Breaking new 3ds news.

This morning news of the 3ds device price at £199.99 at play.com in the recent items was founed however what everyone seems to have overlooked is that if you go down the page the last two games have prices inculding an rrp on. http://www.play.com/Games/PC/3-/637637/2-/Promo.html?dpr=637637 Dragon Ball 3DS 29.99 rrp for example this seems to have not been picked up yet only the 3ds device price. Sure ti could be just placeholder prices for the device and games but the fact play.com has some down as on sale already is intresting (sighting dragon ball at the bottom again ) and even if they are placeholder prices they still got to pick them prices for a reason check it out

This may be a mistake and likely will be pulled down. I doubt we will get preorders before Japan. And it shows the Red 3DS as Pink... Though if we are getting the rumoured November release date... Then this could be a sign. But likely a mistake.

This may be a mistake and likely will be pulled down. I doubt we will get preorders before Japan. And it shows the Red 3DS as Pink... Though if we are getting the rumoured November release date... Then this could be a sign. But likely a mistake.

I know i thought that way has play made a page so earily but as you say it could be a sign for november. Also that is the offical red 3ds image. But it does say subject to change or somthing. If its a mistake a werid one.

The device price leak from this morning or the games? I was thinking it was bang on the same price as NDS and their games on release. Would have liked to have seen a ?150 for the device though but suppose we are getting more features for the money.

Anyone willing to pay more for a less powerful handheld than the price of a FAR more powerful home console, wants their head examined.

I have a PSP and a DS....I also have a 360 and a Wii

I play my portables a LOT more than my home consoles.... so I'd probably be willing to pay more for a portable :/

The DSi was ?150 at launch. So ?50 more for 3D minus the glasses, way more features etc is a good deal. If I had the money I would get the 3DS over an Xbox/PS3. I have a Wii and a DSi. So the 3DS is next :woot:

Want to make that clear what current device is under ?200 brand new and still in production? I am wrong wasnt the old Nintedo DS ?200 on release? Given people were suggesting a 200 plus price on the device isnt this good news (if ture)?

I have a PSP and a DS....I also have a 360 and a Wii

I play my portables a LOT more than my home consoles.... so I'd probably be willing to pay more for a portable :/

Bingo and people seem to forget the nintedo portables have their own unique games too.

The DSi was ?150 at launch. So ?50 more for 3D minus the glasses, way more features etc is a good deal. If I had the money I would get the 3DS over an Xbox/PS3. I have a Wii and a DSi. So the 3DS is next :woot:

Well I did mean the oringal nintedo DS or ds lite im sure that was ?200 but ye the new features rock and all worth it. But the price or potential price of the 3DS isnt what im amazed about its the games prices accoring to play even if just a mistake they picked the ?30 price for a reason at at least we wont be paying more!

Well the Original DS was ?100. The DS Lite is still selling for ?110. And DSi XL at ?160. So I see ?200 a decent price.

Yer forgot that accually mabye ?150 would be a sweeter price but given the new features ill still accept ?200 could be worse. And we dont know what if any deals, bundles will be out yet it could be ?200 with a free game or two i can dream right. And lets not forget the quality titles for hardcore gamers that will be out on release makes it a real alternative to an xbox 360 in my personal view.

Yer forgot that accually mabye ?150 would be a sweeter price but given the new features ill still accept ?200 could be worse. And we dont know what if any deals, bundles will be out yet it could be ?200 with a free game or two i can dream right. And lets not forget the quality titles for hardcore gamers that will be out on release makes it a real alternative to an xbox 360 in my personal view.

Yes, agreed. I am more of a casual gamer (I prefer Pokemon and Mario). And am not a fan of all the games like C.O.D and all that. So I would rather spend on a 3DS since it will support all my games (Like Demos showing games like 3D Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros 3DS). And 3D movies, I don't see nothing like that on the Xbox.

