Gran Turismo 5

official sim gran turismo polyphony digital ps3

• Please log in to reply
3431 replies to this topic

#16 Richard Hammond

Richard Hammond

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:56

Theres a reason why its "The ultimate driving sim". It would be boring with all one type of car just driving around on street circuits, they have always pushed the boundaries as to what type of cars to include like rally cars, unlicensed F1 cars, concept cars, classic cars. Now they are adding more types like Nascar and Go Kart, if its not going to impact the quality of the product i see no problem with including more types of cars and i dont have any issues with waiting longer ive waited years so far whats another few months. You people must be the only people that whine when a company wants to improve its product and give the buyer more value for money?

#17 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:30

Instead of go karts (sigh), they could have worked on making the 800 standard cars, premium.

#18 Richard Hammond

Richard Hammond

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:32

Go Karts would take far less time to implement with the level of detail that they are than more premium cars.

#19 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:35

Instead of go karts (sigh), they could have worked on making the 800 standard cars, premium.

Didn't they say it took them a few months to make a 'premium' car? Not sure how long it would take for 800 cars.

Anyway, will these go-karts be used on standard tracks? Because if so, the races are going to take ages :p

#20 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:37

Go Karts would take far less time to implement with the level of detail that they are than more premium cars.

That's fine. Even if we can't get all 800 as premium, more would have been nice.

#21 Spookie

Spookie

Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:39

Anyway, will these go-karts be used on standard tracks? Because if so, the races are going to take ages :p

Go Karts on Nürburgring confirmed for endurance race! :laugh:

It's not often I say DLC is a good idea but they could have put the unlicenced F1 cars, NASCAR, Go-Karts and so on in separate DLC packs and finished them when the game was shipped. Life of the game is extended and people can play/pay for what they like. Though I have to commend them for getting so much content on the disc for the one price.

#22 MR_Candyman

MR_Candyman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 June 2010 - 17:29

Didn't they say it took them a few months to make a 'premium' car? Not sure how long it would take for 800 cars.

Karts vary widely in speed and some (known as Superkarts) can reach speeds exceeding 160 miles per hour (260 km/h)

#23 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 22 June 2010 - 17:40

Seriously, go-karts? I know ragging on a product for including things is a bit questionable, but I think their project requirements have completely gone out of the window. They haven't got a clue about what they should, and what they should not include, they're sticking everything including the kitchen sink in this, which is nice, but you know, it's meant to be a racing game, and they're kind of going outside the scope of that. And it has for sure affected release dates.

Love the idea of go-karts. I want to check out this game just as much as anyone but at the same time I am not into the "sim" type racing. So the addition of go-karts at least leaves me with something else if the GT mode isnt for me.

Go Karts on Nürburgring confirmed for endurance race! :laugh:

It's not often I say DLC is a good idea but they could have put the unlicenced F1 cars, NASCAR, Go-Karts and so on in separate DLC packs and finished them when the game was shipped. Life of the game is extended and people can play/pay for what they like. Though I have to commend them for getting so much content on the disc for the one price.

They would bring up too many haters saying how much a rip off it is to have DLC (unless of course you were saying it would be free - then its fine, although people would complain about the DL speeds on the PSN).

#24 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:16

:drool:

#25 Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:20

Welcome back baby :heart:

#26 Sethos

Sethos

The Neowin Pessimist

Posted 25 June 2010 - 13:21

Can't wait, the graphics alone will have me sitting, starring at the monitor for hours. (Y)

#27 Jimmy0

Jimmy0

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:29

Are my eyes deceiving me or are both AB and Sethos back in the GH?

:woot:

#28 Kvally

Kvally

Neowin Veteran

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:35

Indeed. Glad to see Sethos back. Posted Image

#29 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 25 June 2010 - 15:49

Wait, i think someone else is using Sethos' account. Or he's being massively sarcastic, in which case it is him. :p

#30 AbandonedTrolley

AbandonedTrolley

Dexter Freak

Posted 25 June 2010 - 20:14

Wait, i think someone else is using Sethos' account. Or he's being massively sarcastic, in which case it is him. :p

Sethos has BIG love for GT5 so nope I don't think that there was any sarcasm in his post :)