It was in the commentaries - they stated (Valve) that they used to use portals to connect each puzzle early in development, and they left one in as an easter egg as some sort of infinite drop or something.

They're used for

The Fall

, but that isn't impossible geometry (what the commentary is talking about). The actual instance of impossible geometry is when

Wheatley

drops you into the room filled with

defective turrets

(normally, it'd be inside another room)

Bit of a latecomer, but I finally finished the game after being held up by the PSN downtime (bought it for PS3, then got a bit irritated by the controller and decided to finish the rest on my PC).

Bloody brilliant game and mind blowing. The first half was a riot, then the middle portions in the

retro test chambers

were cool

(and a bit uneasy; I don't like seeing retro stuff lol)

and very very tedious in there.

Favourite part of the game wasn't even Wheatley's comments (his initial "I stole some eggs from the bird's nest! Used them to jam the door mechani- AHH BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD" banter in the beginning had me in stitches for a bit :p) was

the working turret versus fake turret scene. Just laughed my ass off hearing turrets go "AHH CRAP" and "WAIT WAIT NO NO NO NO" before being chucked into an incinerator, then seeing the same done to the working turrets :rofl:

Ending was beautiful. Personally I like Still Alive over this one. It's more memorable and the tune's easier to remember.

Now that I'm done...

Right. Super dupper spoiler here guys. Only click if you have finished the game! (Unless you don't care of course)

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1850363

Don't say I didn't warn you!!!!

The first spoiler I kind of suspected already, but two and three are just shocking. Then again, I didn't look too much into the backstory.

• 4 weeks later...

Just an FYI to everyone, Amazon is still giving $30 trade in credit for the PS3 version. I snatched that deal up as I still obviously have the PC version, so just seemed to good not to do.

Bloody brilliant game and mind blowing.

huh. I still feel like missed something in this game. I played the story and the co-op and it was great fun, but it was hardly mind blowing. Infact I felt the singleplayer was a little underwhelming. I kept expecting it to do something incredible, and it never really did.

Still interested to see what the DLC is like.

huh. I still feel like missed something in this game. I played the story and the co-op and it was great fun, but it was hardly mind blowing. Infact I felt the singleplayer was a little underwhelming. I kept expecting it to do something incredible, and it never really did.

Still interested to see what the DLC is like.

I think you had to read in to the back story to get truly blown away by it. Its still an awesome game though and the possibly DLC expansion should be really good :D

• 1 month later...

After the first one, this is another masterpiece coming right from those demented minds @ Valve :) This is one of those few games that I will finish ( this means a lot when I say that ) !

After the first one, this is another masterpiece coming right from those demented minds @ Valve :) This is one of those few games that I will finish ( this means a lot when I say that ) !

The first DLC should be coming out sometime soon too, FYI. We haven't heard much about it in a while, though.

I finished it !!!!! One word :

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

?!!!!!!!!!!! :)

A brilliant game.

Been replaying it on PC, and man, the co-op people on PC are way worse than on the 360. I had one guy grief me through the entire fifth course set. It would take 30 minutes to do one of the gel levels because he kept standing in my way so I couldn't reach the top (and then portaling me to the beginning).

The moron then wanted to play a course set we'd both played through, so I griefed him the whole time. Finally he rage quit. Lesson: if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Been replaying it on PC, and man, the co-op people on PC are way worse than on the 360. I had one guy grief me through the entire fifth course set. It would take 30 minutes to do one of the gel levels because he kept standing in my way so I couldn't reach the top (and then portaling me to the beginning).

The moron then wanted to play a course set we'd both played through, so I griefed him the whole time. Finally he rage quit. Lesson: if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Do you have it on 360? I still need to do some achievements!

Really? I've never had anybody like that.

Also good job at being an ass.Why didn't you just leave instead of being an ass? You're part of the problem you're bitching about.

Do you have it on 360? I still need to do some achievements!

Yup! Just message me if you see me online. If I don't accept it's because I'm watching a movie on Netflix, which is about 50-50.

Really? I've never had anybody like that.

Also good job at being an ass.Why didn't you just leave instead of being an ass? You're part of the problem you're bitching about.

How am I part of the problem when the only one I'm capable of griefing in that game is the person himself? There is no collateral damage, it's simply one-on-one revenge. It's impossible for me to be the problem if I only grief the griefer. :rolleyes: It's not like the scenario you're surely envisioning whereby someone insults me, so I proceed to insult an uninvolved third-party to make up for it, creating a circular problem.

If someone's an ass to me, they should expect to be treated in kind. It's really as simple as that.

Gonna start this game soon -- should I play the first one first? Or does it not matter?

I definitely recommend that you play the first one, first. Two reasons, get familiar with the game play mechanics and the story is worth it.

Cleaned

If you want to discuss the finer points of video game "griefing", take it to PM or create a topic about it.

I definitely recommend that you play the first one, first. Two reasons, get familiar with the game play mechanics and the story is worth it.

Thanks. I ended up getting it on Steam last night, but I haven't started it. Everyone says the story is great (and short) so it should be fun.

Does anyone know where the loading background screens are located (for instance, the P-body mid-jump and Chell looking up at GLaDOS before you enter the menu)? I'm messing around with some stuff and was wondering... doesn't seem to be like previous Valve games. There used to be a map directory because it'd just be a blurred image of a map in previous games, before it would actually load into a map file. But now the animated backgrounds are actually video (.bik) files, which makes loading much easier.

• 3 weeks later...

So after many months of having this game on my shelf I finally got around to playing it this week, and have just finished the SP.

Overall it is a good game, I would say the first was still better personally. I didn't find myself truly stumped at any point, however the rooms with the gels I did find harder than the rooms without.

Probably end up trading it in now and then if I ever want to play it again I can always fall back on the PC copy. :)

• 1 month later...
Portal 2 ‘Summer’ DLC Now Hitting October 4, For Free

Initially slated for summer, Valve's first, free expansion to Portal 2 will be out for PC, Mac, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 for free. It's called "Peer Review" and is made for co-op.

"Peer Review" continues the game's co-op storyline, according to Valve. "You and a friend will continue the story of loyal bots P-Body and Atlas as you puzzle your way through a mysterious new co-op test track and once again match wits with GLaDOS."

The expansion will also include single-player and co-op challenge mode that uses online leaderboards.

Source: http://kotaku.com/58...ober-4-for-free

A few days!

• Like 1

Valve time still in full effect. Nice to have the final part of the soundtrack, the whole thing is awesome. Really well composed. Might give the singleplayer another play through before Tuesday.