And it could be bundled with Nintendogs & Cats 3D. Just like the original DS could be bundled with either of 3 versions of Nintendogs.

Yes, agreed. I am more of a casual gamer (I prefer Pokemon and Mario). And am not a fan of all the games like C.O.D and all that. So I would rather spend on a 3DS since it will support all my games (Like Demos showing games like 3D Mario Kart and New Super Mario Bros 3DS). And 3D movies, I don't see nothing like that on the Xbox.

And it could be bundled with Nintendogs & Cats 3D. Just like the original DS could be bundled with either of 3 versions of Nintendogs.

Bingo my feelings too. Is it true that Pokemon Black and White will be for the NDS not the 3DS thats bad man. As for the 3d movies I wouldnt get so excited its basically greeting card 3d..... but the new generation of games is what im really hoping will be good.

Bingo my feelings too. Is it true that Pokemon Black and White will be for the NDS not the 3DS thats bad man. As for the 3d movies I wouldnt get so excited its basically greeting card 3d..... but the new generation of games is what im really hoping will be good.

Are people still falling for the blatant rip off that is Pokemon? Geez... It's just the same bleedin' game with minor tweaks every single time!

Are people still falling for the blatant rip off that is Pokemon? Geez... It's just the same bleedin' game with minor tweaks every single time!

1: Rip off its the same price as other games

2: No its not the same game if you understood anything about RPGs you would know. Now go bye bye.

I can understand why some people might like that....there's quite a few games where I wish they would have done that

I can understand why some people might like that....there's quite a few games where I wish they would have done that

On the pc front simcity 3000 to simcity 4 or even more so simcity 4 to the pile of rubbish afterwards I dont care to mention the name off.

If its released in time for xmas, I'll be getting it.

Ditto (prays) makes sense or why would play make such a mistake as to desiging a place holder page and hosting up there until spring 2011. Will be following the tokyo game show.

1: Rip off its the same price as other games

2: No its not the same game if you understood anything about RPGs you would know. Now go bye bye.

I've been gaming since 1981. I can recognize a rip off when i see one, and the Pokemon games definitely come under that classification. After buying 3 "different" ones for my son's DS, I came to conclusion that barring a bit of cosmetic work, they're all the SAME game.

I've been gaming since 1981. I can recognize a rip off when i see one, and the Pokemon games definitely come under that classification. After buying 3 "different" ones for my son's DS, I came to conclusion that barring a bit of cosmetic work, they're all the SAME game.

That's when you buy the sequel/alternate version. So say if you get Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. They are all the same, just differences. But between D/P/P and HeartGold and SoulSilver. Big changes.

Same with Black and White. The objective of the game stays the same, but everyone enjoys the new pokemon, new area etc. It's been going strong for more than 14 years (1996) so I think it has more to come seeing as they are already into the 5th Generation of games. And they get enough money from it too. I would rather have Pokemon games than C.O.D

Think of that as an excuse. All these Shooter Games. ALL THE SAME Ripoffs.

C.O.D 5 - Objective = Go shoot, WIN GAME

C.O.D 6 - Objective = Same as Above

And it goes on, they are the same objective and game, and yet people pay stupid prices for these games. So see what I mean!

Back on Topic - Black and White is NDS. But it's likely the 3rd Version (Like Emerald and Platinum) will be 3DS. Same if they release any sequels like Mystery Dungeon/Ranger/Link 3DS. And it could have a XMAS release date, but it has been confirmed we should have it by March 2011.

And Nintendo are announcing the release date in September, and maybe they have a change of heart and release it in Europe a month after Japan, instead of 6 months :laugh:

Then your a fool sir you dont know the games yes pokemon always release two different versions of the same game but ones release at different times such as Diamond and say Heart Gold are totally different Dimand and peal on the other hand are not. Why dont you read up on wikipedia and not condem some of the best games out there as proven by its sales. Where not dooped we no the difference between a companion game with a similar story line and two totally different pokemon games mabye if you tell me what games your son has I could explain it better but please dont flame my 3ds thread right back on topic.

