Just a warning to people ... stay away from the Steam forums ... idiots are now posting the ending of the game in thread titles. I am staying away until I play the game I don't want it to be ruined.

...and the people who do are getting Perm banned on all forum accounts thank god. I feel sorry for anyone who saw any of the threads though, and unlucky to the mods who have to have the game spoiled for them.

So guys, which of these is the best version to get? As far as I know, the PS3 one gives Portal 2 on the PC as well... Does it work the other way around? As in I buy it for the PC and I can download it from PSN for free?

Going to get it as a belated birthday present.

I haven't played Amnesia, care to explain?

Actually a very good game ;) Check it out on its own, without the ARG crap :)

My G/F just gifted me Portal 2, that was nice of her eh? lol :D

Actually a very good game ;) Check it out on its own, without the ARG crap :)

My G/F just gifted me Portal 2, that was nice of her eh? lol :D

"Without the ARG crap"?

So guys, which of these is the best version to get? As far as I know, the PS3 one gives Portal 2 on the PC as well... Does it work the other way around? As in I buy it for the PC and I can download it from PSN for free?

Going to get it as a belated birthday present.

Nope - only the purchase of the PS3 version would give you a PC free version.

"Without the ARG crap"?

Yeah, as in, get the game on it's own, rather than Valve trying to get you to buy it (as part of a pack) to line their pockets further by pretending that you doing so will have any effect on Portal 2 releasing a bit earlier than stated ;)

He doesn't know how the Portal 2 stuff works.

Oh, I do lol! I just ain't stupid ;)

Yeah, as in, get the game on it's own, rather than Valve trying to get you to buy it (as part of a pack) to line their pockets further by pretending that you doing so will have any effect on Portal 2 releasing a bit earlier than stated ;)

Oh, I do lol! I just ain't stupid ;)

You do realize that if this was false then they could be held liable for false advertising, correct?

We are affecting the release time. It's not as much as people were hoping when it started, but it's still a good amount. We could be looking at a Monday afternoon (PDT) release if the community keeps it up.

EDIT: For the record, I haven't purchased any game (except Cogs, because it was $5 and looked fun). I already owned Defense Grid. So I'm not trying to defend spending $35 or whatever.

We are affecting the release time. It's not as much as people were hoping when it started, but it's still a good amount. We could be looking at a Monday afternoon (PDT) release if the community keeps it up.

So, affecting the release time means possibly a 'whole' 24hrs earlier? WOOPEEE DOOO lol!!

Was it really worth spending an extra ?28.00 on this money making exercise? lol - your money and its yours to waste I suppose :rolleyes:

I hope Valve releases LATE (they normally do) lol, and I'll laugh and laugh till I laugh :laugh:

So, affecting the release time means possibly a 'whole' 24hrs earlier? WOOPEEE DOOO lol!!

Was it really worth spending an extra ?28.00 on this money making exercise? lol - your money and its yours to waste I suppose :rolleyes:

You know I really want Portal 2, and I think the exact same thing. Lets face it, Valve could have released on Friday, but instead they're exploiting gamers' impatience by dangling a carrot to make money under the veil of "releasing it early". Granted, they're doing it with indie games, but they're still pocketing ?8.40 from every sale.

I had a look at Amnesia before, it looks quite good.

I bought audiosurf, because I like it, I considered getting a few more, because I liked the look of them rather than to speed up portal 2. Anyone who bought the Potato pack solely to speed up Portal 2 by a few hours, is overly fanatic with too much money to waste, but for most it was good advertising by Valve that got them to buy a pack of good games that they also liked the look of. Most people I've seen on forums who bought the pack, bought it because they liked the games and they were a good price, as well as the incentive to release Portal 2 early.

I had a look at Amnesia before, it looks quite good.

I bought audiosurf, because I like it, I considered getting a few more, because I liked the look of them rather than to speed up portal 2. Anyone who bought the Potato pack solely to speed up Portal 2 by a few hours, is overly fanatic with too much money to waste, but for most it was good advertising by Valve that got them to buy a pack of good games that they also liked the look of. Most people I've seen on forums who bought the pack, bought it because they liked the games and they were a good price, as well as the incentive to release Portal 2 early.

Agreed. They're advertising some well-deserving indie games. Those that purchased with the sole intent of making Portal 2 release early have nobody to blame but themselves if they don't like how this is turning out.

You know I really want Portal 2, and I think the exact same thing. Lets face it, Valve could have released on Friday, but instead they're exploiting gamers' impatience by dangling a carrot to make money under the veil of "releasing it early". Granted, they're doing it with indie games, but they're still pocketing ?8.40 from every sale.

Correct!

How are they exploiting gamers by helping indie developers.. They could have left the prices for the titles at the normal price, but instead, they knocked the prices down.

It is just marketing. They know how to attract people. Honestly though, who would buy a $40 bundle of so-so indie games solely to unlock Portal 2 a day or so earlier? If you do not have anything to do in that amount of time, you better start planning for a more active social life.

Don't spoil my dreams. :laugh:

Actually, the A. Science company has and was around during black mesa and half life. However the game takes place many years after half life. A. Science started around the early 50's.

It is just marketing. They know how to attract people. Honestly though, who would buy a $40 bundle of so-so indie games solely to unlock Portal 2 a day or so earlier? If you do not have anything to do in that amount of time, you better start planning for a more active social life.

Correct!

Again lol :D

so-so indie games? killing floor, amnesia and defence grid are awesome games , also no one has forced anyone to buy anything extra, portal 2 will get released either way.

also I bought toki tori for something like ?1.50 and it kept the gf quiet for a good 6 hours! now that's value for money :)