Torchlight II

official rpg torchlight runic games pc

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#31 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2010 - 13:30

4 player minimum for co-op is kind of lame IMO. Why 4 players? I have a good friend with whom I constantly play online games with, we know each other extremely well and work well together as a team (we use to PvP in D2 as a team and clear out duel servers with just us 2), we plan on getting Portal 2 for its co-op, and seeing as Torchlight is 4-player minimum co-op, I doubt we will pick it up now....good job Torchlight devs, you screwed up the co-op and the game hasn't even released yet. >.<

There shouldn't be any reason to require a minimum number of players unless it is player vs player (like FPS games), in an RPG style game, it should be anywhere from 1 to whatever your max player size is.

#32 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 19 August 2010 - 20:26

4 player minimum for co-op is kind of lame IMO. Why 4 players? I have a good friend with whom I constantly play online games with, we know each other extremely well and work well together as a team (we use to PvP in D2 as a team and clear out duel servers with just us 2).....

Where did you get that info? They are for example playing 3 characters in the teaser trailer.

#33 Nagisan

Nagisan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 19 August 2010 - 20:49

Where did you get that info? They are for example playing 3 characters in the teaser trailer.

http://www.runicgame...t-Torchlight-II

Co-op is a minimum of four players, and a possible maximum of eight. Summons are a major factor in these numbers. Not finalized. (28:52)

It DOES say "Not finalized" so it could change, but if they keep it 4 minimum, you can count on my friend and I ignoring it.

#34 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:19

Yeah, but its just badly worded. They are considering the max number of players. I.e. you could either be 2-4 or 2-8. They are considering how much it will affect performance etc.

It says in the comments that it is confirmed on the official forums even though it's not linked

@cccenturion I noticed you are on the Runic forums and this has already been answered for you, but it has not been answered here. But what they mean by "Co-op is a minimum of four players", is the minimum maximum will be four players you will still be able to play two, three, four... They just have not decided on the maximum amount of players allowed in a game.

Searched and found a topic on their offical forums;
http://forums.runicg...hp?f=30&t=14206

#35 xpgeek

xpgeek

Mike

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:15

Absolutely loved the first one, can't wait for this.

#36 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:42

Some videos from GamesCom in Germany. Probably played with lowest difficulty (player didn't seem to take much damage)

Gamestar.de, German (cam very high quality)
http://www.gamestar....d=1589&pk=14591

Bossfight, huge Minotaur (phone cam, low quality)

Random gameplay (cam med quality)

#37 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 27 August 2010 - 22:13

The best quality cam video with Torchlight II gameplay is on Gametrailers. It's a info/demo-video that shows gameplay ungrouped with 4 player in the game. Playing the Railman class in a starter area.

#38 lalalawawawa

lalalawawawa

Neowinian Senior

Posted 22 November 2010 - 14:06

The first game is 50% off at GG: :)

Linky here

#39 vetFred Derf

Fred Derf

Klaatu barada nikto

Posted 22 November 2010 - 15:39

It's not about a deep story, it's about smashing an endless horde of monsters in different ways and getting loot. Well that's what I play the genre for anyway.

Indeed. At times the game can seem too easy (even with the difficulty settings turned up) but it only takes one moment of arrogance to get yourself into deep trouble. Since my innate arrogance tends to usurp my mental discipline on a fairly regular basis then it keeps the game interesting.

#40 treemonster

treemonster

lol wut?

Posted 23 November 2010 - 17:19

i like when these kinds of games are mindless hack n slash instead of trying to make them hard in some way to appease a certain subset of players. when i play diablo or a game like torchlight(haven't played the first one yet) i just want to relax and grind hordes of mobs.

i also like how they let you cheat online in this one. i like being able to not worry about picking up loot alll the time and just stay focused on clearing each part of the map. may seem silly, but keeping scrolls of identfy in my small inventory and spaces for drops and taking time to compare stats on gear in diablo 2 really kills my buzz. i just want to set the lan game to 8 players, and duo with my bro on my barb while he plays his necro and spam hp pots endlessly while holding down my right mouse button in the direction of monsters.

then again actively looting stuff has become a real drag to me any game with item drops. i don't want to stop the action to pick up junk. just auto put it in my bag and let me sort through it when i go back to town. also don't make my bag so small that i have to go back to town super often either. let me spend most of my playtime actually playing the fun parts of the game.

#41 rajputwarrior

rajputwarrior

olé olé olé olé

Posted 26 August 2011 - 18:49

Torchlight 2 priced at $20, final class revealed[

Torchlight 2, the cooperation-friendly sequel to the million-selling dungeon crawler, has been officially priced at $20 by Runic Games. That's the same price as the original Torchlight. which had a far lower profile.

"Everyone who wants to play Torchlight 2 will be able to comfortably afford to do so, and they'll be able to play with their friend online or via a LAN, or play single player offline, all with no further purchase," said Max Schaefer, CEO of Runic Games.

Runic also revealed the fourth and final class in the game, the Embermage, who will join the Berserker, Outlander and Engineer on an obsessive quest for better loot. We're sure they'll save the world along the way or whatever, but it's the loot that's important.

Torchlight 2 is still targeting a 2011 launch.

-----------------------

can't wait!

#42 OP Buio

Buio

Neowinian

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:38

The Ember Mage
http://www.torchligh...about/embermage

All Class-descriptions are available at that link with the Ember Mage being the rightmost character at the screenshot below.
Posted Image

Runic Account

Runic Games have set up their "Runic Account" page. It's probably for online multiplayer, I don't know everything about it yet as few details are available. I don't know if you have to have an account to play online, even if you play on Steam.

* Sign up for the Runic Newsletter, so you can be one of the first to hear news about Torchlight II, including the much anticipated release date!
* Be prepared for the launch of Torchlight II, with upcoming features - including the ability to manage your friends lists for online play.
* Be ready to purchase Torchlight II on launch day and jump right in to the action!

You can find the account page here:
https://secure.runicgames.com/

#43 c3ntury

c3ntury

Say whaa?

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:46

I really can't wait for this baby to be released!

#44 carson2255

carson2255

Neowinian

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:17

I would like a cow pet

#45 vetColin-uk

Colin-uk

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:51

cool. looking forward to playing the new classes :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!