That's when you buy the sequel/alternate version. So say if you get Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. They are all the same, just differences. But between D/P/P and HeartGold and SoulSilver. Big changes.

Same with Black and White. The objective of the game stays the same, but everyone enjoys the new pokemon, new area etc. It's been going strong for more than 14 years (1996) so I think it has more to come seeing as they are already into the 5th Generation of games. And they get enough money from it too. I would rather have Pokemon games than C.O.D

Think of that as an excuse. All these Shooter Games. ALL THE SAME Ripoffs.

C.O.D 5 - Objective = Go shoot, WIN GAME

C.O.D 6 - Objective = Same as Above

And it goes on, they are the same objective and game, and yet people pay stupid prices for these games. So see what I mean!

Back on Topic - Black and White is NDS. But it's likely the 3rd Version (Like Emerald and Platinum) will be 3DS. Same if they release any sequels like Mystery Dungeon/Ranger/Link 3DS. And it could have a XMAS release date, but it has been confirmed we should have it by March 2011.

And Nintendo are announcing the release date in September, and maybe they have a change of heart and release it in Europe a month after Japan, instead of 6 months :laugh:

I cant see it think about it the thrid game would be the biggest change for a thrid game ever i think its really disappointing that black and white wont be 3ds. I mean surely a game made for the nds cant be tweak and be made fully into a 3ds game using its full power???? Or am i wrong? Ditto on that laugh at the end.

Then your a fool sir you dont know the games yes pokemon always release two different versions of the same game but ones release at different times such as Diamond and say Heart Gold are totally different Dimand and peal on the other hand are not. Why dont you read up on wikipedia and not condem some of the best games out there as proven by its sales. Where not dooped we no the difference between a companion game with a similar story line and two totally different pokemon games mabye if you tell me what games your son has I could explain it better but please dont flame my 3ds thread right back on topip.

You have it right :) Have a look at the best selling brands of all times.

2 - Pokemon - Over 207 Million

15 - Call Of Duty - 55 Million

And you still think Pokemon is not liked?

___

Anyone think we will get different colours on release? Like Japan and Europe got the DSi in Black and White. But America got Blue and Black. Maybe Japan gets all 3. And Europe and America get's opposites?

Like America - Red and Black

Europe - Blue and Black.?

Oh also, It's because Black and White are released in September. And the 3DS does not get released until after that, they won't announce the release date until after BW get released. So that's why.

Anyone willing to pay more for a less powerful handheld portable than the price of a FAR more powerful home console, wants their head examined.

Now, i woulden't buy it for different reason that i would get an Xbox before i'd get it, of course 3D is a gimmick, but its like comparing desktops to laptops, you don't expect them to come with the same hardware for the same price.

Then your a fool sir you dont know the games yes pokemon always release two different versions of the same game but ones release at different times such as Diamond and say Heart Gold are totally different Dimand and peal on the other hand are not. Why dont you read up on wikipedia and not condem some of the best games out there as proven by its sales. Where not dooped we no the difference between a companion game with a similar story line and two totally different pokemon games mabye if you tell me what games your son has I could explain it better but please dont flame my 3ds thread right back on topic.

I cant see it think about it the thrid game would be the biggest change for a thrid game ever i think its really disappointing that black and white wont be 3ds. I mean surely a game made for the nds cant be tweak and be made fully into a 3ds game using its full power???? Or am i wrong? Ditto on that laugh at the end.

He has, Platinum, Silver, Pearl and Heart/Gold, iirc. Heart/Gold at least had the novel addition of a pedometer, but otherwise, it's essentially the same game as the others.

Don't get me wrong, I think the 3DS is an interesting handheld, but Nintendo need to quit re-releasing the same on shizzle in a new coat and actually innovate a little with titles for it. Hell, even the sounds on those Pokemon games haven't changed for years.. They're dreadful.