lol.

That would be a great addition, especially if they can be put in public matchmaking. I hope it's better than the PGR iteration, where you just put up invisible walls on existing tracks.

We got a single F1 car in GT5 Prologue, which we all know how you got to race that. They have confirmed WRC Series and NASCAR Series in the game. But they have not shown anything related to F1. I haven't seen a single video or game demo with any F1 series in it. We want more than just one or two F1 cars. And we surely want F1 way before Mario Kart.

And like I said earlier, it won't happen, because there's an official F1 game coming out next month.

They'll probably have the old Ferrari F2007 in there again, but not much else.

I'd love for them to put in some classic F1 cars. After playing Grand Prix Legends, I'd love to have some of those 1967 F1 cars in GT5. It won't happen, but it'd be nice.