Photo

315km/h MacBook Pro drop

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 freedonX

freedonX

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2010 - 15:46

It is a MacBook Pro afterall. Should have better quality parts than a 'normal' Mac Book. Like saying Dell Inspiron (or whatever they're called now) to a Latitude. Anyone who hasn't tried it, grab it with your hands with the lid open and try to squeeze it. On the Inspiron you're scared it's going to brake, but not on the Latitude

#17 bolerodan

bolerodan

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2010 - 15:47

Should be able to buff that right out....

#18 +warwagon

warwagon

Only you can prevent forest fires.

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:34

No Problem!! Just buy this

#19 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 68

Posted 27 July 2010 - 16:37

Wow that it still works :p

#20 OP julianbl

julianbl

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:17

It's only 3 weeks old... should I take it to the warranty? would apple take it? :D

#21 gian

gian

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:22

Tell them the condition of their product is unacceptable for you and demand a refund :rofl:

#22 MR_Candyman

MR_Candyman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:29

I would be interested to know what bike it is since not very many can do that speed.

oh, and they're all limited to 300km/h now

Since 2001, the major motorcycle manufacturers have been adhering to a “gentlemen’s agreement” to limit their hyper-bikes to 186 mph (300 km/h).

#23 Jasur

Jasur

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:36

I would be interested to know what bike it is since not very many can do that speed.

Exactly as above and also wind, temperature, humidity all play a part at those speeds.

And also, 315kmp/h, you would have to be in full leathers and wouldnt be stupid to have a back pack at those speeds.

#24 TokyoKiller

TokyoKiller

Neowinian Canuck

Posted 27 July 2010 - 18:38

It is a MacBook Pro afterall. Should have better quality parts than a 'normal' Mac Book. Like saying Dell Inspiron (or whatever they're called now) to a Latitude. Anyone who hasn't tried it, grab it with your hands with the lid open and try to squeeze it. On the Inspiron you're scared it's going to brake, but not on the Latitude

This is a low-end MacBook Pro, which at one point was a MacBook.

Either way, I can tell you a Latitude would not come out in one piece like this thing did...not even a Lenovo ThinkPad.

Apple's Unibody design helped a lot in this situation.

#25 Xtreme $niper

Xtreme $niper

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:17

I'm very impressed. After seeing the pics I thought it was a goner and it would be some kind of sob story. Glad it works! ... even if it's through some indirect way.

But yeah, at least the pieces stayed together. If it were other PC laptops, chances are the parts would have separated and the connections would have been severed.

Maybe with enough coverage, Apple might send you a replacement. ;)

#26 Pupik

Pupik

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:25

I as well have doubts about the speed we're talking about here. No way this is the damage, after a drop in 315 KMPH(!).

#27 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:28

Nice that it kinda survived.

I dropped my old MacBook Pro down a flight of stairs, and it still worked okay - it's just half the LCD died. :p Got a huge £1,300 payout for that under an insurance policy tho.

Woop.

#28 OP julianbl

julianbl

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:43

I don't know the exact model of the motorcycle, but's a BMW.

I'm waiting for a video taken by the motorcycle's camera that, I was told, shows the speed and the shoulder of the guy when the macbook flew away.

jasur, the guy was wearing all the leather stuff... but the back pack was just standard. Thanks to that, we have all this nice images :D

#29 Zmijutin

Zmijutin

Neowinian

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:44

Damn dude... You got any pictures of bike? :p

#30 MR_Candyman

MR_Candyman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 July 2010 - 19:47

I don't know the exact model of the motorcycle, but's a BMW.

I'm waiting for a video taken by the motorcycle's camera that, I was told, shows the speed and the shoulder of the guy when the macbook flew away.

jasur, the guy was wearing all the leather stuff... but the back pack was just standard. Thanks to that, we have all this nice images :D

The fastest BMW is the BMW HP2 Sport, which has a top speed of 125mph or 201km/h