Microsoft Security Essentials Receives AV-Test Certificate

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shayla

Shayla

This Account Has Been Hacked and Banned by Neowin

• 1,818 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:43

Anti-virus research and data security organization AV-Test recently spent three months testing 19 security products in the areas of protection, repair and usability. On Monday, August 16th they released the test results, and we’re excited that Microsoft Security Essentials has received another certification, this time from AV-Test.org.

According to the AV-Test Product Review and Certification Report, the "Protection" category covers static and dynamic malware detection, including testing for real-world 0-Day attacks. "Repair" evaluates the system disinfection and rootkit removal in detail, which is critical for ensuring AV solutions effectively clean malware off of consumers’ computers. The "Usability" testing criteria includes the amount of system slow-down caused by the tools and the number of false positives. You can read the full set of test reports here.

Continue here for full story

#2 norseman

norseman

Linux and Windows Admin

• 1,112 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 16:46

We use it here at work on systems where we find McAfee Enterprise 8.7i won't manage. I wish we could simply replace McAfee with this.

#3 Ci7

Ci7

Neowinian Senior

• 8,215 posts
  • Phone: Sony XZ

Posted 18 August 2010 - 22:50

We use it here at work on systems where we find McAfee Enterprise 8.7i won't manage. I wish we could simply replace McAfee with this.

i don't think MSE license allow for business/non-Residential use

you are probably should look at Microsoft Forefront Client Security