• 4 months later...

Is this coming out on the PS3?

Yes, and the last I heard, if you purchase the PS3 version, you get the PC version for free as well, as Portal 2 is the game that is bringing Steam to the PS3, so it will be considered a Steam Play game. So to me it is a no brainer to get it on the PS3 if one owns a PS3 and also owns a PC. I was just going to get the PC version, but now will get the PS3 version as why not have the option to play it on 2 different machines.

Portal 2 is finished, says Gabe

Puzzle sequel "put to bed", going through final approval process.

Valve's Managing Director Gabe Newell has announced that Portal 2 is "finished", confirming that the oft-delayed first-person puzzler will finally go on sale this April.

"We just finished Portal 2," said Newell speaking in a video conference call with a marketing class at Tippecanoe Valley High School.

"It's pretty much put to bed and we're just waiting for final approvals and to get the discs manufactured."

You can breathe a sigh of relief now, Portal fans.

But there's still no word on Half-Life: Episode 3, with Newell confirming that Valve's next game will be Dota 2, a fantasy RTS "which will be out later this year."

Portal 2 goes on sale in the UK on April 22nd on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Will you be picking it up?

Source: Gamerzines

• 1 month later...

i just preordered it for PC on steam. cost me 42 dollars canadian (steal...) total. I love steam. Yeah i could have gotten it for ps3 and linked the game and get it free for PC/OSX but the PS3 version would have cost me almost 30 dollars more and i'm only gonna play it on my PC or macbook anyways... can't wait!

i just preordered it for PC on steam. cost me 42 dollars canadian (steal...) total. I love steam. Yeah i could have gotten it for ps3 and linked the game and get it free for PC/OSX but the PS3 version would have cost me almost 30 dollars more and i'm only gonna play it on my PC or macbook anyways... can't wait!

I was doubting your figure of 'almost $30 dollars more' until I added in tax to the $59.99 cost, and you're right. :s

Still planning on skipping the preorder and grabbing the PS3 copy at the end of the month; Portal 2 is being released right in the middle of exam season. :(

I was doubting your figure of 'almost $30 dollars more' until I added in tax to the $59.99 cost, and you're right. :s

HST is a bitch...

Apparently you can see Portal 2 in action at Birmingham Bullring up till April 4th. Maybe even play it who knows?

There is a massive floor ad there.

I have a pre-order for the PS3 version of the game. I figured it was the best way to go being that you also get the PC version with it.