861042878.jpg

Gran Turismo 5

created by

Killa Aaron (post creator, he deserves all of the props) with help from rajputwarrior

Release Date: November 24th (EU, NA, HK); November 25th (JP, AU)

Developer: Polyphony Digital Inc.

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Platform: PS3

564756046t.jpg

Gran Turismo 5 is the fifth edition of the Gran Turismo racing simulator series. Developed by Polyphony Digital and published by Sony Computer Entertainment, it is due for release in North and Latin America on November 2, 2010 and both Europe and Japan on November 3, 2010 on the PlayStation 3. Other regions' release dates are to be announced. It expands on the Prologue version and will be the first of the main numbered series to feature on the PlayStation 3.

For the first time in the main series, an online mode will be available in the game, with 16 player capability. A damage model has been confirmed with variations of damage depending on whether the vehicle is "standard" or "premium". The final vehicle count for the game is not clear, with the number ranging between over 1,000 to 950 cars. The game will feature 20 different locations and 70 different tracks. Night racing will make a reappearance for GT5, with every course having the option for night racing.

World Rally Championship, NASCAR, and Super GT licenses will be featured for the first time in the Gran Turismo franchise.

New Features

o Detailed damage model has been confirmed with variations of damage depending on whether the vehicle is "standard" or "premium".

o Weather effects are confirmed to be included, although the extent of the implementation is currently unknown.

o GT5 will have optional Stereoscopic-3D.

o Head tracking with the PS eye to look left and right in the interior of the cars.

o Go-Karting will make its first ever appearance in Gran Turismo 5.

298124838t.jpg870442674t.jpg236888983t.jpg162973735t.jpg

o Dynamic skidmarks, dust and grass being kicked up and affected by other elements and the ability for drivers to use turn signals ,reverse lights and flash their headlights.

o A new feature that will be included for the first time in the GT franchise will be a Course Maker.

534851780t.jpg279993621t.jpg

o Photomode allows users to take, save and upload photos of their cars up to 18 Megapixels.

503909535t.jpg331624448t.jpg786666842t.jpg332833879t.jpg180337207t.jpg913408313t.jpg

Tracks

Gran Turismo 5 will feature 20 different locations and 70 different tracks. This is a significant leap from the previous iteration in the main numbered series, Gran Turismo 4, which featured 51 total tracks. Dunsfold Park, located in the United Kingdom – the test track of the British automotive television show Top Gear – will be included in the game. The playable demo of Gran Turismo 5 at Gamescom 2009 featured the Tokyo Route 246 track, seen in previous incarnations of the game. Various real-life circuits will be returning from previous games in the series. These include Daytona International Speedway, Nürburgring Nordschleife, Tsukuba Circuit. New circuits will be included in the game, these include Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Monza circuit, a special karting track based around the Piazza del Campo - a historic public space in Tuscany, Italy used for the Palio di Siena, and two new Rome and Madrid city circuits.

Damage Detailed

Gran Turismo 5 will include both mechanical and external damage modeling, including a real-time deformation engine that will process model deformation according to the speed and angle of impact. In addition, it was revealed at the 2009 Tokyo Game Show that it will also be possible to overturn cars for the first time in the series. The vehicles in GT5 will be separated into "standard" and "premium" vehicles. Standard vehicles will feature a very basic damage model with scratches, dirt and dents appearing on the car in the event of an accident as well as internal, mechanical damage. The more detailed "premium" vehicles will feature the full damage model with more accurate damage such as panels being ripped off.

Vehicles

Polyphony Digital aims to achieve the 1000-car milestone but actual details on the number of cars in the game is still unclear, with the number ranging between 950, 1,000 and 1,000+. Lamborghini and Bugatti will make their first appearance in the game, following on from their introduction in Gran Turismo PSP, and it has been confirmed the new "gullwing" Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG will appear, along with Ferrari's recently unveiled 458 Italia. McLaren will also make their first appearance in GT5 as a native manufacturer, with the inclusion of the McLaren F1 road car (the F1 GTR race version was in Gran Turismo 4, but was included in BMW's dealership). Le Mans spec cars will make a return appearance. Early demos show no damage and only one track but more details may be revealed before the game is released. In an article briefly posted on Polyphony Digital's website, the introduction of electric cars was confirmed; this includes the latest Tesla Motors vehicle. Hybrids were previously included in Gran Turismo 4 with the Toyota Prius and the Honda Insight. At the 2009 Tokyo Game Show, Yamauchi mentioned that the latest hybrid and electric cars will be included, including the Tesla Roadster. The cars in GT5 will be separated into two types, "standard" and "premium". Standard cars will have standard headlights, very basic interior modelling and basic damage modelling. Premium cars will be extremely detailed inside and out, have headlights capable of high and low beams and an extensive, detailed damage model. The game will feature significantly fewer "premium" cars because they take longer to model.

Car Tuning

Car tuning returns to the franchise and has been revamped, but in depth details has yet to be revealed at this time.

