Snow Transformation Pack 1.5 Released

Finally, it's time for the second release of Snow Transformation Pack. Since this release is mainly for fixing bugs I found so people who enjoy first release without problem may not find it exciting. But for people who couldn't get it working right, this version should be a lot better than the first ones. You can now use application like jDownloader and install in non-English edtion OS without trouble. Dock is now RocketDock with older but more stable StackDocklet. I still don't know what really caused no sound issue so let's hope it got fixed right among things I did in this release.

Changes in version 1.5

-Changed Dock application from RK Launcher to RocketDock with older StackDocklet for performance/stability (new configuration)

-Fixed Desktop Theme Enhancements being checked even they aren't checked from configuration

-Fixed FontSmoothingGamma value that breaks some applications like jDownloader

-Fixed reboot prompt to restore Windows Explorer shell if user choose not to reboot

-Fixed system files modification compatibilities with non-English edition OS

-Fixed x64 system files modification compatibilities

snowshot.jpg

Download Snow Transformation Pack 1.5

MD5 Hash of "Snow Transformation Pack 1.0.exe" is 52C20A939DD69741C5FCBDEB41AF4EA8

If it's anything like previous transformation packs, it will modify a handful of system files and be sometimes difficult to remove.

I would suggest testing this is a virtual machine if you are concerned with it messing up your main install. As above mentioned, previous transformation packs can make a mess when you try to remove them.

• 2 weeks later...

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT SAFE. I installed it, and have been unable to uninstall it. It came up in the control panel, but it did not uninstall. Now it does not appear in the control panel. I'm gonna have to search the freaking registry to uninstall it. /Sigh.

worked beautifully for me... I just ran as administrator and uninstalled through its desktop shortcut.

also, amazing themepack (if you're into that kind of stuff). Great work. Definitely a paradigm for themepacks to come

Using it right now, installed on my main laptop. Pretty snappy, and looks great. Now I just gotta find a theme for firefox to match the whole thing!

• 1 month later...

I like a lot transformation packs like this one but when you deal with system files transformed, you are dealing with a risk of your Windows became unstable with performance issues.

• 5 weeks later...

Version 1.5 is released mainly for bug fixing.

Changes in version 1.5

-Changed Dock application from RK Launcher to RocketDock with older StackDocklet for performance/stability (new configuration)

-Fixed Desktop Theme Enhancements being checked even they aren't checked from configuration

-Fixed FontSmoothingGamma value that breaks some applications like jDownloader

-Fixed reboot prompt to restore Windows Explorer shell if user choose not to reboot

-Fixed system files modification compatibilities with non-English edition OS

-Fixed x64 system files modification compatibilities

snowshot.jpg

Download Snow Transformation Pack 1.5

If you want a Mac so bad, get one. Nothing beats the real thing. All this so-called transformation packs do is mess an already stable, fast Windows OS and turn it into crap.

• 2 months later...

Been trying to uninstall this for the past hour now. Leaving a restore as my last resort.

I originally used the welcome program thing that came with it to try to remove it, but all that did was remove it from my installed programs.

I'm now installing it again and plan to try that again, hoping it will actually uninstall this time.

As some other guy said, I was an idiot for not trying it on a virtual machine first :'(