PS3 finally hacked?

PS Jailbreak is a USB plug and play solution that installs in seconds, keeping your valid warranty seal in tact.

Easy to use installer and GUI takes you step by step.

Compatible with all production models FAT and SLIM. Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA

PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Supports all games (it does not allow backups of bluray movies , dvd movies , or past consoles games)

Backup games to your internal hard drive or external hard drive through USB, and boot directly off GUI. Eliminating the need for expensive blueray burners and costly blank media.

Play backups off your hard drives 2x as fast as off the blueray drive. This eliminates lags and glitches to provide you with smoother game play.

Open up your console to a new generation of homebrew applications. Load homebrew apps/games off any USB hard drive/flash drive.

Fully updatable with new features/updates by connecting PS Jailbreak to any computers USB port.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64935

Ozmodchips are testing and are saying it works.. who are a pretty trusted source in Australia. Guess we'll know in the next 24 hours if its another scam or the real deal but :shiftyninja:

--- Initial game dumping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6DxvQk0oJI

--- First test.

Erm. Arent' the games like 50 gigs each?

No none of the games are really that big, if it works how it says it dumps onto a portable harddrive which would fix the space issue. But you would rather be renting and borrowing games to dump then actually downloading them.

Received this not too long ago on Twitter

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/37e92k

psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools.

The binary itself seems to use the usual sce apis when it comes to the gui or copying files over. It does run on a debug console and displays a "nicely" done GUI that lets you "backup" your game to the external or usb hdd and "run" them later on. Needless to say the backups wont "run" as their "backup manager" is just a regular fself running with game privileges and doesn't make use of any exploits that I can think of. Needless to say that if their so called usb dongle is real (which I doubt) it does extensive use of leaked sony's software and keys/certificates.

Seems like they're playing with fire...

ha they are trying to make a quick buck off of the retards that are silly enough to pay them $119.

That's real? :blink:

I dunno what games you've been playing lately but none of the games I play have been 50GB big.

MGS4 and FFXIII are dual layer Blu-Ray discs but I don't think they use all the 50GB.

ha they are trying to make a quick buck off of the retards that are silly enough to pay them $119.

For the hell of it I downloaded that 'Backup Manager' in the download section on that website. The file is a manager.PKG file which is an installer extension for OS X which failed to launch on my Hackintosh.

Just thought that was epic fail :p

For the hell of it I downloaded that 'Backup Manager' in the download section on that website. The file is a manager.PKG file which is an installer extension for OS X which failed to launch on my Hackintosh.

Just thought that was epic fail :p

Everything you download from PSN (minus most videos and all music) are in that form.

It's during the installing process after download where they get converted or whatever it does from there. ;)

its meant for the ps3 not osx.

Since when does a PS3 use an OS X installer extension? :o

Everything you download from PSN (minus most videos and all music) are in that form.

It's during the installing process after download where they get converted or whatever it does from there. ;)

Ah, okay. I see.

Do not own a PS3 so that is something I just learned!

psjailbreak's so called "Backup Manager" (which is pretty much the only thing available to download on their website) is a debug package including a regular fself compiled with the (massively privately leaked) 1.92 sdk, The package itself is generated with Sony's official sdk tool (make_package_npdrm revision 1203 probably from that very same sdk) that makes it illegal to share because I am quite sure psjailbreak staff doesn't have the appropriate license to be using the official Playstation 3 SDK and its tools.

Really? Pirates worried about sharing a tool because it was made using sony's sdk? :rolleyes:

Oh and for the people worried about HD space.... Toshiba has your back https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/930896-toshiba-10tb-hdds/page__pid__593047428__st__0entry593047428

The pkg file on their website is confirmed as working on debug/test units.

And no most games don't actually use 25GB+. Green Day Rock Band for example is only 3.49GB (I checked myself). Final Fantasy XIII on the other hand is around 45GB - but it looks like it also has duplicate files and a ton of FMVs.