Guild Wars 2

official mmo guild wars arenanet pc

• Please log in to reply
2689 replies to this topic

#2416 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:18

Ya know what's really disappointing is... that in the 5 and a half years they spent making this game, they clearly didn't spend any time at all learning what game balance is. It's really mind boggling how they managed to get to release while completely ignoring game balance.

What are you referring to?

#2417 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:47

What are you referring to?

Well the most obvious example of blatantly broken would be thieves. Who can still kill pretty much anything without a shred of thought due to the absurd damage they do with pretty much anything, including steal. But that's just one problem in the many with this games balance.

#2418 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:23

Nah, you just have to learn how to avoid them.

I'm pretty good at picking off thieves in WvW with my ranger.

#2419 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:25

Wintersday details are up on the site: https://www.guildwar.../december-2012/

#2420 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:59

So has anyone else seen a very noticeable drop in the framerate with the holiday decorated Lion's Arch? Cause i have. It's about as bad as it was in the first beta.

#2421 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:07

Yes. I was thinking to myself earlier that my fps had tanked while in LA. I assume it has to do with all the snow particle affects they added. I do not remember it being that bad during the halloween event either.

I'm enjoying the event so far. The jumping puzzle was really easy. Probably the easiest puzzle in the game so that was a little disappointing. But on the other hand I think the bell choir is going to make me rage quit and smash my keyboard. I'm looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us for the daily city events.

#2422 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 17 January 2013 - 17:51

It took them an age to do it, but they're finally bringing the guesting feature in this month.

https://www.guildwar...ting-is-coming/

#2423 +Brando212

Brando212

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Sony Xperia ZL, Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 18 January 2013 - 20:01

just started playing Guild Wars 2 recently. my name and ID is DetinatorX.4683

#2424 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 January 2013 - 21:36

Notes are out for today's update:

https://forum-en.gui...January-28-2013

All in all they look good. No major nerfs...those will probably be coming next month. :s

The update weighs in at 1gb+.

#2425 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 28 January 2013 - 22:11

I wish they'd make some significant improvements to the elementalist. Among the issues with them we have a severe lack of really viable builds.

#2426 Xilo

Xilo

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:25

I wish they'd make some significant improvements to the elementalist. Among the issues with them we have a severe lack of really viable builds.

A.Net hates the elementalist class. It was nerfed to hell in GW1 and became not too viable. They are doing the same thing in GW2...

#2427 guitmz

guitmz

Neowinian

• Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:32

Daily got a bit harder (not much) but I kind of liked the patch... Looking forward to grab some of that new currency :)

#2428 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 January 2013 - 18:33

I don't think the daily got harder at all. I did the combo one in about 5 minutes with a guild group during the Balthazar temple chain and I did the dodge one in about 10 minutes in Southsun on the karka there. If you dodge their initial attack you get 2 or 3 dodges/evades that way. Everything else was trivial pretty much.

And the event officially starts today at 12pm, which is about an hour and a half from now. We're instructed to head to either Hoelbrek or The Black Citadel and talk to some npcs there.

#2429 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:04

It's really annoying when you get this sound bug in, say, WvW and then have to go the rest of the time you want to WvW with sound muted cause you don't want to restart the client and end up back in queue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNPC3Pm8y00

It's been over 5 months since launch and this problem STILL exists(regardless of audio quality settings). It's can't be THAT hard to program audio that actually works properly. Pretty much every other game i've ever played has managed to function properly, i don't see why arenanet can't figure out how to do the same.

#2430 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:17

Yeah, I still get the sound bug where certain noises become super loud randomly as well.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!