97 votes

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1,011 posts in this topic

Posted

adeu5t.png
RELEASE DATE: July 27th, 2010
bk6ma.png2vs40a1.png
2079mqp.pngn5ocr6.png5jscwy.png
"Time to kick some serious butt!"

Posted

Like I said in the other thread...

I would love to wait in live. Even waiting 6-12 hours is okay with me. But no stores are doing this here...

Maybe for Starcraft 3! :woot:

The Beta was great, it absolutely beats the crap out of most new final version games. Hopefully I'll be able to get the game in the first few months. Student in a different city, so I'm kind of short on cash. :)

Only a few more days, its going to be crazy. :laugh:

Posted

Have blizz said when the Zerg or Protoss expansions/campaigns are meant to follow?

Posted

I am so ready... did anyone notice my new Avatar and Sig? ;)

Posted

Here is a great new trailer.

I played the beta for a bit, and the graphics are incredible (and a fresh upgrade), as was the music, making the soundtrack in the collector's edition (CE) a nice addition. Then again, all of the soundtracks in Blizzard games' CEs are nice ;). If you're also a WoW player, an in-game pet is a fun addition. The item in the CE that really sells it for me is the "dog tag" USB stick with the original Starcraft Anthology pre-loaded on it. IMO that's a huge bonus, and sets it apart from all of their previous CEs. You can use it to introduce someone else to Starcraft, or get rid of your physical media that's been in a box for several years.

Have fun Starcraft fans!

Posted

Here is a great new trailer.

I played the beta for a bit, and the graphics are incredible (and a fresh upgrade), as was the music, making the soundtrack in the collector's edition (CE) a nice addition. Then again, all of the soundtracks in Blizzard games' CEs are nice ;). If you're also a WoW player, an in-game pet is a fun addition. The item in the CE that really sells it for me is the "dog tag" USB stick with the original Starcraft Anthology pre-loaded on it. IMO that's a huge bonus, and sets it apart from all of their previous CEs. You can use it to introduce someone else to Starcraft, or get rid of your physical media that's been in a box for several years.

Have fun Starcraft fans!

Video already up in Original Post. (Y).

Posted

Have blizz said when the Zerg or Protoss expansions/campaigns are meant to follow?

No, but hopefully no more than 1 year between. The base of the game is done and so is the multiplayer part. Also they had planned to release the game(s) as one package, so I would believe the other parts are close to finished also. I can't imagine them using more than that time period between the releases. The expansion for the original Starcraft was released half a year after the original.

Posted

Who's with me on completing the campaign on Insane? :rofl:

Posted

No thanks. I don't want to play the campaign against copies of 15-year-old 350-APM Korean kids.

Posted

I would be down if I could somehow play through the campaign as Protoss. My Terran skills are sadly lacking.

No thanks. I don't want to play the campaign against copies of 15-year-old 350-APM Korean kids.

350? That's a little high for Koreans. Maybe 200-300. :p

Posted

im still deciding if im going to get a physical copy or a digital copy. what do you think anaron?

Posted

Very excited for this. Have my collectors pre ordered and ready to go however, i will not get to take full advantage of it until Next Wed. Due to having to be in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday :(

Posted

im still deciding if im going to get a physical copy or a digital copy. what do you think anaron?

Go for the physical copy. And get the Collector's Edition if you can. (Y)

Very excited for this. Have my collectors pre ordered and ready to go however, i will not get to take full advantage of it until Next Wed. Due to having to be in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday :(

That sucks. I guess you can take comfort in the fact that the game will be waiting for you next Wednesday.

Posted

So who's getting their hands on their copy on the 27th? I got my copy at GameBuzz reserved and was assured I could go pick it up on that day.

Posted

Pre-ordered :D

Posted

That sucks. I guess you can take comfort in the fact that the game will be waiting for you next Wednesday.

Yes, I can I already asked them if I was allowed to bring a notebook computer with me so that I could play the game during the tests, however they told me that it would interfere with the equipment.

Posted

I'll be buying it online on the 27th since I'm not in the US, otherwise I'd of gotten the collectors edition pre-order.

Posted

So, 5 more days :)

Posted

I'll be buying it online on the 27th since I'm not in the US, otherwise I'd of gotten the collectors edition pre-order.

I have the digital version downloaded in case I'm unable to purchase a physical copy for whatever reason (e.g. availability, mobility, etc).

Posted

Prays CEs get a price drop somewhere in a month or 2.

Posted

this is a blizzard game you'll be lucky if there are ce's still on the shelf for full price in a month or 2.

Posted

Well, Graphics is Good!

Posted

I'll be getting this as soon as DELL fixes my laptop's overheating problems when gaming.

Posted

There's a reason that Starcraft is the best selling game and a reason that it is called Limited Collector's Edition. So in other words, you probably won't find it.

Posted

My copy officially shipped yesterday afternoon, at the latest I'll have it on monday :D