You're assuming everything you see in those videos is final.. they haven't even started on the UI yet. They have a lot of time to improve and change things. It's way way to early to start saying I dislike this, or I dislike that when they haven't even said that the version in those videos is beta quality.

I'm fully aware that the videos I watched are from a beta state of the game. I wasn't talking about animation glitches or buggy UI. I know those types of things will be fixed. But there are things in the videos, like the dialog "cinematics" and voice overs, which will most likely not be revamped or changed before release. And it's those those I found underwhelming.

Voice acting is also something that isn't finalized at this stage of development. It is more than likely placeholders the dev team just randomly recorded.

My friend's wife works for NCSoft and he is in on the beta. Game actually is pretty fun. In a month or so, I'll have a beta invite for me as well :)

This is much better than the first, by leaps and bounds.

Leaps and bounds? We'll see.

Guild Wars was fun (for me, at least) only because of the

PvP. I wasn't digging the leveling at all. Or the running around

the world to find and pickup "necessary" skills.

I'll still be watching GW2 because, hey, not paying a monthly

fee is still cool.

My friend's wife works for NCSoft and he is in on the beta. Game actually is pretty fun. In a month or so, I'll have a beta invite for me as well :)

So, could I be that friend of a friend who gets a key? *nudge*nudge* *wink*wink*

A beta version accessible by those not related to a.net/ncsoft in a month or so? I doubt it.

I dug out my Guild Wars CD the other day, updated it and tried to log in. No luck, they now require you to type in the name of one of your characters, but I can't remember their names so I'm locked out. What a stupid security feature. :(

I dug out my Guild Wars CD the other day, updated it and tried to log in. No luck, they now require you to type in the name of one of your characters, but I can't remember their names so I'm locked out. What a stupid security feature. :(

i've heard that myself. i've only played for a few houws, and thought about giving it another shot, but it's not tied to my ncsfot account and i don't recall any of the details for it. let alone a toon name.

They promised us a beta... in summer 2008. :laugh:

They had an open beta for GW1 so I wouldn't be surprised to see one for this game as well.

They said a long time ago that a beta would be released shortly before the scheduled release day. I'm sure it was a public one too.

Guild Wars 2 Guru tread with loads of videos from GamesCom got some late additions with direct feed gameplay (it's the same as demoed before, just this time in great video quality)

Here is the orginal thread I got these videos from;

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/this-gamescom-compilation-information-streaming-t6651.html

Playmassivetv.de direct feed gameplay

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Charr Gameplay

The game just looks awesome. That's all that I can really say about it. :woot:

It keeps getting better and better. After seeing the Necromancer page, I'm officially interested in buying this game.

Has there been any information released about how they're going to work in the hall of monuments that we created for our characters in Eye of the North? More importantly how it would work if you created a Charr or one of the other races?

I haven't heard any updates. I almost jumped back into the

game to play through Eye of the North (which I never got around to)

just to import into GW2 for S's and Grins.

Hell, I got to 20 and then never went back for any of the expansions.

Has there been any information released about how they're going to work in the hall of monuments that we created for our characters in Eye of the North?

Not really. It did come up in an interview or two from gamescom that i seen but they pretty much avoided the question by saying what they said 3 years ago on eotn's release. That being that we'll get some kind of reward for the stuff in there, but who knows what.

I'm looking forward to playing this. I played Guild Wars 1 for quite a long while. I had 6 or so level 20 characters and several had completed the game. One or two had almost all the skills and obsidian armor sets (boy this takes me back :p). I left Guild Wars to play WoW. Keep in mind that Guild Wars was my first MMO or at-least the first MMO I played for more than an hour and it definitely wet my appetite for MMORPG's in general and the reason I left Guild Wars for WoW were that it felt less linear you could really go anywhere and do anything in WoW you could Jump, Swim, Fly, Ride Mounts, Get in to PVP battles in the environment at any time, but there were still a lot of things I missed about Guild Wars. The simplicity in skill allocation just having 8 slots. The guild system in Guild Wars felt a lot better to me.

So I'm definitely excited to 'Come Back' to Guild Wars as it looks like most of the reasons I left the original game have been fixed with the sequel. I stopped playing WoW almost a year ago now as it got stale and I think I'm now ready to try an MMO again.

It's rather disappointing that, as far as i've heard, their showing at pax is nothing but a complete rehash of gamescom. If they're showing it off a second time they kinda need to show atleast something new to keep people interested. That and to help assure people this game will actually be out before 2012 or later.

It's rather disappointing that, as far as i've heard, their showing at pax is nothing but a complete rehash of gamescom. If they're showing it off a second time they kinda need to show atleast something new to keep people interested. That and to help assure people this game will actually be out before 2012 or later.

I think GamesCom was their showing it off, at Pax it's more sort of letting the people there play the game live. I wouldn't expect much difference when these two shows where so close together in time.

This is probably my most anticipated game.

Recently a release date has been set on some online retailers. They all say 11/03/2010, so maybe it is going to get released sooner than we thought.

Example: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832784011&cm_re=guild_wars-_-32-784-011-_-Product

GameStop is currently saying 11/2...same day as GT5 :(

EDIT: has anyone read 'Ghosts of Ascalon"? I'm about 150 pages in and so far not bad. Not bad at all! Quite surprised at how good the story and writing actually is. Was expecting a cheap, quickly/poorly written book to capitalize on the new game but it's far from it.

I really doubt we'll see it released this year as much as I would love for that to happen. I'm betting those dates are just place holders so they can get pre orders. It will probably be out around this time next year with a beta next summer.