Neowin's Drug Dealer

Posted 04 August 2010 - 19:26

Awesome. I enjoyed the first one a lot.

Can't wait to play some online co-op :D

#17 Rhialto

Rhialto

the Marvellous

Posted 04 August 2010 - 19:30

The first was fun for a bit, but I got bored of it pretty quick. Maybe the new Co-op mode will change that.

Same here... Usually when I hear about a Diablo II ladder reset I want to start playing it again. Now I hear this news and I don't think I will rush home playing Torchlight tonight. I will nonetheless look for Torchlight 2 as I did with the 1st one because price was attractive and also the fact that co-op will add a lot to the experience.

#18 scokem

scokem

1+3+3=7

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:16

Can. Not. Wait!

I got so hooked on Torchlight last December when I grabbed it at half-price during the sale period. It's such a fun game and it kept me going back again and again. Me and my bro have always said it could only have been more fun if it had co-op so we could play through it together so this announcement has pretty much made my day :)

#19 c3ntury

c3ntury

Say whaa?

Posted 05 August 2010 - 10:23

There will probably be 3-4 Torchlight game before Diablo 3 arrives xD Can't wait for this sequel!

#20 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 06 August 2010 - 16:53

A bunch of info from a Shotgun Podcast. Runicgamesfansite.com sums it up good:
http://www.runicgame...t-Torchlight-II

Some of the points:

• The Railman class is "an engineer turned into a melee tank." They are charged with developing transportation and pushing it into the wilderness.
  • The Outlander is a hybrid of ranged with "superstitious magic." Survivalist vibe.
  • Identification system will be changed, if not completely removed.
  • The loot you see drop will belong only to you, and item trading will be available. Trading interface included, but you can throw things on the ground for anyone to pick up if you want.
  • Co-op is a minimum of four players, and a possible maximum of eight. Summons are a major factor in these numbers. Not finalized.
  • More monsters scaling this time, not as much as oblivion but better than the main dungeon in the original game.
  • PvP might appear in the game, but it won't be possible to do it cheat-free. (due to heavy modability and p2p multiplayer probably)
  • Skill system has changed.
  • The world will be divided into zones with sub-areas, and random outdoors.
  • Three major distinct outdoor types - Grassy mountain Steppes, Desert and Dark, Spooky Battlefield Forest (Swamp?)
  • 200+ Unique weapon models.
  • New weapon types, including Cannons and Fist weapons.
  • No mounts.
  • Price point close to the last game.

#21 Rudy

Rudy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 06 August 2010 - 16:54

I really enjoyed the game,..... for a bit over 2 days (but I played a lot for those 2 days)

#22 tiagosilva29

tiagosilva29

You might think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: I need a new one. Gibe moni plos

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:04

I played this game on a friend's GNU plus Linux box at the university. It was quite amusing although the monsters and maps were a bit repetitive.
While the developers didn't release a native GNU plus Linux client they made quite an effort to ease the experience for gamers willing to purchase the game and run it via Wine.

#23 speedstr3789

speedstr3789

Neowinian

Posted 07 August 2010 - 12:19

It's really fun..for about an hour. Worst use of my money in a long time. It isn't as exciting as some people are making it out to be.

#24 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:08

Torchlight II teaser trailer released at GamesCom.

Note, it's about 0:48 of blablabla, the actions starts after that. ;)

"HD" link;

Looks awesome! Great new spell effects, great looking monsters... and multiplayer. :woot:

#25 +McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

Posted 19 August 2010 - 10:51

Hmmm... coming in 2011.
Man, if this gets released anywhere near Diablo 3 the investors are going
to be ****ed. <--Angry.

Just sayin'.

#26 Joseph B

Joseph B

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:00

Hmmm... coming in 2011.
Man, if this gets released anywhere near Diablo 3 the investors are going
to be ****ed. <--Angry.

Just sayin'.

As great as Torchlight is, it won't be able to hold a torch to the profits D3 is going to see, just because of the brand name.

Pun intended.

#27 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:29

I'd guess D3 at earliest very late 2011. We will see how it goes, I don't think Blizzard wants to release two of their games/expansions close to each other. It will be interesting to see when SC2 first expansion gets out, if fairly late then it will take ages until we get to play the Protoss campaign.

#28 Northgrove

Northgrove

Philosophizing Developer

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:31

A very good Diablo clone, so this sounds interesting. :) Hopefully they'll now get the time to flesh out the storyline a bit. I'd like to see a mostly optional story, but one that's still there if you want to follow it more closely by talking to townsfolk.

#29 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:05

A very good Diablo clone, so this sounds interesting. :) Hopefully they'll now get the time to flesh out the storyline a bit. I'd like to see a mostly optional story, but one that's still there if you want to follow it more closely by talking to townsfolk.

I think that was mentioned in a interview, that now they do have hired a person that does story/writing, which they didn't have in the first game.

Ah yeah found it, it's in this interview on page 3;
http://www.pcgamer.c...th-runic-games/

We actually hired a writer this time out, so we’re endeavouring to have a coherent narrative, and to work that more into the quests that you’re undertaking.

#30 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:10

I liked Torchlight, it's a pretty good good dungeon crawler. Story isn't really required to be deep in these types of games. :p