OMG, I got a negative vote! What for?

From today, Staff and MVC's (Most Valuable Contributors) may vote a post down, this can happen under the following scenarios:

• You derailed the thread, and a staff member or MVC decided that your post didn't contribute to the discussion at all.
  • You were warned for breaking our community rules, the staffer may vote down the offending post as well as issue a warning/restriction.
  • You complained in the thread that someone negatively voted you, in this instance I will join in the vote process too.

These are really the only scenarios that are valid to negative voting.

Over time the reputation system will start to reflect a true karma of a user for their contributions, because now it's impossible to accurately see if a member is a good contributor or not, for new members.

Get ready for the massive surge of people who doesn't realise how limited the new system is and thinks they will get a negative vote at every turn.

Excellent addition (Y)

Get ready for the massive surge of people who doesn't realise how limited the new system is and thinks they will get a negative vote at every turn.

You mean people like him?

This is really great, I hope the mods use it A LOT. I really think that it will put people off posting stupid replies if they think they're going to get a red mark on their post. Maybe at some point in the future you can make it turn the whole post red or collapse it or something.

Why do MVCs get the opportunity to vote?

Because they are a proven to be decent fellows.

Already spotted a flaw in our system.. when a staffer votes down it doesn't stop someone cancelling the vote by applying a positive vote, will make this a priority to block + votes when a - vote has been applied.

Thanks for highlighting the issue, (whoever did).

You mean people like him?

I understand perfectly how the system works.

• I post something at MVC "Alpha"'s thread on something's he's expert about
  • "Alpha" doesn't like what I type
  • "Alpha" doesn't like that I disagree with him, votes me down
  • I recruit brentaal to upboat me
  • ??????
  • Profit!

So if you are "in" the inner circle of friends with the staff that means you are trustworthy enough to have the ability to down vote, gotchya.

• Like 3

Why do MVCs get the opportunity to vote?

If you earn a MVC title you most likely know what to down vote. MVC's are considered staff to me.

I understand perfectly how the system works.

• I post something at MVC "Alpha"'s thread on something's he's expert about
  • "Alpha" doesn't like what I type
  • "Alpha" doesn't like that I disagree with him, votes me down
  • I recruit brentaal to upboat me
  • ??????
  • Profit!

For now yes, but:

Already spotted a flaw in our system.. when a staffer votes down it doesn't stop someone cancelling the vote by applying a positive vote, will make this a priority to block + votes when a - vote has been applied.

Thanks for highlighting the issue, (whoever did).

If you earn a MVC title you most likely know what to down vote. MVC's are considered staff to me.

Not to me, the staff vote on MVC so all that says to me is that the person that is "in" with more of the staff is more likely to get an MVC.

Not to me, the staff vote on MVC so all that says to me is that the person that is "in" with more of the staff is more likely to get an MVC.

Everyone, including you is "in" with me, in a special kind of way.

So if you are "in" the inner circle of friends with the staff that means you are trustworthy enough to have the ability to down vote, gotchya.

Won't name names, but I actually agree with this on a couple of the MVC's.