Guild Wars 2

official mmo guild wars arenanet pc

• Please log in to reply
2689 replies to this topic

#2566 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:14

And a lot of the open world bosses are getting redone. Which should be interesting considering the recent new reasons to go after them.

Eh, i find that bit harder to be excited about as i know how bad the average player is(simply getting out of death circles is too hard for many). Their general badness will translate into less loot, and less money.

#2567 Wakers

Wakers

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 September 2013 - 15:21

That's what guilds are for?

#2568 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 17 September 2013 - 17:14

So i am disappointed by how they were apparently unable to deliver the lfg tool on time.

#2569 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:28

So i am disappointed by how they were apparently unable to deliver the lfg tool on time.

They did deliver it. Just not to everyone. I can understand why they are doing it the way they are. They don't want a repeat of the market from the first 2 months after the games release. I think most of us blocked that horrible experience from memory.

I am however disappointed that I didn't get access to it. I was hoping they would give priority access to people with older accounts. Specifically people who had head start accounts. I don't see anything wrong with them doing that.

#2570 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:06

They did deliver it. Just not to everyone. I can understand why they are doing it the way they are. They don't want a repeat of the market from the first 2 months after the games release. I think most of us blocked that horrible experience from memory.

I am however disappointed that I didn't get access to it. I was hoping they would give priority access to people with older accounts. Specifically people who had head start accounts. I don't see anything wrong with them doing that.

Then they didn't deliver it. We were initially told to expect a usable lfg tool on the 17th on the release preview page. Not to expect an unfinished beta for the 'privileged few' that will be open for everyone 'when the feel like it' like they later decided to turn around and say. The fact that they couldn't finish it, and are clearly unprepared for people to use it when they are over a year late in delivering this(it should've been there at launch) is ridiculous.

#2571 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:56

So went on to play last night and it came up with the e-mail verification so went onto my e-mail but there was nothing there, gave it 10 mins or so but still didn't receive one so thought I'd go on the forums only to realise that it requires the authentication as well. Scouted around a bit and found a way to reset your password or remove the authentication so followed the link on the knowledge base, entered my details and was presented with this.

7nXW0eF.png

As you can see I can't click the button to disable the authentication so thought I'd try the password reset just to see if I could get that e-mail at least... nope.  So I sent an e-mail asking for help with it but still haven't heard back from them, was just wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Ohh also I've checked my spam and I'm using live mail. 

#2572 The Dingus Diddler

The Dingus Diddler

Sir Derpy McHerperton III

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 1020

Posted 23 September 2013 - 18:55

Well I got an e-mail back saying they were fixing the problem then about 5 minutes later I got 11 authentication e-mails :p

#2573 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 24 September 2013 - 14:25

https://www.guildwar...ctober-01-2013/

So it seems like next week is just a new path in Twilight arbor and.... not much else. But i guess that's better than the new pointless tequatl and its 90+% fail rate.

#2574 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 24 September 2013 - 19:06

https://www.guildwar...ctober-01-2013/

So it seems like next week is just a new path in Twilight arbor and.... not much else. But i guess that's better than the new pointless tequatl and its 90+% fail rate.

I hear that. I gave up after 4 tries on him. So many issues make it not even worth the effort. And then when you finally do manage to kill him.. greens and blues.

I'm super excited for reskinned weapons that no one uses though. Sign me up for some of that.

#2575 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:06

Free trial going on from September 27th until October 3rd. It's the longest trial period they've done yet. This trial kind of snuck in under the radar. I remember reading about it last week but I thought it was a bit further down the road.

Get your friends who still haven't tried the game to sign up here!

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

#2576 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 27 September 2013 - 19:28

Free trial going on from September 27th until October 3rd. It's the longest trial period they've done yet. This trial kind of snuck in under the radar. I remember reading about it last week but I thought it was a bit further down the road.

Get your friends who still haven't tried the game to sign up here!

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

And if you were in the last one and still have your login info, you can jump right in after you update (which is exactly what I did).  However, I will likely have to create a new character, as I apparently goofed up with this one as II've hit a major wall in my current quest with this character (human elementalist); I had better luck as a Norn.

#2577 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 08 October 2013 - 20:31

https://www.guildwar...ctober-15-2013/

Mostly halloween as you may have expected. With other smaller things like changes to skill and trait tooltips.

#2578 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• Tech Issues Solved: 6
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 10 November 2013 - 15:59

I've decided to download and start playing again, haven't played since launch pretty much.  I got bored really quick before.. have they added any content/reason to push to the end?

#2579 OP trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 November 2013 - 00:09

I've decided to download and start playing again, haven't played since launch pretty much.  I got bored really quick before.. have they added any content/reason to push to the end?

That's hard to say. It depends on what you like doing, really.

Dungeons are more or less the same as they have been since launch with somewhat better rewards. Champions and world bosses are worth doing now for the most part, and then there are fractals...

But most updates revovle around living story which is either excellent or bad depending on who you ask. If you let it that'll give you reason to play every few weeks.

#2580 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

Posted 12 November 2013 - 21:25

That's hard to say. It depends on what you like doing, really.

Dungeons are more or less the same as they have been since launch with somewhat better rewards. Champions and world bosses are worth doing now for the most part, and then there are fractals...

But most updates revolve around living story which is either excellent or bad depending on who you ask. If you let it that'll give you reason to play every few weeks.

I'd be one who leans on the side of calling it bad. The 'living story' hasn't been a whole lot more than just temporary bi-weekly grinds for a lackluster reward(ex. grind these 15 achievements for yet another back skin).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!