official bioshock infinite irrational games 2k games pc os x ps3 xbox 360

• Please log in to reply
344 replies to this topic

#331 Javik

Javik

Beware the tyrrany of those that wield power

• 5,886 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:38

Played through the DLC. Fun at first but the battles are heavily scripted. NPCs spawn in the same places, and there's no variety in either the waves or the challenges. Arena play is better when it's completely random, and whilst this was fun at first it got boring quickly because of the lack of variety. Hoping for more from the Rapture DLC however

#332 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

• 1,307 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 13:51

Played through the DLC. Fun at first but the battles are heavily scripted. NPCs spawn in the same places, and there's no variety in either the waves or the challenges. Arena play is better when it's completely random, and whilst this was fun at first it got boring quickly because of the lack of variety. Hoping for more from the Rapture DLC however

Yeah, I simply don't understand why they thought this was worthwhile DLC. I don't know anyone who plays a BioShock game for this kind of content. The second and third DLC sets look amazing, however.

#333 Javik

Javik

• 5,886 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 18:35

A few screenshots from the first episode of Burial At Sea

http://postimg.org/g...v81nk/fdbfdf14/

#334 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 00:56

Just finished it.  Can't say much without major spoilers, but it's Infinite gameplay in a Rapture world -- You have plasmids that use Eve, but the Eve comes in the Salts blue bottles.  You still have your shield, and I even found an Infusion.  And the plasmids are all Infinite -- Devil's Kiss, Shock Jockey, etc.

Oh, and you fight a Big Daddy.  And get a big face-full of Sander Cohen.

#335 ensiform

ensiform

"I AM SUCH A BA!"

• 528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:06

The DLC is broken.  Get stuck back tracking through a securis airlock after finding shock jockey.  Loading save does not fix.  The splicers spawns are quite annoying too.

#336 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:16

The DLC is broken.  Get stuck back tracking through a securis airlock after finding shock jockey.  Loading save does not fix.  The splicers spawns are quite annoying too.

I never had an issue.

I take that back, there were some random loading moments in gameplay that didn't occur during the main campaign, but nothing gamebreaking.

#337 ensiform

ensiform

"I AM SUCH A BA!"

• 528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:32

Yea you know how you have to backtrack to go through some of that level again to the airlock?  The securis door just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins for minutes.

#338 Javik

Javik

• 5,886 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 18:23

The backtracking annoyed me as well, it's a bit of a shame that you only got a few minutes of the beautiful rapture before you were back in the destroyed / failed utopia theme, but I will wait for part 2 before making my comments.

Also, did anyone else find it much shorter than the 3-5 hours promised? I completed it in about 80 minutes and that included some searching?

#339 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 22:25

The backtracking annoyed me as well, it's a bit of a shame that you only got a few minutes of the beautiful rapture before you were back in the destroyed / failed utopia theme, but I will wait for part 2 before making my comments.

Also, did anyone else find it much shorter than the 3-5 hours promised? I completed it in about 80 minutes and that included some searching?

Maybe it's 3 - 5 hours total?  I think it took me almost 2, but again, I was doing some searching for audio recordings

#340 Javik

Javik

• 5,886 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 22:51

What difficulty were you on?

#341 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 22:53

What difficulty were you on?

Normal

#342 Javik

Javik

• 5,886 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 22:56

Ah ok, I usually do first playthroughs on easy so that might explain it

#343 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,645 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:10

Well, I'd just finished my 1999 mode for the main game's platinum last week, figured normal wouldn't be much of a challenge.

#344 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,404 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:18

The whole backtracking thing is right from the original Bioshock.   Unless I'm remembering it wrong because it's been so long but you had to backtrack quite a bit in it to find what you need to to get to the next area.   I don't know how long it took me, probably 2 hrs as well on Normal and trying to find as much as I could.   I know for sure I didn't though because there was a few things I couldn't get to either because I didn't have enough lock picks or the right plasmid or w/e.     Still I wanted to play this for the story, and OMG that ending.  The signs are there from the beginning but you only notice them after it's done.    Just wrong.

#345 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

• 10,781 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 15:27

I finally got this game for Christmas and finished it today (got my Xbox One while I the middle of the game and it got sidelined for a while) and the hype around it and everything I've heard is well deserved (not that I had any concerns to begin with).  I played on Normal and found it to be pretty easy up until probably Emporia Towers and on, but as with the previous Bioshock games, the story and the art made it.  You kinda just want to wander around Columbia for a while.  I'll probably pick up some of the DLC when they're on sale (I've seen them on sale a few times in the last few months).