97 members have voted

1. 1. What race do you play as (the most)?

• Protoss
    • Terran
    • Zerg
    • Random

The WoW tie in is bad, but lets break it down whats in collectors.

Game ='s 60

Soundtrack ='s 15 generally

Book ='s 20 easily

Flash Drive ALONE ='s 20$. Not only is it 2 gigs, but limited edition and hard to find, those sell for more then nromal 2gb price.

Sc1 and brood war = $20. The battlechest retails for 20 still.

So lets add that up, besides the game, all the content itself comes out to $75 which makes the game roughly $25. Or if you wanna look at it realistically like I have, its $40 for game and $60 for content which is ultimately why I got the Collectors. There was NO WAY IN HELL im paying $60 for a god damn PC game and let alone starcraft with its campaigns that will hopefully be $20-30. But, after I look at it, I want the game anyway and the Collectors Edition made the most sense to me, so I went with it.

I feel better buying the collectors then just the game for $60. This way im getting more content and paying "less" for the game.

I thought the 176 page art book should be pretty sweet. I'd pay $20 just for that.

Yes, but I can't put a book on my desk without it seeming like I just want other people to see it there. That's where the figurines come in.

Actually the book (and the case) are the only things on the collector's edition that seem appealing to me.

The flash drive is nice, but 2GB? What is this? 2007? And I already own the original Starcraft battle chest.

I just wish the collector's edition would include some nice figurine to put in my office.

Also, the lame WoW pet means nothing to me... I don't even play WoW.

If the WoW pet is a separate code, I'll take it off your hands. I collect pets in WoW. :)

Sc1 battle chest is $9.99 on amazon. Not that it matters much. :laugh:

Shame on anybody who doesn't already own it ;).

As for the Collector's Edition, I'm not getting it, but it seems like a damn good deal in my humble opinion. That art book is 176 pages, which makes it a pretty substantial improvement over the art books that are usually thrown in to other games (most of which are around the 10-15 page mark). The DVD and the soundtrack are pretty cool as well if you're a fan of the whole Starcraft world. That's basically what it came down to for me at the end of the day: as cool as that stuff is, I've never had a huge interest in the Starcraft world, so it didn't make sense for me to get the Collector's Edition.

Shame on anybody who doesn't already own it ;).

I don't own it, but what I do own is the Original SC + BW Boxes ...(including the games obviously). But in my case, I am a big Starcraft fan.. the only thing for me for the CE is probaby the Artbook (but you can't display it really as you said).. and the DVD. I can probably find the DVD rip on the net sometime after so.. I'm not to worried.

This is something I found.. if you are looking for a new graphics card for SC2. They did a bunch of tests and stuff (Y).

This is something I found.. if you are looking for a new graphics card for SC2. They did a bunch of tests and stuff (Y).

interesting. Thankfully rts dont require most modern cards.

For those people who needs some catching up with the SC story.

Nice, thanks for the link :). Although after watching that, I'm actually a little sad that I missed out on the story in Starcraft. It does seem like it's quite well done. I'm definitely going to give the single-player in Starcraft II a fair shake this time.

Nice, thanks for the link :). Although after watching that, I'm actually a little sad that I missed out on the story in Starcraft. It does seem like it's quite well done. I'm definitely going to give the single-player in Starcraft II a fair shake this time.

That video is a disaster. :D The story is quite more epic.

what can you expect.. it's the whole story in 5mins. :laugh:

Just been checking through my emails and it seems my copy of SC2: CE shipped Friday, so hopefully I should have it on Monday. Pity I'll be at work. Still I'm having fun playing through the original SC, I forgot how good the gameplay and story actually are. Playing through you don't even notice how bad the gfx are compared to todays games. Just goes to prove that gameplay is indeed better than gfx.

AStaley

"there is no cow level"

Just been checking through my emails and it seems my copy of SC2: CE shipped Friday, so hopefully I should have it on Monday. Pity I'll be at work. Still I'm having fun playing through the original SC, I forgot how good the gameplay and story actually are. Playing through you don't even notice how bad the gfx are compared to todays games. Just goes to prove that gameplay is indeed better than gfx.

