Windows 7 - Duel Monitors - No Stretch?

Question

Hard to explain lol, I have duel monitors set up on my PC, both through VGA and both through same graphics card, I can drag stuf from one screen to the other thats fine and works a treat, i have ''Extend my desktop'' ticked etc and that all went through fine, I have a huge res duel wallpaper but it wont stretch to my other monitor it just displays the same on both monitors?

How can i fix this so it stretches along the 2? The size is huge so should be able to stretch?

Any ideas?

Cheers

EDIT: Pic to help you understand lol

img0079fa.jpg

It should look like this -

http://tienod.deviantart.com/art/DeepSky-12-73542896?q=boost%3Apopular+in%3Acustomization%2Fwallpaper%2Fmultidisplay&qo=42

10 answers to this question

If you are using NVIDIA graphics, have a look around in the nvidia control panel and try use its dual monitor settings. Windows itself only lets you set up multiple displays separately, whereas the nvidia drivers can trick Windows into thinking your setup is one big monitor (so if you had two 1680x1050 monitors, Windows would see 3360x1050). I'm fairly sure you can do something similar in ATi's drivers. While this will fix your wallpaper problem, it could be annoying because when you maximise windows, they'll maximise over both screens.

On windows 7, its extremely simple to do this, you dont need special software or any addons.

Just set the display method (Picture Position) to TILE., if you use any of the other options you will not get the image to appear as a single image across both screens.

Put this in the explorer bar if your using windows 7 :-

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Desktop Background

Go to Picture position ans select TILE and your done.

On windows 7, its extremely simple to do this, you dont need special software or any addons.

Just set the display method (Picture Position) to TILE., if you use any of the other options you will not get the image to appear as a single image across both screens.

Put this in the explorer bar if your using windows 7 :-

Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Personalization\Desktop Background

Go to Picture position ans select TILE and your done.

There's a difference between tile and stretch. I know where you are coming from with this but that isn't want the OP is looking for. Unless the wallpaper's resolution overlays the resolution of BOTH monitors, the tile option is useless.

He wants to stretch a wallpaper (perhaps too small to natively fit both monitors' resolutions snuggly) onto both monitors. I suggest DisplayFusion for this as it can span the wallpaper onto multiple monitors as mentioned before. Otherwise, get a large enough wallpaper and apply it as a tile as yellowperil suggested.

There's a difference between tile and stretch. I know where you are coming from with this but that isn't want the OP is looking for. Unless the wallpaper's resolution overlays the resolution of BOTH monitors, the tile option is useless.

He wants to stretch a wallpaper (perhaps too small to natively fit both monitors' resolutions snuggly) onto both monitors. I suggest DisplayFusion for this as it can span the wallpaper onto multiple monitors as mentioned before. Otherwise, get a large enough wallpaper and apply it as a tile as yellowperil suggested.

actually OP is using a dual-mon wallpaper, he linked it in the post.

As previous people have stated, you must use "Tile" instead of stretch for duel monitors. The wallpaper used must match the combined resolution of both monitors also.

I second UltraMon. Awesome app.

Why are you using VGA instead of DVI for this? DVI is much better...

It is? I use DVI, but I can't really tell the difference between DVI and VGA on any of the monitors I've used (besides not having to make minor adjustments at times to H and V positioning).