Click to enlage

440272766t.jpg197803556t.jpg617898863t.jpg550595276t.jpg700511345t.jpg525990379t.jpg

Gran Turismo 5 Editions

Collector's Edition

A highly-desirable upgrade for serious racers and motoring fans, this eye-catching edition comes with plenty of added horsepower inside its high-end collector’s box. As well as the game itself, you’ll get:

• Exclusive Special Edition inlay sleeve art

• Exclusive limited edition 1:43 scale diecast 2009 Nissan GT-R Spec V with custom Gran Turismo livery

• 200+ page ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine with hints on driving technique, car tuning, future technologies and more

• Five Collector’s Edition artcards featuring exclusive artwork

• In-game ‘ChromeLine’ vehicle pack: five performance-enhanced cars ready to race

• Exclusive dynamic theme to customize your PS3 XMB

• Custom etched Gran Turismo key chain

More info @ Gran-Turismo.com

Signature Edition

Reminiscent of a no-expense-spared supercar launch, this luxury edition puts the pedal to the metal as soon as you open its contoured steel case – which is finished in Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG ‘Obsidian Black’. As well as the game, the ‘Apex’ driver’s magazine and the ChromeLine car pack, you’ll get:

• An exclusive, branded Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG 1:43 scale model car

• A Gran Turismo leather wallet and metal Gran Turismo key fob

• A Signature Edition coffee table book featuring the beautiful cars and locations of Gran Turismo

• A Gran Turismo 5 USB key with a trailer showing the collaboration between Mercedes-Benz and Polyphony that brought the SLS AMG to screen

• Six additional in-game ‘Stealth’ cars including the McLaren F1 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and a dynamic theme

• For those 18 or over and resident in a participating country, the chance to win a real-life Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG

More Info @ Gran-Turismo.com

Tech Specs

• Over 1000 cars
  • Racing styles include road, rally, drift and Nascar
  • 1-2 players local
  • 1-16 online
  • Dualshock 3
  • Headset
  • 3d game
  • 1080p output
  • Firmware 3.50 or higher required

Trailers

Patch List

November 27th

"We received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play. We're going to perform an update on the 27th that will include things like max power restrictions and weight restrictions," Yamauchi said.

http://www.eurogamer...ed-for-saturday

wasnt this game suppose to come out like 10 years ago lol

it will come out when it is ready. we will be more disappointed if the game releases early and it sucks.

it will come out when it is ready. we will be more disappointed if the game releases early and it sucks.

No matter how long it takes someone is gonna hate on it. They will find something wrong with it and b*tch and complain about it.They arnt going to please every one. With the amount of time they've already taken id think they should be pretty damn close if not finished polishing the game. If they still have major flaws in the game then id just forget about it.

I hope the track editor is better than the PGR track editor (adding invisible walls to existing tracks). That will rock if we can make our own.

Some really nice additions.Lets see...

we will be more disappointed if the game releases early and it sucks.

And even more if the game releases late and still sucks.

Seriously, go-karts? I know ragging on a product for including things is a bit questionable, but I think their project requirements have completely gone out of the window. They haven't got a clue about what they should, and what they should not include, they're sticking everything including the kitchen sink in this, which is nice, but you know, it's meant to be a racing game, and they're kind of going outside the scope of that. And it has for sure affected release dates.

Seriously, go-karts? I know ragging on a product for including things is a bit questionable, but I think their project requirements have completely gone out of the window. They haven't got a clue about what they should, and what they should not include, they're sticking everything including the kitchen sink in this, which is nice, but you know, it's meant to be a racing game, and they're kind of going outside the scope of that. And it has for sure affected release dates.

Agreed. They seem to have completely lost the core concept of their own series. They said last year this game was completely ready to come out, yet they keep adding stuff. Just release the damn game

Go-karts are part of racing to, NASCAR and Indy drivers grew up racing go-carts, so its not so much as a stretch.

Theres a reason why its "The ultimate driving sim". It would be boring with all one type of car just driving around on street circuits, they have always pushed the boundaries as to what type of cars to include like rally cars, unlicensed F1 cars, concept cars, classic cars. Now they are adding more types like Nascar and Go Kart, if its not going to impact the quality of the product i see no problem with including more types of cars and i dont have any issues with waiting longer ive waited years so far whats another few months. You people must be the only people that whine when a company wants to improve its product and give the buyer more value for money?

Instead of go karts (sigh), they could have worked on making the 800 standard cars, premium.

Didn't they say it took them a few months to make a 'premium' car? Not sure how long it would take for 800 cars.

Anyway, will these go-karts be used on standard tracks? Because if so, the races are going to take ages :p

Go Karts would take far less time to implement with the level of detail that they are than more premium cars.

That's fine. Even if we can't get all 800 as premium, more would have been nice.

Anyway, will these go-karts be used on standard tracks? Because if so, the races are going to take ages :p

Go Karts on N?rburgring confirmed for endurance race! :laugh:

It's not often I say DLC is a good idea but they could have put the unlicenced F1 cars, NASCAR, Go-Karts and so on in separate DLC packs and finished them when the game was shipped. Life of the game is extended and people can play/pay for what they like. Though I have to commend them for getting so much content on the disc for the one price.

Didn't they say it took them a few months to make a 'premium' car? Not sure how long it would take for 800 cars.

Karts vary widely in speed and some (known as Superkarts) can reach speeds exceeding 160 miles per hour (260 km/h)

Love the idea of go-karts. I want to check out this game just as much as anyone but at the same time I am not into the "sim" type racing. So the addition of go-karts at least leaves me with something else if the GT mode isnt for me.

Go Karts on N?rburgring confirmed for endurance race! :laugh:

It's not often I say DLC is a good idea but they could have put the unlicenced F1 cars, NASCAR, Go-Karts and so on in separate DLC packs and finished them when the game was shipped. Life of the game is extended and people can play/pay for what they like. Though I have to commend them for getting so much content on the disc for the one price.

They would bring up too many haters saying how much a rip off it is to have DLC (unless of course you were saying it would be free - then its fine, although people would complain about the DL speeds on the PSN).