The Expendables (2010)

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 Tech Star

Tech Star

Neowinian Senior

• 10,547 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 23:59

I went and saw it, it was a great action movie. :yes: Loved the part with Schwarzenegger and at the end with the automatic shotgun. :laugh:

Some things, they dropped fuel from the plane onto the ground, where the enemy's where, and they light it up and as they were leaving the fuel was still being dropped. Why didn't the fire follow the line of fuel? :p

If you love action and you don't care about a story, this is the movie for you. I give it a 7/10 because of the awesome action. :yes:

#17 Konstanov

Konstanov

Neowinian Senior

• 5,594 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 00:06

In an interview Stallone said he only did it because he was tired of seeing movies like Magnificient Seven no longer being made today and he wanted to a homage to the films except he wanted to make sure everyone knew exactly who the actors were in his movie.

#18 JonathanVP

JonathanVP

Neowinian Senior

• 1,646 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 00:19

I totally enjoyed this movie!! I kick arse movie that deserves a sequel!

#19 inferniac

inferniac

Neowinian Senior

• 5,310 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 22:10

Great movie, superb action scenes, nice story, and fights as bloody as they're supposed to be, none of that PG-13 bull**it.
8/10

#20 greencolor

greencolor

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 02:31

I want a sequel NOW.

Bring on number 2!

I totally enjoyed this movie!! I kick arse movie that deserves a sequel!

You are going to get a sequel....

Stallone explained his plans for a sequel by saying "I have an idea ready to go" and "I'm going to try to do something that's quite radical". In an interview on August 15, 2010, he said that he does not have a new script yet, but "It's plotted out in my mind's eye".Stallone announced that after having dinner with Bruce Willis, he was courting the actor to take on a larger role in the sequel, possibly as a "super villain".

Also about the casting on this one....and I bold a part thats problably going to make you laugh because I couldnt actually believe he was offered a part in this....

Jean-Claude Van Damme was personally offered a role by Stallone, but turned it down because he felt there was no substance to the character. Stallone said that Van Damme told him that he should "be trying to save people in South Central." Dolph Lundgren was then cast as Jensen.

The role of Hale Caesar was initially conceived as a role for Stallone's Demolition Man co-star Wesley Snipes, but later rewritten for Forest Whitaker. Due to a scheduling conflict prior to filming, Whitaker was then replaced by 50 Cent before the part of Hale Caesar finally went to former NFL player Terry Crews.

Steven Seagal was asked to make a cameo appearance, but turned down the offer due to negative experiences with producer Avi Lerner.

By May 2009, the script had undergone a number of rewrites. Stallone's Demolition Man co-star Sandra Bullock was rumored to have a role in the film, but revealed that she did not even know about the project. Despite the news, she did express interest in working in another action film and would have liked to appear in the film, depending on the storyline.

The role of the man who hires the Expendables, Mr. Church, was difficult to cast. Schwarzenegger was offered that role, but instead appeared as fellow mercenary leader Trench. The role was then offered to Kurt Russell, whose agent replied that he was not interested in "ensemble acting at the moment." Stallone spent several months after principal photography determined to find a big action name for the part. Rumors suggested that the role had been offered to friend and fellow former Planet Hollywood co-owner Bruce Willis, who was busy filming Cop Out. Willis's casting as Mr. Church was confirmed by August 2009, as was the fact that he would appear in a scene with both Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

Jean-Claude Van Damme should stop bitching because he never made movies where his character has substance.
Wesley Snipes would have been good for this as well.
Im not even going to make a proper comment on the bold part :laugh:
Seagal would have been nice too.
I dont see Sandra Bullock in this film unless its some kind of cheap love (which wasnt in this movie at all. You expect in this move "action star gets the girl at the end and climax kiss")
More Schwarzenegger Period.
I dont see Kurt Russell in this either

Loved the part with Schwarzenegger

The line said by Stallone and ths smile on Schwarzenegger's face is win.

and at the end with the automatic shotgun. :laugh:

Dolph Lundgren's gun and Terry Crews's gun were just :woot:

Although it was pretty good, I think it needed some more 'xXx' impossible type of stunts and even more (yes, more) action. I ask for more action to take the attention away from the horrible and confusing and stupid story/plot.
From 0 to 10, Ill give it a 5.

#21 Aaron Olive

Aaron Olive

2011 27" iMac

• 1,448 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:03

Terry Crews AA12 = MW2 AA12 Extended Mags, talk about clearing a room lol :rofl:

#22 greencolor

greencolor

Neowinian

• 5 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:39

BTW strange that Jackie Chan and Vin Diesel were not asked to be in the movie.

Lets face it: Who hasnt wanted to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li go at it?
Personally I want to also see Jason Statham vs Vin Diesel.
Also there needs to be a action woman in the sequel. Not some stupid pretty girl, some bitch that can really kick some ass. Jolie? :laugh: Chloë Grace Moretz? :laugh:

BTW I havent seen much Steve Austin films but I dont like that in The Longest Yard he was the one to say the word "<< racial epithet >>" and in this film, he hits a woman. He has had a domestic abuse charge against him once so kind of a bad image.
Maybe he is not like this in the rest of his films but I dont know....

#23 ichi

ichi

Akihabara Style

• 4,943 posts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 14:46

Kinda boring.

Action sequences are OK (at least one of them) but everything else sucks. I'm not asking for an awesome story, it's just that everything is completely bland and uninteresting... and what are those bad guys anyway, Bud Spencer and Terence Hill's evil twins? :pinch:
I'd put this on par with the A Team.

#24 +McCordRm

McCordRm

http://richardmccord.com

• 3,212 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 16:16

Lets face it: Who hasnt wanted to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li go at it?

Forbidden Kingdom

#25 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 120,171 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 29 September 2010 - 09:43

Terry Crews AA12 = MW2 AA12 Extended Mags, talk about clearing a room lol :rofl:

that was amazing! :D

I loved this film (Y) delivered on its purpose imo

#26 sw1tch..

sw1tch..

Internet Haet Machine

• 1,184 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:33

The Expendables was boring.... Too many cooks spoil the broth.

#27 +Majesticmerc

Majesticmerc

Resident Idealist

• 6,075 posts
  • Phone: HTC One X

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:48

that was amazing! :D

I loved this film (Y) delivered on its purpose imo

This.

I loved the 80s for its action films. The Expendables knows its role, and Stallone didn't try to make it to be anything other than what it was, a plot thin but action heavy bulletfest. Anyone going into the movie expecting a good plot and 1st class acting will obviously be disappointed, but anyone going in with their mind switched off looking for explosions and fights will enjoy the hell out of this film.

8/10 for me. Its not a thinker's film by any means, but its the most fun I've had at the cinema in a long time.

#28 IceBreakerG

IceBreakerG

Local Ninja! Code Ninja That Is.

• 2,131 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:57

I saw the movie over the weekend and thought it was awesome. Could have used some more action, but I was highly entertained. And that explosive shotgun round that Hale was showing off on the plane was on an episode of Future Weapons. It's the real deal.

#29 Green_Eye

Green_Eye

Neowinian Senior

• 4,017 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:04

Near the end of this movie I was left thinking(with what little part of my brain was functional) that if any more awesome stuff happens on screen my head might explode! :p

#30 Damien R.

Damien R.

XXIX

• 120,171 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:27

Near the end of this movie I was left thinking(with what little part of my brain was functional) that if any more awesome stuff happens on screen my head might explode! :p

haha I was thinking near the end...what else can happen...and oh my there goes the neighbourhood....literally! :p