AStaley

"there is no cow level"

I hope we do get some cheats in the game.. "Power Overwhelming" XD

I preordered the normal version. It will be my girlfriend's birthday present. Let's hope it runs on her laptop.

as long as it meets the requirements, it should run.

That couldn't be more true.

I first played Starcraft at least 10 years ago, and it is one of the only games I never stopped playing. With custom maps/gamemodes, the game simply never got old.

The only thing that's stopping me from playing Starcraft now is Starcraft II. :p

It does reduce the epic-ness of the story significantly.

what can you expect.. it's the whole story in 5mins.??:laugh:

The "New Era" and "Uncertain Future" (in that order) videos here?http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/index.xml explain it pretty well too.

Just been checking through my emails and it seems my copy of SC2: CE shipped Friday, so hopefully I should have it on Monday.??Pity I'll be at work.??Still I'm having fun playing through the original SC, I forgot how good the gameplay and story actually are.??Playing through you don't even notice how bad the gfx are compared to todays games.??Just goes to prove that gameplay is indeed better than gfx.

AStaley

"there is no cow level"

I agree SCs gameplay is fantastic.

So I'm a little confused. Wings of Liberty will only have the Terran's as a playable race in terms of the single player missions? So then are the future expansions suppose to add the other races respected missions?

So I'm a little confused. Wings of Liberty will only have the Terran's as a playable race in terms of the single player missions? So then are the future expansions suppose to add the other races respected missions?

yes, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will continue the story of Starcraft II after Wings of Liberty.

Does anyone know what is included in the box of the standard edition?

Starcraft 1 included the manual which had a lot of awesome backstory to read... I'm thinking about buying the digital edition since here in Mexico they'll only sell the Spanish version and the English one probably has waaaay better voice acting.

Does anyone know what is included in the box of the standard edition?

Starcraft 1 included the manual which had a lot of awesome backstory to read... I'm thinking about buying the digital edition since here in Mexico they'll only sell the Spanish version and the English one probably has waaaay better voice acting.

the game , a quickstart guide (if its the same one as the isntaller has the story from the first two games ect leading up to starcraft 2) , 3 guest passes (2 starcraft ones , and 1 wow).

Have blizz said when the Zerg or Protoss expansions/campaigns are meant to follow?

Nope; however, you won't need either expansion to play as Protoss or Zerg (you can play as any of the three races from the jump; I played during the entire beta as Protoss).

Since the beta was MP-only, I am still curious as to the *single-player* side of things in WoL (during original SC/BW, I played very little MP, to be honest).

If you are used to old-school SC/BW graphics, prepare to get knocked off your pins (even if you are playing at Low detail). SC2 is one of those rare titles that remains a feast for the eyes even at the lowest levels of detail (while still severely smacking down even a fully patched SC: Anthology in that area). With that stated, despite the DX9c/XP system-requirement floor, the game does take advantage of DX10 (and even DX11) features at higher levels of detail, so if you have the requisite hardware and operating system, you can crank up the LOD even further; however, unlike Crysis, it won't cost a mint (or even half a mint) to max out the detail. I typically played at 1280x720 with either High or Ultra detail...on a PC running 7 Ultimate x64 with a Celeron DC E1200 and AMD HD5450 GPU (both clocked bone-stock; in fact, the HD5450 is fanless).

In short, budget hardware.

You can also trade resolution for detail (1680x1050 and Medium or 1920x1080 and Low sacrificed only detail level, not playability). However, other than detail level, there was no real advantage to scaling resolution up and detail down to maintain framerates; and the *sweet spot* is heavily subjective for each individual (some players may prefer the highest level of detail, while others are perfectly willing to play at the tallest resolution and lowest detail level); experimentation is decidedly a necessary.

The one turn-off for some, however, is the need for an Interrnet connection to even *install* the game from DVD (fortunately, for those that are sure they are going to do an e-purchase, you can download, but not install, the entire game from Blizzard right now).